Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-27-2013, 5:26 PM Reply   
Every team rider is going HUGE!!!!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-27-2013, 7:22 PM Reply   
DAAAAANG the rooster tail on that thing is humongo ..............not to mention the size of the wake
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-27-2013, 7:30 PM Reply   
I'm excited to see this! Hopefully it has some reversible seating and a walkthrough and is under 100k! To bad it won't have a PCM...
Old     (rossolson)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-27-2013, 8:13 PM Reply   
Let me guess, another game changer for 2013. Hope it surfs too.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-27-2013, 9:30 PM Reply   
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380342599.426843.jpg
Views: 5695
Size:  35.3 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380342627.838062.jpg
Views: 5668
Size:  24.2 KB
Holy rooster tail.
Attached Images

Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-28-2013, 7:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
I'm excited to see this! Hopefully it has some reversible seating and a walkthrough and is under 100k! To bad it won't have a PCM...
Oh and how about a better/nicer tower than the old tired forward swooping, reminds me of the BU towers from 8 like yrs ago!!!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-28-2013, 8:38 AM Reply   
What Malibu tower ever made resembles an Alpha Z tower? I can't picture one that looks like it.

I don't see it. Here is a 2005 Malibu so 8 or 9 years old depending on how you look at it.

Other than being solid towers they are way different. Tige bends back to make the "Z" and the Malibu has that removable tube at the top. I like both towers and they both are super solid, but they aren't alike. Malibu is taller also which is nice.
Attached Images

Last edited by boardman74; 09-28-2013 at 8:43 AM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-28-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
Sometimes old is proven and solid! New designs are hit and miss. Or break and loosen.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-28-2013, 7:05 PM Reply   
Acr acr acr acr
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-30-2013, 2:04 AM Reply   
oh, it will surf...
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-30-2013, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
What Malibu tower ever made resembles an Alpha Z tower? I can't picture one that looks like it.

I don't see it. Here is a 2005 Malibu so 8 or 9 years old depending on how you look at it.

Other than being solid towers they are way different. Tige bends back to make the "Z" and the Malibu has that removable tube at the top. I like both towers and they both are super solid, but they aren't alike. Malibu is taller also which is nice.
I'd say they look pretty damn close. Considering they even used the same manufacturer for a few years I know there is some similarity.
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-30-2013, 9:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
oh, it will surf...
Robert you taking this to the polar bear after my wake?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-30-2013, 9:38 AM Reply   
Its a thought, but they are so close together, I don't think so, not sure.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       09-30-2013, 9:52 AM Reply   
stoked for these brands to all be pushing each other and putting out new product, but since when did a rider going huge give a boat its credibility? If that's the case, my 99 Nautique 210 is just as legit as this new Tige. Let's be real, Dean can go huge behind anything and Daniel Watkins has been landing double back rolls off double ups for a decade (pre G series, new tige, or any other flagship boat). I'm not knocking Tige I just think it's funny how people are like oh Tige team riders are going huge off this new model lol. They were going huge off previous Tige models so it's somewhat irrelevant IMO.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-30-2013, 9:56 AM Reply   
^^^ What Dave said. And of course it's too early to tell but the shots of the wake thus far are not mind blowing or anything, kinda look like a typical Tige. I'm sure in a couple days there will be more to debate.
Old     (ridemarktwain)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-30-2013, 2:10 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...JuHxvegsU#t=75

The wake looks solid. Definatly the biggest Tige wake I've ever seen.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-30-2013, 3:31 PM Reply   
that wake looks solid, it's cool to finally see some footage with Rathy.

As for the wake vs. G vs X-Star vs Bu, to me it seems all preferential. My cousins have ridden behind the G23 and werent blown away as they prefer the 210 wake or the mxz22. on the flip side I know some people who swear by the G23 wake over the Bu's, X-star, 210's etc.

Bottom line: some like blondes, some like brunettes, some like small boobs, but most like big boobs.

