Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (1fast300z)      Join Date: May 2008       05-19-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
Hey everyone I was thinking about getting fat sacs to help improve the wake on my '88 mastercraft. Where do you guys put the weight in your boats? The max weight suggest's 1,095 lbs. I'm new to fat sacs but not the sport, been doing it for years but the little wakes getting old. Heres a picture of the wake im on right now. Upload
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-19-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
I had an 88 ProStar that I put a FatSeat in the back of and about 500 lbs of waterbed tubes in the bow (stayed there full). The wake was good, but the boat was low. Def had to be cautious when driving.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-19-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
don't worry about the recommended weight. My 82 Ski Nautique is rated for 1,100 and I have over that in ballast alone.

Definitely don't go overboard though.
Old     (1fast300z)      Join Date: May 2008       05-19-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies, I'm thinking about putting a 450 lb launch pad in the back where the back seat usually goes and then Maybe 150 lbs up in the very front behind the seat in the ski locker. With the weight of the driver and two people sitting up front hopefully it will help keep the bow down a little. Then depending on how the boat does maybe add a little more.

To the two people that replied, how did you spread the weight out? Like how much weight was in that fat sac in the back as compared to the 500 lbs you said you had in the bow?
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-19-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
It was a FatSEAT, not a sac, the sac worked, just not as good. I think the SEAT was said to be 1100 lbs alone, but never weighed it. Just filled it up and rode. Sold it to someone else with the same boat and they ran the exact same setup.

Try one sack in the back, then maybe two, in the back on the sides of the engine, and def put some in the nose. Climb in there and get it way up front.
Old     (1fast300z)      Join Date: May 2008       05-19-2008, 2:22 PM Reply   
Nice man I have an '88 pro star also! I'm feeling a lot better about adding weight now that I hear you had that much in it. I'm going with the launch pad 440 for the back or maybe two of the launch pad chairs. Then probably a little over 200 lbs for the front of the bow. I will see how the wake is with that and go from there. The majority of the people in the boat sit in the front so that should help add some weight on the front. How many people did you have in that boat with that much weight?