Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (maddy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
We have not been out to Folsom Lake in the last two weeks but would like to go out on Friday. I've heard some rumors about the lake level - anyone know the real scoop? We usually launch at Folsom Point and ride the North Fork. We pick up our third at Rattlesnake Bar... I know the lake is dropping rapidly, hence the need for current, accurate info... Thanks
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-18-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
www.folsomlakemarina.com

The levels are very low for this time of season and they are going to get lower. However, so far, all the hazards are marked well except for the South Fork back where the bathroom is in the 5 mph zone. Apparently there is a gravel mound somewhere back there that has gotten about 10 props so far that I am aware of.....
Old     (maddy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info...
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-18-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
You are welcome. Not the best but it works out okay. Just watch out for the water levels. they are getting low...
Old     (boardnmoto)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-18-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
Hey I have to pick up a friend at Rattle Snack Bar does anyone know if the water level is too low to get to the dock? Sorry I saw this thread and thought it would be a good place to ask the question.

thanks
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       07-18-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
Hey Frank- beware out there, all kinds of obstacles. We might be walking across folsom lake come oct.
Old     (boardnmoto)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-18-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
Hey Shawn,

Are you going to be out at the North Fork this Friday? My wife wants to check out the 8k watts blasting. She heard the stories from Tim and I. Thanks again for the pull. Should I not go back that far? You got me worried about the obstacles. I lost one prop to a fisherman, don't want to loose a second to a rock.
Old     (marcy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-18-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
Frank - Website shows Rattlesnake Bar ramp is closed for the season. I don't know if it would be worth the risk trying to pick someone up there.

http://www.folsomlakemarina.com/Ramps.html

Also, got the new thread for your winch strap today, should be able to finish it tomorrow morning no problem.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-18-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
Wayyyy low, just bent my prop. I think I hit a rock or something coming in. I hit so hard it it stopped the engine. Boat shop says I might have damaged my prop & shaft.
Old     (maddy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-19-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
Damaged anything is a drag Hope it's not as bad as it sounds..

Looks like a lot of heads up driving tomorrow. We have a good crew, so hopefully it will be worth the risk of possible property damage. We told our third at Rattlesnake Bar to start swimming, little does he know we weren't kidding
Old     (boardnmoto)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-19-2007, 9:30 AM Reply   
Thank you for fixing that. Let me know if after 7pm when would be a good time to pick up the strap.

Marc how far back did you go when you hit the rock? Was it by the 5mph zone? That sucks!
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
I was out with James and Trina this morning. Low! It was a trip riding back in Rattlesnake with so many rocks and everything so narrow. I can see the main body being one big five zone by October.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
guess you guys wont be giving me a hard time about riding at the private lake. it maybe too shallow to give a great wake, but i'll be riding in comfort not worrying about prop dings....
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-19-2007, 10:08 AM Reply   
Rod - Private lake or Folsom, I'm still waiting for a pull!
Old     (maddy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-19-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
Any thoughts on Clementine? Is it worth the effort?