Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (xh913x)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-06-2005, 4:18 PM Reply   
I just bought the Obrien System bindings, and i can't for the life of me figure out how to get my foot into these. The laces dont seem to play much role in tightening or loosening. I can't even get my hand in them hardly. Any help would be appreciated.

Tyler
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-06-2005, 4:24 PM Reply   
I have '03 Systems and they were tight when I first bought them. I wear a size 10 and I have larges and they now fit great. I had to take off the top of the foot rubber piece. It was WAY to tight. After I took that off I have not had any problems. Are you using slime????????? What size shoe do you wear and what size bindings did you buy????
Old     (xh913x)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-06-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
i wear anywhere between a size 8-9 and i bought the mediums. i dont have slime. Would taking that top rubber layer off affect the sturdiness of the boot?
Old     (xh913x)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-06-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
any thoughts? im really bummin here
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-07-2005, 6:30 AM Reply   
it hasn't affected it for me........and you should be able to grab slime from your local marina.....if not there all of the wakeboarding sites online sell it. Give it a try.....Those mediums will be SUPER tight @ first....but I think if I were you I may have gone with Larges....But hey if you are willing to work through the break-in period you will like them alot.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-07-2005, 7:19 AM Reply   
cover your feet in dishwashing soap (Dawn), then try to get in them. Make sure the bindings are wet too.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-07-2005, 7:38 AM Reply   
Dishwashing soap is the best lube ever.....and the cheapest.
Old     (xh913x)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-07-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
I got the bindings on with some Dawn, but it was a somewhat painful experience. Once they are on they feel as if my foot can't breathe. Is this not good? they feel just so unbelievably tight.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2005, 2:44 PM Reply   
I hate to tell you, but O'Brien bindings from that year ran small. You should have gotten large.

I know thats not much help but thats about it.

jjakober