Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-02-2010, 5:24 AM Reply   
Alright guys I have a 2001 X-30 with just over 1300 hours on it. We have already ordered new skins for the seats when it was around 700 hours and had them installed. It is 4 years later or so and the seats are already torn up again. Granted we put so many hours on the boat, we are looking into having a custom interior made. My issue is that most of these places only guarantee their work for a year. Does anyone know of a custom interior shop who actually backs their work and does a great job? The estimates we got back are extremely high and include an hourly rate of 125$ plus materials. So as you can imagine, it was a lot! Does anyone know what some other hourly costs are around your areas? I am in no way blaming mastercraft for their quality because i know we put more hours on a boat than an average person and they jumped through hoops to get us a new interior for free the first time. I just want it done better this time. Who has some information for me??? Thanks- Matt Crowe

ps, i woudl appreciate no answers including getting a new boat haha. Actually, just had a compression test and 3800lbs of ballast and 1300 hrs later we are still at good compression in all 8 cylinders! Change your oil and its all good!!!
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-02-2010, 6:03 AM Reply   
Yo could go for those primal seat covers. They seem to work well. Almost like a custom fit towel for all the seats. Will be less costly and protect the interior. Just a thought
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-02-2010, 6:31 AM Reply   
Thanks for the idea, if this were a cheap boat i would probably look into it, but i am in my boat way to much and feel i should truly enjoy the quality of the interior! thanks !
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-02-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
come on guys! am i seriously the only one who has had to replace an interior haha
Old     (jmcdanie)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-02-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
I am not a fan of the towel covers either....

I have not used these people, but have heard good things about them if you want to save some money and do some of the work yourself, but not have to do the MAIN work yourself.

http://www.copycatcovers.com/

Good luck!
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-02-2010, 2:59 PM Reply   
That copycatcovers looks like an awesome way to reupholeter.
Old     (mcb611)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-03-2010, 7:32 AM Reply   
try to find a local buisness, they usually do a really good job and their not bad expensive
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-03-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
ya thats what i was thinking. The estimates that came back were around 5k for just selected seats being redone, and a little over 10k to do the whole boat. Please keep in mind I am talking using newer, better vinyl than what mastercraft was putting in the boats at that time. I am also using newer stiffer foam. However, I still felt these estimates were extremely high?? Any thoughts?