Last edited by goride; 09-30-2013 at 3:37 PM. Reason: .
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-30-2013, 3:36 PM Reply   
By comparing the G23 wake and the new Tige boat wake you can instantly tell someone copied a hull design.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-30-2013, 4:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHawk101 View Post
By comparing the G23 wake and the new Tige boat wake you can instantly tell someone copied a hull design.
Umm... what? People have compared the new A24 to the G23... the A24 looks like an Axis to me...

Some of those guys were getting 9' of air in those clips. Even more in some shots.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-30-2013, 4:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
You think Nautique copied Tige?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-30-2013, 5:04 PM Reply   
You can tell that how?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-30-2013, 6:33 PM Reply   
Do tell James because I couldn't instantly tell from those short clips. Did a pro rider tell you that before or after they told you about the 10 foot airs you were boosting?? Aren't you like 14? They teaching fluid technology and dynamics in middle school now? If Tige was smart they would have copied the G23!!
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-01-2013, 11:35 AM Reply   
True about the Axis. I have heard that wake is comparable to a G23. The only reason I say that is, I heard before the release of the new Tige that some other brands had bought G23's to find out how it was made, hull shape, etc.. But hey I could be wrong, I have been before.
Old     (jamesruberti)      Join Date: Nov 2012       10-01-2013, 12:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Do tell James because I couldn't instantly tell from those short clips. Did a pro rider tell you that before or after they told you about the 10 foot airs you were boosting?? Aren't you like 14? They teaching fluid technology and dynamics in middle school now? If Tige was smart they would have copied the G23!!
Hey man relax. Your a tige owner and he is a nautique owner. You guys are obviously gonna defend your personal boat brands. And stop trying to start an argument with a kid who is like 20 years younger than you
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-01-2013, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
True about the Axis. I have heard that wake is comparable to a G23. The only reason I say that is, I heard before the release of the new Tige that some other brands had bought G23's to find out how it was made, hull shape, etc.. But hey I could be wrong, I have been before.
Maybe all these videos are behind the G23 that they bought
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-01-2013, 6:55 PM Reply   
@James 2...I am completely calm. I just asked a simple question and referenced an old thread. Sounds like you might me the one with a bit of aggression and irritation. I was just curious how he could know that was a copy of the G23 hull by a few quick shots. I have been wakeboarding since 1996 and around inboards over 30 years and I have no clue how the wake is by those short clips. We all know how big you can make a wake look with camera angles.

I was just curious what characteristics James saw in those few short seconds and obviously indulging camera angles that "instantly" he knew Tige had copied the G23. Its a legitimate question. I have said it before I love the G23 and if money grew on trees or I won the lottery I would for sure own one. I made no comment that implied brand loyalty to Tige. Matter of fact, I believe my comment was.."If Tige was smart they would have copied the G23"!! That wasn't talking crap...I was serious. Currently I don't own any boat. But last year I owned a Tige. Year before that a Pro am Skier. Before that a Mastercraft, Nautique, SKi Challenger, Malibu and I could go on. I happened to own a Tige because I like the dealer and he takes care of me. If he changed the sign out front to Malibu or nautique...I wouldn't own a Tige! But until then I will probably own a Tige. But as for being a chest beating brand pimp..I'll save that for someone else.

Last edited by boardman74; 10-01-2013 at 6:59 PM.
Old     (BlazeSr)      Join Date: Dec 2012       10-01-2013, 9:10 PM Reply   
Where is the unveil actually taking place? How long do we think the footage will be?
Old     (fic)      Join Date: May 2008       10-02-2013, 2:28 AM Reply   
I difinitly think James is correct about the hull copying , at the boat show I did some measureing and the G23 is just like a Convex V with a trim plate!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-02-2013, 3:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fic View Post
I difinitly think James is correct about the hull copying , at the boat show I did some measureing and the G23 is just like a Convex V with a trim plate!
Yea I noticed that about NCRS but c'mon there's so much ish going on under that hull you can't really say they "copied" tige. Though I wonder if they're paying royalties for that system

