Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-26-2012, 2:05 AM Reply   
So my plan was to release the video, the photo albums, and the reviews and comments all at the same time. However, I finished the video and had a ton of fun making it and I can't help it, I am going to put it out now before the site is ready. So check back on Monday 10/29 here:

and you can watch the videos, view all of the pictures and read all of the rider's comments and boat setups and stuff. It took a while to get all the pictures together and tagged and prompt the riders to get all of their reviews in. All of the pictures are tagged by rider, boat, etc. I tried to put together the video in such a way that memorializes the event, I hope you like it.

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-26-2012, 7:20 AM Reply   
Love it thanks for all the work you put in to put on such a great event. We meat a bunch of great people and are looking foreword to the WCO, We plan to come down a couple days early this time and have already started making our plans.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       10-26-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
great vid robert. it was a real treat to ride behind each of the boats and all had some amazing qualities...

best shot was harolds fins
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-26-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
Love it Robert!! Best shot was Harolds crash!!! LOL!!! Can't wait to get back to Cali!!
Old     (stingreye)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-26-2012, 9:50 AM Reply   
Robert, you guys rock! The weekend was awesome. Thanks to everyone who made it possible!
Old     (majestic)      Join Date: May 2008       10-26-2012, 11:08 AM Reply   
Thanks again Robert and Family along with Mitch and Grant for all their hard work too. You know goofy group 5 had a great time The event was well organized and the BBQ on Saturday night was great.

It will be hard to top but I can't wait for next year. Hopefully more boat and board manufacturers will attend and bring their best for us to try.

See you tomorrow
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-26-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
That video sure made me smile. Thanks guys for all the late hours on it. Thanks again to all who were there ya all made it a BLAST!
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-26-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
Robert. Angie and I just finished watching the video, we'll probably watch it a few more times Great memories of a great weekend. Thanks again for all you do for our sport.
Old     (tahoesurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2010       10-26-2012, 12:02 PM Reply   
Great video robert. Thanks to all those on the front lines and behind the scenes to make this such a great event.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-26-2012, 2:13 PM Reply   
Oh my gosh, that video was so much fun to watch Robert I had a great time at the Polar Bear riding behind the most awesome wakesurf boats and riding with group 2! I"ll never forget the image of Rob Harrington yelling across the lake to me, " Don't forget to smile Sue because when you don't smile you Suck! I think my wakesurfing actually improved after that.
Thanks for the advice Rob! and thank you to all of group 2 you guys are the best!!!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-26-2012, 4:26 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, I wanted to make the video a memorial to the event, so you could watch and transport back. It did that for me. I also have watched it a few times, just for fun. Going out tomorrow for the last time this season, other than maybe some testing or craziness here and there until april. Looks like the weather is going to be beautiful tomorrow, can't believe it. I love the weather up here at Lake Oroville in the fall.
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-27-2012, 3:28 AM Reply   
Sue, you know that comment was said with compassion right! You have a passion for this sport that is contagious. When you are riding and you smile, ya tear it up and it touches all those around. That passion is fun to be around. I enjoyed the weekend with you and all of group 2!

TonyV, can't wait to have that yellow listing machine back in Cali. Looking forward to watching the sun set through that tower from the campsite!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-27-2012, 5:35 AM Reply   
Well Rob sorry to let you down but we will be bringing my boat and leaving Tony's at home this time.
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-27-2012, 7:55 AM Reply   
Sweet, a new toy! That's no let down it is like a new Christmas present.cant wait to see it!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-27-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
Rob, I totally know that it was said with compassion! It was so funny when group 2 was in the Tige driving away and you yelled over at me. You made me smile and laugh all weekend. I really do love this sport, especially when I get to hang out with people that are as compassionate about it as I am. Group 2 was the best
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-27-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
Oh I forgot since I miss you guys already, Joe and I plan to come back for the WCO. Can't wait till June!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-27-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob17 View Post
Sweet, a new toy! That's no let down it is like a new Christmas present.cant wait to see it!
Rob we cant wait hangin with you guys is a blast. If we get a night with some moon light we will have to do some stealth runs. My boat lights up like a christmas tree at night LOL
Attached Images

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-27-2012, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm01 View Post
great vid robert. it was a real treat to ride behind each of the boats and all had some amazing qualities...

best shot was harolds fins
That was one of my favorite shots. That "those be fins" comment came from in the boat. RJ was driving and Harold got back there and was enjoying the wave and he does an air. RJ looks back at me astonished and says, "were those fins". Harold does it again and I look back at him and say, "those be fins". RJ then said, "Dude, I think that's the biggest dude yet, I have seen get air."

Then he said something like, "although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, old people aren't that bad."
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-27-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
Harold, that is way cool! Lets do it. Looking forward to hanging with all ya north westerners....
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-27-2012, 12:39 PM Reply   
Harold's boat rocks!! Wave/tunes/LED's can't wait to ride behind it again! I will miss my Avy down there, next year, but I won't miss towing it all that way!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-27-2012, 12:43 PM Reply   
Rob, I can't wait to ride ur awesome 226 wave again! Polar Bear weekend was so much fun!! Group 2 freakin ROCKS!!! Robert , tell RJ I agree! H is the heaviest dude ever to catch air!
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       10-28-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
Wow! Great video Robert! Your video skills are amazing! What program do you use to edit?

PB was simply an awesome weekend! It was so much fun to meet all you guys and talk wake surfing all weekend. The BBQ at your house was great.... and that is saying alot coming from "the Texan."

You guys are just a super nice amazing family! I wish I lived closer so we could all hang out!
But you can rest assured I will try to come to as many future events you guys host as I can.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-28-2012, 7:09 PM Reply   
Thanks Davis. I use Final Cut Pro X, and then various pieces of other software and even some home brewed stuff to help with an efficient workflow.

The BBQ was catered by a guy that is from Texas, where he owned a restaurant doing the same type of menu there. Great food. That meat was smoked for 12 hours, delicious.

You are gonna have to get on a plane and come down to the West Coast Wakesurf Open, lots of fun and everyone camps together.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-31-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
Here is a link to TONS of great pics from the event.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wake9/c...7631890708217/
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-15-2012, 12:00 AM Reply   
All of the reviews have been live, but we also added videos for each boat, and then an easy to navigate section where you can check rider review/comments by board.

http://wake9.com/polar-bear
Old     (jaws)      Join Date: May 2012       11-15-2012, 5:11 AM Reply   
This is outstanding! my productivity at work will be down today.