Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-19-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
Anyone have any pictures/ideas of where I can mount my eq/line driver? It's on an 04 SSV. Right now it's hanging under the dash( by zip ties, lol) I need to mount it permanently somewhere I can have acess to it.

Here's a link to a decent dash picture.

www.thedreyerfamily.com/2005supra.htm
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-19-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
We have ours tucked under the right hand side of the drivers dash area. Makes it easy to adjust at any time and is out of the way. Also keeps all the wires and cables out of plain view.
Will post pics later.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-19-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
pics would help, thanks. did you have to fabricate a bracket?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-19-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
Will it fit behind the switches on the silver panel to the right of the throttle? That's where I would put it if it fits. Don't forget to run in/out RCA's to a convenient location so you can tie other boat systems together.
Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-20-2006, 5:28 AM Reply   
In my 98 SuperSport I mounted it in the same place as Kevin, under the right side of the dash near the wall. I'll try to remember to take a pic for you, but here is an old pic before I installed it:

It is now installed under the stereo in a bracket near the sidewall. I set it back a few inches so the dash would protect it from rain somewhat, and angled it up slightly toward the driver so you can read all the lettering clearly. This meant I needed a little longer bracket, so I walked around Home Depot looking for something to use for the bracket and found a 3-sided bracket of thin metal (about 2 inches wide) that I think is used to help join wooden beams together or something. Not really sure. I would prefer it was a little stiffer metal but it worked fine.

I raised my dash to expose the fiberglass underneath the stereo, marked and drilled 2 holes through the fiberglass and bracket and bolted it on where I wanted. Then marked where I would mount the EQ on the 2 legs that were hanging down and then cut off the excess leg lengths and screwed the EQ to the legs. The space between the EQ and dash makes a good place for me to keep my little SanDisk MP3 player. I usually just leave it on random and reach down to skip a song every once in a while.
Old     (dls)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-21-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
My works fine under the dash.
Eq
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-22-2006, 10:38 AM Reply   
Bid D, do you have a picture of the mount itself?
Old     (dls)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-22-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
Adam,
I don't have a picture,but it wasn't to difficult
I just used some small aluminum angle made some small "L" brackets and some alum for backing and was able to attach it to existing dash.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-22-2006, 11:05 PM Reply   
Here is a pix of mine, I am very happy with this location.