Hey if you look at the chines of an xstar they look pretty 210/220/230 to me...must have copied.
Old     (Kjkimball)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-02-2013, 4:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeSr View Post
Where is the unveil actually taking place? How long do we think the footage will be?
Tige dealer meeting in Reno.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-02-2013, 6:29 AM Reply   
When will pics be posted online today?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-02-2013, 6:58 AM Reply   
The reveal will be streamed live at around 8pm tonight. Check tige.com to watch it live.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-02-2013, 7:34 AM Reply   
At one point I heard this boat was going to be towing the Tigé My Wake Tournament this weekend.
http://mywake.tige.com/ I am not sure if that still stands though.

Here is the info for the stream too.
Attached Images

Old     (BlazeSr)      Join Date: Dec 2012       10-02-2013, 8:55 AM Reply   
I'm not on Facebook but I just heard there are a few pics from tige page. Can someone post up!!!
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-02-2013, 9:33 AM Reply   
I looked but didn't see any
Old     (BlazeSr)      Join Date: Dec 2012       10-02-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-02-2013, 12:15 PM Reply   
Yep it's massive
Old    SMDFSRK            10-02-2013, 3:54 PM Reply   
I'm speaking from experience and what I am about to post is really going to irritate some people on this board. I just can't take it anymore. A certain group of people here (and elsewhere) need to understand that their beloved Tige is not infallible and it's OK to admit the brand has issues. I believe it's only fair that someone is expressing the Tige issues in order to allow potential buyers the benefit of full disclosure.

#1 Their quality control is questionable at best. Of course their customer service "takes care of their customers." If they didn't they'd be out of business. I feel bad for those guys and gals who have to deal with the amount of QC issues that come across their desk. (CONVEX VX ring a bell?)

#2 The hulls have in my mind, a lot more imperfections than other manufacturers I'm familiar with. (remember those original Z3 chines some poor early buyers got?) I'd like to say you get what you pay for, but if I'm payin 50, 60, 100k for a boat I should get a lot better. Look down the outside of the hull, see the imperfections the waviness in the glass for lack of better term? That there is another sign of poor QC IMO. (Too much moisture in the air, too high or low temperatures, poorly maintained molds. It's hard to say exactly )Look closer you may even find some gel coat that has been patched in and the color is off. How bout your swim platform? Does it seem off level at all? I'd double check that.

#3 Their vinyl graphics are for a lack of a better term, crap. I never met a Tige that the graphics haven't had to be replaced on at least once.

#4 The TAPS system. If I were a new Tige buyer I'd order a TAPS ram right along with my boat so I don't inevitably ruin a perfectly good weekend. May as well toss in a switch for the handle while you're at it just in case.

I could go on but you get my point.

Someone will soon be barking about every brand having it's issues, and while that is definitely true, I'm voicing my opinion on Tige because people deserve to know the truth rather than get slammed each time they mention an issue with this manufacturer by the hardcore shills for this brand on this board and others. Or as I see in one persons case, his dealer. Do a quick search on the interwebs of your dealer. The BBB is a good place to start.

To sum it up. Sharp looking boats. They handle quite well. They're EXTREMELY comfortable and "safe feeling" though that's not really my thing. I don't care to be up to my neck at the gunnel. They do ride a little rougher than you'd expect. That can be compensated for with the TAPS and adding some weight to the bow ballast on a real choppy day. The customer service department is wonderful to work with. Poor QC. Fantastic ideas. Bad execution of those ideas. (Really, you had Wake9 guys boat dialed in with that Convex butt flap yet you got it wrong for EVERYONE ELSE?) How convenient for those customers.

