Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-28-2009, 9:47 PM Reply   
What are the best settings on an iPhone to get the best sound quality? I have messed around and can't get very good sound when connected to my clarion deck. It sounds good with the phone volume turned down, but then I cannot get enough volume from the deck. I am connecting through the headphone jack to rca cables. Any help is appreciated, or it is back to the Creative Zen which sounds awesome.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-28-2009, 9:53 PM Reply   
Use bass reducer, or just turn the eq off.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-28-2009, 9:58 PM Reply   
I tried it off, but not with bass reducer. I will give that a try.
Old     (dubsac)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-29-2009, 5:22 AM Reply   
You may want to take a look at your audio compression settings in iTunes. The default setting is 128k AAC, I changed mine to 320k MP3.

If your Clarion deck has a USB input then try to use the dock connector instead of the RCA.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-29-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
When I plug my ipod in on my epic, which has a kicker system I have to put it on reducer or off so I can turn it up all the way. But kicker sucks anyways so I dont think it was all due to my iphone.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-29-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
I use the headphone Jack as well, my eq is "off" and my volume on the deck is about 3/4 turned up. That way I control music and volume by just turning up or down the volume on my iPhone/iPod. I'd try it like that first and check your levels on your deck. If you have a "volume boost" or something on your deck start by turning that down. Then start turning your bass, mid, treble down and play with it to get the right sound. If all of your levels are low on your deck and it's still bad then I'd go back and check your compresssion As will mentioned.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-29-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
Keep in mind digital music off of mp3 players is worse quality than CDs, which I really notice when the volume is up.
Old     (justsan)      Join Date: May 2009       09-30-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
Try tuning your amps using your iPod as the sample music. I never use my CD player, so when I tuned my amps I only used my Ipod and it turned out great.
Also, I use the volume restriction setting on the ipod and turn the max volume down a bit; so when I jump in the boat, I crank the volume on the ipod all the way up (for consistency), but its really only 3/4's (hope that makes sense).
If you don't know how to tune your amps, go to wetsounds.com. The WS-420 user manual has great "how to" instructions for adjusting the levels on the amps.

Let me know how it turns out for you if you chose this route.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-30-2009, 1:54 PM Reply   
At this point I don't have an amp, just the factory Clarion head unit and four wetsounds xs-650's.