Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
i have a little brother he rides at about 15mph and hes 5 years old so he just jumps when hes comming out of the wake not in because i have him on like a 70ft rope i was wondering if i should shorten the rope next year (broke his arm and is out for rest of season) because he says he wants to jump the wake but i dont really know if anyone could give me advice on how to "train" him that would be nice i think hes guna be pretty good because he can allready do a 180.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-22-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
Speed up to 17 or 18 and bring the rope in to 55' or 60' LF.
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
when do kids usually start competitions??
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-22-2007, 7:49 PM Reply   
now
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
really wow ik some pros like jd webb diddnt start even wakeboarding till he was 9 but thats cool ill have to get him in some when his arm heals
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-23-2007, 12:17 AM Reply   
I see smal groms hit the water making a run, crossing the wake. small ollie, wave to the crowd. I have a friend his 6 yo daughter competed and it was the coolest thing ever. she was stoked to be out there and everyone cheering for her.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-23-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
its great that he is into wakeboarding, stress the fundamentals, make sure he can do everything toeside and switch, you can't beat fundamentals
oh, and do get the speed faster, but make sure he is comfortable with the speed, he is used to 15, so go 16, then he gets used to that, he can give you the sign to speed up or slow down

(Message edited by joeshmoe on August 23, 2007)
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-23-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
IMO, water time is the most important thing to do...
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-24-2007, 3:08 AM Reply   
I say of course bring the rope in. We always run a shorter line for beginners trying to land their first wake-wake. We do however keep the line long for those who are new and jumping 1 wake to allow them time to get their balance after their jump and before they cross the second wake. If he is ready for wake to wake then he should be training from out to in as that is what will get him across. Speed, now that is difficult for me to say as he is very young and 15 is probably cruising pretty good for him. As long as the wake is clean it should be ok but the wake gets narrower as speed goes up. He is probably so light I hope he is on a very light and small board.