Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old    wakelvr            07-14-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
Finally, the day has come. And now that we finally got Brady to "want" to wakeboard, he is HOOKED!!!! Three sets and this is all he talks about. Phew, one down, one to go. We are going out this week to get Brady his own wakeboard because he wants to try it himself (yay). Any suggestions on sizes? I am so out of the loop, don't know what's out there for kids!!!!

One down, one to go. Hopefully our one year old Aiden will follow in his big bro's footsteps soon!!!! YAY!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-14-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
Short, prob a 118-124cm range. Good job on getting him hooked. I can't get my 7 year old cousin out to save his life.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-14-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
cool pics! looks like he had a blast
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-14-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
awesome conrats. we bought my little sister a board (she is 11) and she tried twice and now wont try anymore. my dad tried to get up with her on his board. but he doesnt have enough control getting up to get up with another 80 lbs. she was screaming affter he tried. i finally convinced her that i could get her up. i was 3/4 of the way out of the water. starting to turn my board ffoward, when she let go of my legs. i let go, i didnt want her to fall over the front and get run over by the board. and then she was crying and acting like a baby. im going to show her this post and try to pressure her into it by calling her a chicken and a baby. haha. i know she will have fun if she just gives it a chance.

Conggrats again!
Old    wakelvr            07-14-2009, 2:20 PM Reply   
Hmmmm, after reading your post David, maybe I'll wait to buy a board.... just to be sure he is really ready:-) While he was riding he kept yelling at his daddy "this is awesome daddy, this is so awesome." It was so cute, and of course, a very proud moment for us. We didn't push him at all. We have found the more we push on things, the more he pulls back. He started snow skiing at 2 1/2 and we were hoping he would try wakeboarding earlier as well (like age 3) but he was intimidated by the water until just recently, something clicked in his head and he was ready. And we seized the moment and he took three long sets:-) The chance of accident is concerning to me but I have to remind myself to look at the big picture and we have to start somewhere.

Thanks all! Hopefully good times ahead we are heading out again this weekend!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-14-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
he sounds into it though. we used to dirtbike, and she wanted to also. so we bought her a little 50 CC bike. and she rode it for about 2 minutes, then fell and never touched it again. she also begged us to buy her a board, so we bought her a Liquid force set up, the star 118 and a set of bindings. she was supper stoked. tried it twice on her own. now wants nothing to do with it. its a bummer in all reality. your son looks really into it though. i think with some work, he will be up and riding in no time.
good luck!
Old     (kimmib)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-23-2009, 9:15 AM Reply   
Thats AWESOME! I did the same thing with my 3 year old daughter this summer- she BEGS to ride with me every weekend. I love it!
Old     (littlelady)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-23-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
OMG, stephani, those pictures are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!! I want my own mini-wakeboarder too..... ! Uh oh, its those womanly hormones kicking in again.

When I was a young girl..maybe 5, I tried waterskiing, but I couldn't actually get up until I was about 7. I would wait a year or so before I would get him a wakeboard. Keep him out on the water with you and dad though!!
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-23-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
Haven't got my 4 year old daughter up on a wakeboard, but she does ski on a trainer. She wants a wakeboard, probably next year
Upload
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-23-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
Very cool Stefani!

Our daughter finally really wakeboarded this year! previously it was always up for a few feet than down, this year she popped up the first try and now she is asking for a new board. She turned 9 this year.

This is from our trip to lake Britton.Upload
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-23-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
That's awesome Stefani! I can't believe Brady is 4 already. Wow!
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-23-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
Awesome. My 3yr..soon to be 4 has been riding with me the last couple of months as well. She loves it and rides 2-3 sets every time we are out.

The only downside is that its very tiring! She doesn't ever want to stop. Also riding at the slower speed for them will burn out your legs, back and arms.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-23-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
Here is one of my daughter and I. And the other of my buddy and his daughter. Upload
Upload

They will ride forever. Congrats on getting them hooked!
Old     (kimmib)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-23-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
Here are a couple pics of Hannah's (she's 3) first time up with me- all I had was my cell phone on the boat (of course the ONE no-camera day was the day she decided to get in the water with me! :-)

Upload
Upload
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-23-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
Cool pics! Little future rippers...
Old     (dguille)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-23-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Here's my little girl riding. She's been riding for 3 weeks now after her first attempt on July 4th! She never rode with me or anything. Just got out there and popped up 1st try. She's already talking about wanting to compete.
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-23-2009, 1:42 PM Reply   
This thread is awesome!!
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-23-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
Stefani,

I've got a 118cm and a 121cm board that Nathan and Trevor ride. Trace and I are taking the boys to Paradise Point on Saturday, and if you and jay want to head up that way, then you are welcome to use one of the boards versus going out and buying one.

It would be great to see the two of you again. Right now we have 5 people heading out on my boat. It might be a little crowded with four more once we fill all of the fat sacs up for Trace and I to ride, but we can always make room.

Let me know if you are interested.

Rob
Old     (coz)      Join Date: May 2008       07-23-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
Started when he was 3 and he's 4 now.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (plegal01)      Join Date: May 2009       07-23-2009, 11:00 PM Reply   
[IMG]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/extremeisaac/DSCN4342.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/extremeisaac/DSCN4373.jpg[/IMG]

what am I doing wrong for the pics not to show up?
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-24-2009, 1:47 AM Reply   
You have to attach them in teh post. Look for the "upload attachment" button, then browse for them on your hard drive.