Would I buy a Tige knowing what I know? No. Would I recommend them to someone else? Maybe, but it comes with a few caveats. If getting a boat that does a lot of things good but not one thing GREAT, (It surfs really good), it's all about price, and you're understanding that warranty issues are going to be a hassle for the first year or two, then yes I'd recommend it. As long as all those things are understood you could argue you're getting a good value. Just make sure you've got a good service department at the dealership to take care of you. Not that warranty claims are an issue, the guys at Tige expect it.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-02-2013, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdfsrk View Post
i'm speaking from experience and what i am about to post is really going to irritate some people on this board. I just can't take it anymore. A certain group of people here (and elsewhere) need to understand that their beloved tige is not infallible and it's ok to admit the brand has issues. I believe it's only fair that someone is expressing the tige issues in order to allow potential buyers the benefit of full disclosure.

#1 their quality control is questionable at best. Of course their customer service "takes care of their customers." if they didn't they'd be out of business. I feel bad for those guys and gals who have to deal with the amount of qc issues that come across their desk. (convex vx ring a bell?)

#2 the hulls have in my mind, a lot more imperfections than other manufacturers i'm familiar with. (remember those original z3 chines some poor early buyers got?) i'd like to say you get what you pay for, but if i'm payin 50, 60, 100k for a boat i should get a lot better. Look down the outside of the hull, see the imperfections the waviness in the glass for lack of better term? That there is another sign of poor qc imo. (too much moisture in the air, too high or low temperatures, poorly maintained molds. It's hard to say exactly )look closer you may even find some gel coat that has been patched in and the color is off. How bout your swim platform? Does it seem off level at all? I'd double check that.

#3 their vinyl graphics are for a lack of a better term, crap. I never met a tige that the graphics haven't had to be replaced on at least once.

#4 the taps system. If i were a new tige buyer i'd order a taps ram right along with my boat so i don't inevitably ruin a perfectly good weekend. May as well toss in a switch for the handle while you're at it just in case.

I could go on but you get my point.

Someone will soon be barking about every brand having it's issues, and while that is definitely true, i'm voicing my opinion on tige because people deserve to know the truth rather than get slammed each time they mention an issue with this manufacturer by the hardcore shills for this brand on this board and others. Or as i see in one persons case, his dealer. Do a quick search on the interwebs of your dealer. The bbb is a good place to start.

To sum it up. Sharp looking boats. They handle quite well. They're extremely comfortable and "safe feeling" though that's not really my thing. I don't care to be up to my neck at the gunnel. They do ride a little rougher than you'd expect. That can be compensated for with the taps and adding some weight to the bow ballast on a real choppy day. The customer service department is wonderful to work with. Poor qc. Fantastic ideas. Bad execution of those ideas. (really, you had wake9 guys boat dialed in with that convex butt flap yet you got it wrong for everyone else?) how convenient for those customers.

Would i buy a tige knowing what i know? No. Would i recommend them to someone else? Maybe, but it comes with a few caveats. If getting a boat that does a lot of things good but not one thing great, (it surfs really good), it's all about price, and you're understanding that warranty issues are going to be a hassle for the first year or two, then yes i'd recommend it. As long as all those things are understood you could argue you're getting a good value. Just make sure you've got a good service department at the dealership to take care of you. Not that warranty claims are an issue, the guys at tige expect it.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380755548.400806.jpg
Views: 3575
Size:  59.4 KB
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-02-2013, 4:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDFSRK View Post

Would I buy a Tige knowing what I know? No.
In a heart beat! Now bring on the new boat!!!!!

Oh, awesome anonymous post, by the way.
Old    SMDFSRK            10-02-2013, 5:54 PM Reply   
I'm Bill, from Dover. Feel better? Mike you're one of THE biggest Tige honks. Which is fine. If I'm not mistaken you have an older model. All of your warranty issues have been handled. You know what to expect next time. I hope you buy one of those "G23 Killers" then you can talk yourself into accepting mediocrity and poor construction quality followed by a year or 2 of endless quality control issues.

