Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                10-25-2004, 2:54 PM Reply   
I'm sure there are many female snowboarders here too. What setup do you ride?
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-25-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
I have the Salomon Ivy board, and Vans Omni boots. I love my setup!
Old                10-25-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
I ride a Barrett Christy - GNU 153 w/ Drake bindings. I love Gnu, and have been riding their boards for the last three years now. As for boots I have Northwave, which are sooo comfortable. I highly suggest them!

(Message edited by dementedchick on October 25, 2004)
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-25-2004, 7:16 PM Reply   
Burton Micro White, bindings are DC and boots are once again Burton, the setup is pricy but i love it soooooo much!
Old                10-25-2004, 11:12 PM Reply   
I should probably share my setup. I have salomon boots (yeah, I'm a sell out according to the post under snowboarding), flow binings, and I'm trying to decide what burton boad to get. Anyone tried the feelgood or the feather? I'm also thinking about the new Malolo. Would love some input!
Old     (nautiquechick04)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-26-2004, 12:56 AM Reply   
I ride a Burton Troop 152 with Burton Custom bindings. I have some kind of Vans boot, don't know which kind, but they aren't very good and I need to buy some new ones!
Old                10-26-2004, 9:26 AM Reply   
Burton Clash 155, Ride bindings and Burton boots, don't remember what kind either... haven't pulled them out this year, but can't wait!
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       10-26-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
a Chorus board and Ride bindings and northwave boots...I don't know which ones lol....I should really pull it out and dust it off with all the snow we have here!

Tahoe Represent!
Old     (p1emt)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-28-2004, 8:36 AM Reply   
I also snowboard I have a k2 setup !!
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-29-2004, 7:17 AM Reply   
Yep!!!! I aslo ride the Salomon Ivy, boots- Minon ThirtyTwo, Houger- bindings.
Old                11-01-2004, 9:02 PM Reply   
I currently ride a Burton 155, but I'm thinking of sizing down. I'm experiencing some delaming on my current board and am in the market for a newer board. I love my boots I believe the are Five's (now you girls are going to make me look), they are super comfy though.

I'm looking for an all mountain board any suggestions? Hitting the slopes this weekend I hope!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-02-2004, 5:14 AM Reply   
Even thuogh I am not really excited about having to drive 5 hours for decent snow or even fly, I do have a Gnu 153 with Flow bindings. These bindings rock. No more chipping out ice or having to sit down to strap in. I recommend everyone at least take a look at the flow bindings.

I have to say there is hope for some decent snow in WA this year, some hope. I will probably not go in WA though, I got a project in CO, so IF I snowboard this year it will be in CO, BC, and CA/NV.
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-02-2004, 5:52 PM Reply   
Teri, how bad is the delamenating because most places will fix your board for like 30$- 60$
Old                11-03-2004, 9:54 AM Reply   
Ashly,

Personally I don't think the delam is that bad, I rode the board for a week straight last year in Colorado with no problems. I'm not sure I want to get the board fixed, it gives me more reason to buy a new one!!! Besides it was given to me from a friend who did snowboard instructions (it's well worn) and I would like to get something new for the season!
Old     (sbboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-03-2004, 1:10 PM Reply   
Solomon Ivy here too. Burton Mission bindings and Northwave boots. I am also in the market for a bigger board.
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-06-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
Teri, Awesome, what kind of board are you going to get?
Old     (nkrn8)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-07-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
I just got a older ride 52kink with some MFM technine's, still breakin em in - so far I am loving the size. Coming off a 148 its a huge difference no longer do I have to b-line to clear jumps. yay! How do you ladies like the women specific products? Features?
Hey T! long time how is you?
Old                11-08-2004, 8:18 AM Reply   
Ashly - Not sure what kind of board I'm looking at getting. Most likely I will stay on my board the rest of the season and demo a few here and there then make a purchase end of season!

Amay - Girly what's up! Typical Nor*Cal weekend for me .... Moshed the mountain Satuday and tore up the water on Sunday!!!!
Old     (nkrn8)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-08-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
Atta girl! Add some moto and there was my weekend, yeeehaa! Its kinda sad that it is only monday and I already have next weekend planned -triple threat again. hehe. Live to ride I guess
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-09-2004, 9:49 PM Reply   
Boards....Barrett Christy GNU, 2 Libtechs, Palmer, Bindings...Burton Customs, Drakes, and K2 boots.

Have not tried woman specific products but would like to demo.
Old                11-10-2004, 10:00 PM Reply   
03 GNU Carbon High Beam 153 cm, Ride LX bindings and Northwave boots. Can't wait to try my set up, hopefully this weekend!
Old                11-11-2004, 4:58 AM Reply   
I ride a Lib Tech Tear Yea, Drake Bindings and Northwave boots. I agree with Mary that Northwave are the most comfortable boots I have put my feet in!
A little off-topic, but I noticed that Amay mentioned Moto. Do any other girls ride MX? My husband and I just got into it this summer and are loving it!
Old     (wakegrl2109)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-22-2004, 2:40 PM Reply   
I ride a Never Summer with Drake bindings and a Santa cruz with sc bindings
Old                12-25-2004, 4:49 PM Reply   
i ride the feelgood es.. its an amazing board, kinda expensive but definitally worth it! i also have the nicola 154.. great older board, lots of flex to do whatever :-) highly reccomend both boards.
Old                12-31-2004, 7:12 PM Reply   
I ride a Burton Punch 141, ride bindings, and burton boots......................... my setup absolutlely rocks...!
Old                01-03-2005, 2:25 AM Reply   
I just updated my setup with all women specific products. Burton Troop 155 with Burton Lexa. The bindings are just amazing. They have the new capstraps which pushes you back in the binding for ultimate control. Highly recommend demo them!
I still have my womens salomon boots and love them!
So, you guys have any snow?? Have fun and be safe!
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-05-2005, 8:10 PM Reply   
Nicole C, never summer is awesome!! where'd you get yours from?
Old                08-29-2005, 9:46 PM Reply   
I have been snowboarding for 12 years now, I love all kinds of bordsports, I feel pretty lucky to live in an area where you can do so much outdoors-- Much love to Oregon and all the riders here, I have met so many awsome people through boardsports, PAC NW rocks
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-09-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
ride fuel with lx bindings i got at the k-2 sale for $180. my boot cost more because my feet are small, narrow and hard to fit...solomons.
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-25-2005, 6:46 PM Reply   
I ride the Burton Feelgood with Burton Sable boots and Flow bindings...
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-26-2005, 8:44 PM Reply   
man there are some pretty rad, and pricey setups here!
Old     (chellluvs2brd)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-03-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
Ride Burton Feelgood with Drake bindings and Northwave boots...