Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-01-2011, 5:49 PM Reply   
Well I spent a lot of time at Nationals this week. Although do to some issues beyond my control I was not riding, I really did enjoy the event. I have been watching Pro wake events and water-ski events in MN since I was 10 years old, to put that in perspective 22 years. Since the days of the 3-event weekends. I have to say that this venue was by far the best for the spectator, great viewing everywhere. You could watch a full pull in clear view. By comparison to some venues in MN it was perfect. In fact you could walk up to the Broadway Bridge and see the whole run from a really sick vue. The first trick was being thrown right after the rider went under the Bridge; it was almost a helicopterish vue.

That said, what was not so perfect was the water conditions. I know everyone was complaining about it I talked to a ton of people who road and they all had the same thoughts, horrible water. The current was flowing fast due to the crazy winter and the insane amount of rain we have had in MN this summer. Typically river is no where near this intense. I have seen other contests all over that have had issues with boat traffic or a weekend event that is simply blown out. Any one how rides or has ridden on a river knows they can really be miles of glass or blown out. I hope that the fact that the current was so strong does not spoke the power that be to not have any more contests in MN. I have been in contest on the river and this year was an oddity due to the weather. But if you watched the contest you know that Harley had no issues with the current, he crushed in finals! One of the hardest runs I have seen all year.

So over all it was a great event, it was super fun.

Anyway I just thought I would post my thoughts on the contest, I would love to hear from others there and people that rode. I would love to see the nationals or a Pro Tour stop back in MN next year.