In quotes because those are the words that came out of the sales reps mouth at Surf Expo. I about choked on my free beer when that came out of his mouth. Tige will NEVER have the fit and finish of a Nautique and EVEN if they somehow managed, they'd never consistently get that buyer in that market. I'm not a Nautique guy, I'm just not naive enough to buy that load.

Last edited by SMDFSRK; 10-02-2013 at 5:58 PM.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       10-02-2013, 6:04 PM Reply   
Its getting good early!!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-02-2013, 6:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Mike you're one of THE biggest Tige honks. .
Now I fell better

Now being on this damn new boat!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-02-2013, 6:26 PM Reply   
Wow i've owned two Tige's and the first has well over 600 hours. My current Tige has almost 350 hours.First Tige had a bilge pump go bad and a dead battery. To me that's nothing. Current Tige hasn't had anything fail. I know at least 10 other Tige owners at my home lake and only one has had issues.It was a PCM closed cooling issue that affected all PCM'S no matter which brand they were in. Sorry but i don't know you Bill from Dover.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-02-2013, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
. Sorry but i don't know you Bill from Dover.
Since he wont he buying a Tige, I guess we wont be bumping into him at a Tige owners event
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       10-02-2013, 7:09 PM Reply   
Ok, honestly, where does all this hate for Tige come from? Was there some sort of Lon thread a few years ago I missed that made claims that Tige is a higher quality boat than Nautique? I bought my boat for the value/family use aspect and I'm very happy with it. It was a tremendous step up from my Bayliner and it throws wakes that all my friends are happy with, and none of us are close to pro level in any stretch of the imagination, we just like to have a good time on the water. I can tell you this Tige has been very reliable but so was my Bayliner. I think Nautique makes beautiful boats as well, and so does just about any boat manufacturer. I'd rather have a 12' John boat than no boat at all, so where does this hate for other boat brands come from?
Old    SMDFSRK            10-02-2013, 7:11 PM Reply   
None of them bought the Convex VX Bob? None of them had the grab handles from 2 or 3 years ago corrode and peel and have to replace every single one of them? Those ****ty board racks they put on from factory never gave anyone troubles? I digress. I guess if you've never had a steak you don't know what a good steak should taste like. Reminds me of all the Bayliner buyers years ago buying those things with the Force OB's on em. If all THOSE people have one they HAVE to be GREAT!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-02-2013, 7:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
None of them bought the Convex VX Bob? None of them had the grab handles from 2 or 3 years ago corrode and peel and have to replace every single one of them? Those ****ty board racks they put on from factory never gave anyone troubles? I digress. I guess if you've never had a steak you don't know what a good steak should taste like. Reminds me of all the Bayliner buyers years ago buying those things with the Force OB's on em. If all THOSE people have one they HAVE to be GREAT!
840 hours and taps hasn't even hinted at dying and we've never even serviced it... Then again, I am sure Bennett trim tabs somewhere in the world have failed...

Tige got a bad rap late 90s with questionable quality and wakes and big marketing. Again they shot themselves in the foot marketing "taps makes it so you don't need ballast". Quality back then wasn't the best, but then again our family has a 99 and I know of people with 2000 Nautiques that are replacing their interior, ours is shot too, but I digress...

I like our Tige. It does an adequate job and throws a great surf wake for a DD. If I had the coin, I would consider a new RZR. Personally, my next boat will likely be a Bu or a Nautique as they are my wake preference...
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-02-2013, 7:26 PM Reply   
And the g23 has the propellers falling off, and they are keeping it super quiet....not wanting to admit that the maybe should have sized up the shaft and did so on the 2014.

I cant really comment on tige. But i can tell you that my 2006 larson was every bit as good as my 2008 nautique for fit, finish, quality. ok, well the wake is better on the nautique...but that is beside the point.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-02-2013, 7:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Bill i sold my Nautique to get my first Tige .Another Tige owner at the lake sold his Mastercraft to get his new Tige. Another Tige owner sold his Montery to get his first Tige. Many owners of other make wake boats complain of warranty issues to.You "hate mail" is coming across as sour grapes trying to get your point across to satisfied owners.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-02-2013, 7:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
And the g23 has the propellers falling off, and they are keeping it super quiet....not wanting to admit that the maybe should have sized up the shaft and did so on the 2014.

