Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-13-2003, 3:42 PM Reply   
I have tried the backroll at least 50 times and although I have plenty of height, have a nice slow rotation, and am landing on the board, I get crushed on the landings. I have watched my video in slow motion and I am keeping the rope tight to my hip. I have noticed that the board sometimes lands a little sideways but not always. I am definitely landing flat on the board - that may be my problem. Seems as though my knees are getting driven up through my shoulders. I am using a 65 foot non-stretch rope at a speed of 22-23. I know I am close to finally stomping this mother - I think I just need a tweak. Thanks.
Old                08-14-2003, 7:19 AM Reply   
Remember that progressive edge all the way through the wake, from what it sounds like is that you are too crouched though your whole roll (I had a friend with this problem) Stand tall coming off of the wake, giving you more pop and a lot more landing time using your legs to absorb the shock instead of landing crouched with your shock absorbers bottomed out. Good luck!
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-14-2003, 10:46 AM Reply   
I have to agree with Tony. I had the same problem. I could land them 50-60% of the time but i knew i was doing it wrong. I was told by Shaun Murray exactly that, you have to stand tall coming off the wake and wait until the pop to start the rotation (i always threw it too early) and keep the handle in tight because that is the axis for the rotation. Oh and another thing that sounds like you may be doing is that you should try to take the trick out instead of up.
Old                08-14-2003, 11:12 PM Reply   
man it sounds like ur doing it all good u should try to stand tall like everyones been sayin u might even want to try bringin the rope out to 75 or 80 seeing how ur going 22-23 that just my opinion try it out

goodluck
Old                08-15-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
Once I get my computer (at home) running again I will upload video of my attempts - that should help with trying to figure it out.