Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-13-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
I was driving along last night and it kind of hit me...why dont people opt to purchase enclosed trailers for their boats? Especially some of the pricier one's like the SAN 230's and X-stars?

Does anyone offer this? Has anyone seen one? I think it would be macking to have an enclosed trailer...especially if you road tripped it a lot. Here are my reasons/thinking...

No need for a boat cover or puddles on the cover when it rains. You could easily create a ventilation system for the trailer (built in dehumidifiers too).

No need to worry about locking up your belongings if you decided to crash/park in a motel/hotel parking lot, its all inside the locked trailer. (you could even carry a fairly loaded tool chest). Tower speaker theft...no biggie now that the whole thing is locked up.

No road damage, bugs or debri getting on the boat making you have to continually clean it.

Low-pro...no one really even knows you are towing a 75k+ boat when its in a plain white enclosed trailer looking like a toy hauler...Heck you could even paint it to mimic a uhaul...hahaha.

You could build it so the sides could hinge down. Heck you could even make rolling front and rear doors. Obviously the bottom of the trailer would be some sort of surface with drain holes.

You could store all your gear inside without needing to take up extra garage space...year round! You could even load up the trailer when going camping so you dont look like the clampits rolling down the road with crap strapped to the roof etc.

If you are going to a big wake event you could sit on the roof to check things out...its always fun sitting up on higher things.

Potential problems: Not being able to see who is to your left and right at the ramp when you are unloading...no biggie since you could simply look behind you as the driver backs down the ramp.

Bad drivers not being able to pull into an enclosed trailer. I got nothing here, haha.

Inability to really clean the boat with it kept in an enclosed trailer....Not really if you have hinging/detachable sides.

Added wind resistance than an open trailer...potentially yes, I got nothing there either.

Anyways I was just thinking out loud about this and figured I would throw it up on here to see what other people thought. Good, Bad, etc?