I cant really comment on tige. But i can tell you that my 2006 larson was every bit as good as my 2008 nautique for fit, finish, quality. ok, well the wake is better on the nautique...but that is beside the point.
Prove it
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-02-2013, 7:53 PM Reply   
Dude, we are on the internet. I don't have to prove anything. I have a nautique and it aint nothing special.

I know, anything you don't want to believe you say, "Prove it." You are brilliant. Everyone's a liar except you.

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...propeller+fell

Last edited by scottb7; 10-02-2013 at 7:58 PM.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-02-2013, 7:59 PM Reply   
Scott your smoking crack comparing your Larson to your Nautique!!!! That's down right dumb. Guessing your Nautique you bought for a steal was abused by its previous owner or something because you sure seem to tell everyone how much it sucks everytime you get. And I can only speak for Nautique on warranty and can say it's top freaking notch! I had one small issue so far and the factory offered to ma me the part direct to fix or said I can take to dealer it was my choice! And that is a 4 yrs an 380hrs. I still got a yr left on it.

I to am interested in what Tige has but can say it will need to be better and 20k cheaper than a g to compete....
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-02-2013, 8:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
Dude, we are on the internet. I don't have to prove anything. I have a nautique and it aint nothing special.

I know, anything you don't want to believe you say, "Prove it." You are brilliant. Everyone's a liar except you.

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...propeller+fell
Thank you. I hadn't seen that before. I had been trying to keep up on the prop shaft "issue" but didn't actually run into a thread here, or that one on PN that stated the change for 2014. Your post was the first I had heard of it and there was always hearsay bs talk of the propshafts being too thin.

I still wonder if thats the actual issue, but Nautique obviously figures that its the way to solve the problem, so be it.
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       10-02-2013, 8:03 PM Reply   
So Bill from dover, unless I own a Nautique I don't know what a real boat is like? Did I say my tige is better than yours? No, I'm satisfied with the performance, reliability and price of my boat, and I'm a good person and I don't look down on other boaters no matter what they have so I just feel sorry for you that you have a snobbish view of other boats and that you make all of us boaters as a whole look like uppity snobs.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-02-2013, 8:04 PM Reply   
Ron, You are right. Every time I hear people like you drinking the nautique kool-aid I figure I better balance things out with my honest opinion. And now that you mention it my dealer had to actually fight with nautique for weeks to get them to honor the warranty.

I am dumb huh. I least i gave up kool-aid and grew my own balls when i grew up.

And those bungee cord board racks are sooooo innovative. why don't you tell us how great they are?
Attached Images

