Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       03-29-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
I have been using this about 1 week and I like it much better than Aperture 2. A2 was always a bit cumbersome. A3 is almost as easy to use as iPhoto and has a lot more features. I doubt I will ever use most of them though (I never used "faces" and other stuff in iPhoto).

I was also pleasantly surprised to see A3 seamlessly works with my Nik Software plug-ins I had used on A2. I use the hell out of Nik Software Silver and Color EFX and no problems with A3.

Overall, I think I am pleased. I am still on my free trial of A3 but think I will make the switch. I used to use iPhoto then import select photos into A2 for advanced editing. I was hoping I could use A3 for everything and I think it is very doable.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-29-2010, 3:32 PM Reply   
Well I was hoping for a "layers" type feature, and while brushes isn't exactly that it does pretty much everything I need it to do. Seems faster as well now that they've updated it twice. And finally a conventional curves tool as well. Has NIK updated their SW to work with the 64 bit mode?
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       03-30-2010, 6:37 AM Reply   
Rich- you are getting a little technical for me about the 64 bit stuff. I am using A3 with a Mac Book Pro and the Nik software I used with A2 still works (although I don't think the software has been updated for A3 since there is no mention of A3 on Nik's web site). It works exactly the same as it did in A2. Hope that helps. I don't get into layers like in photoshop- too complicated so A3 will work for me. If I want to combine exposures of something I use Bracketeer which is a very simple and effective program. For portait stuff I am using Portait Professional which is very good and saves a ton of time. Photoshop is too overwhelming IMO.