Last edited by scottb7; 10-02-2013 at 8:10 PM.
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-02-2013, 8:10 PM Reply   
every one please shut up and just trade in your boats and buy a MB
Old    SMDFSRK            10-02-2013, 8:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
ITige will NEVER have the fit and finish of a Nautique and EVEN if they somehow managed, they'd never consistently get that buyer in that market. I'm not a Nautique guy, I'm just not naive enough to buy that load.
Brian, you're one of those guys I mentioned in my original post. Getting all defensive and butt hurt because I am pointing out the your beloved Tige is not infallible. This is W.W. not T.O. Where people are allowed to post the Pro's AND Con's about whichever brand of boat they wish. Right now I wish to point out the FACTS of my experience with Tige.
Old     (Khyber)      Join Date: Mar 2013       10-02-2013, 8:15 PM Reply   
Happy that Tige finally got pro riders to sponsor, but wish they would update the graphics and tower.
Old    SMDFSRK            10-02-2013, 8:20 PM Reply   
LoL! The big reveal feed just crashed! LMAO! #cartbeforethehorse
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-02-2013, 8:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
LoL! The big reveal feed just crashed! LMAO! #cartbeforethehorse
Lol, audio violation... Come on guys...............
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-02-2013, 8:22 PM Reply   
Live now!
Old     (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       10-02-2013, 8:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICAH_HARPER View Post
every one please shut up and just trade in your boats and buy a MB
now thats funny
Old    SMDFSRK            10-02-2013, 8:25 PM Reply   
Can't even get this right. This is too good.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-02-2013, 8:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Can't even get this right. This is too good.
If we have to watch dealers eat and drink for an hour... I am gonna be pissed
Old    SMDFSRK            10-02-2013, 8:30 PM Reply   
LOL, this just sums it up doesn't it? I mean really. GREAT IDEA = Live feed for the unveil! Poor Execution = Copyright violation.
Old     (Khyber)      Join Date: Mar 2013       10-02-2013, 8:31 PM Reply   
This unveil is too slow. I am rooting for Tige to put something great out there, but this is way too slow of an unveil
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-02-2013, 8:32 PM Reply   
i think i'm about to #bethewitness of another gimicky overhyped product release, nonetheless i'm watching, waiting and hope to be proved wrong.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-02-2013, 8:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
i think i'm about to #bethewitness of another gimicky overhyped product release, nonetheless i'm watching, waiting and hope to be proved wrong.
I'm about to go to bed and read about it in the morning
Old    SMDFSRK            10-02-2013, 8:36 PM Reply   
I wish I could. Damn day off naps got me all screwed up. This is one huge cluster f if there ever was one. I don't know about you but I expected this boat to be unveiled when the clock hit 00 00 00. Not 00 00 00 and watch a bunch of people mill around and eat food.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-02-2013, 8:40 PM Reply   
They should have had Gallagher perform
Old    SMDFSRK            10-02-2013, 8:42 PM Reply   
The hyperbole is at its penultimate. "Another lifetime of dominance" ooooooohhhh K....
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-02-2013, 8:42 PM Reply   
40 minutes of my life watching people eat and drink... Great new product launch!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       10-02-2013, 8:48 PM Reply   
Was it just me or when he introduced Scotty broome - he was riding a G23?
Old     (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       10-02-2013, 8:49 PM Reply   
next they are going to announce every dealer in the crowd for their support
Old    SMDFSRK            10-02-2013, 8:50 PM Reply   
And the janitor
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-02-2013, 8:54 PM Reply   
There blowing something. Not minds tho. Maybe goats.
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       10-02-2013, 9:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Brian, you're one of those guys I mentioned in my original post. Getting all defensive and butt hurt because I am pointing out the your beloved Tige is not infallible. This is W.W. not T.O. Where people are allowed to post the Pro's AND Con's about whichever brand of boat they wish. Right now I wish to point out the FACTS of my experience with Tige.
I'm all about posting honest reviews, did you read any of my posts about when I picked up my boat from the dealer and had dead batteries and they closed for the weekend and I had to buy one on my own dime to get out on my first weekend with the boat? The cooler draining problems? But I haven't had any of the problems people had on the 2013. I really hate my trailer, and I've started and commented on that plenty on TO. My point is that this thread is about sharing the stoke for a new model, and nobody asked for recent experiences or problem reviews on their current models, this is about a new model, and the feed is running great on my iPad.
Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-02-2013, 9:22 PM Reply   
wow, reading some of these posts above, almost seems like you guys are payed to bash on tige..... oh wait, some of you are....

The new boat looks amazing, nice job Tige! If its not insanely priced, I might actually consider buying one. The surf/wake locker in the back is an amazing feature.

Here is a pic of the back, it does remind me of a G23 a little bit, but that is a good thing!

Last edited by kronoss; 10-02-2013 at 9:26 PM.
Old    SMDFSRK            10-02-2013, 9:24 PM Reply   
I'm not blown away. It has some nice features and a bonkers stereo system in it. I don't care for the interior but hard to tell just seeing it on the web.