Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-18-2012, 3:05 AM Reply   
So I am a bit behind but catching up. My photo library is about 1 Terabyte in size doing an upgrade killed it and it took me almost a week to restore and organize to make sure it wouldn't happen again.

Last weekend the Z3 played chase duty because it was a special day on Lake Oroville, especially for the Harringtons. Rob and Janelle Harrington came to the last 2 polar bear events and have been demoing boards and boats and really becoming a major part of our local wakesurf community, and also becoming great friends. Its funny, because if I remember right, we met them on the dock one day when they recognized us from videos and asked a few questions. They were struggling with their wake and I could see needed some big help in the board department. So we lent them a couple of boards and just told them to drop back off in our slip when they were done, they seemed trustworthy enough. It was a good call, because Rob and Janelle were an incredible help at the West Coast Wakesurf Open and its so cool to see our local wakesurf community grow. And hey, they didn't get scared and run away when we introduced them to Frank, so they fit in great. ;-)

So on to their new 2012 Supreme V226, California Marine Sports was able to get them a great deal and they are ecstatic. The 226 makes a great wake and on both sides. That is VERY important to them because Rob is regular footed and Janelle is goofy and I can't tell you which one of them loves to wakesurf more. They are both equally excited and love to wakesurf. I know that Rob would get giddy when Janelle would tell him "we need to go test those boats so we can have our own". He would giggle like a school girl. They have had a great time behind our Z3 but the Z3 is a bit out of their price range and the 226 is a great value. I told them what I tell anyone looking for a great wakesurf boat, the 226 is a world class wake, but make sure you get it from a great dealer like Grant from CMS that will stand behind the boat and fight for you if anything goes wrong. So anyway, we got some great pictures of the boat and the wake on that day, check em out.

I love this one because R&J were representing, pretty cool.

IMG_5535 by wake9, on Flickr

At wake9, our ritual is to get out past the 5mph, and pull over this spot just past the bridge and get out and get wet. Every time I do it, I come up from my dive in and my head comes out of the water and I am no longer thinking about work, or stuff, just having fun with my family. Something about the water, you know? So this picture is us doing just that and also commentary on the fact that many of spend way too much money on what spends a lot of time as a really expensive diving board for our kids.

IMG_5564 by wake9, on Flickr

RJ got right to it with a new 4'9" The Walker Project Bomb Pop. (More on the Bomb Pop later)

IMG_5626 by wake9, on Flickr

Here is a great one where you can see the length and attitude of the boat.

IMG_5739 by wake9, on Flickr

RJ has ridden the 226 before, but this is the first time that we were out and he could adjust and tell the driver to make changes and really get comfortable. At first he felt the lip was soft and he just couldn't get the air he wanted. He was able to adjust weight and speed and he got the wake to a place where he really liked it. RJ has blogged on it on our site but basically his thoughts are that he can't launch as well, but can land better. The 226 makes a great wake/transition for landing, and is superb for coming down but likes the shape and lip on the RZ2/Z3 when it comes to launching and getting higher. This is a complete subjective preference of course, demo them all by someone that knows how to weight them, and see what you think. That said, he still got great air, but just not quite what he normally gets.

IMG_5743 by wake9, on Flickr

Dennis got out and did his thing on the same 4'9" Bomb Pop that RJ rode, that board is fast, versatile, very forgiving, and has a LOT of pop to get you in the air. Dennis can ride this board almost as far back as his big yellow goofy board.

IMG_5840 by wake9, on Flickr

Here is Janelle setting up for a gun show. She got a lot out of her clinic with Sean Cummings. You can always tell a Cumming's student when they throw the gun show. That is the smile of a new boat owner enjoying a great day wakesurfing with family and friends.

IMG_5878 by wake9, on Flickr

I caught Janelle taking a breather between runs.

IMG_5958 by wake9, on Flickr

This could be a brochure shot.

IMG_5963 by wake9, on Flickr

Nothing like a kid to make a wake look good. They don't destroy it and their size makes it look huge. Jessica gave her signature of approval.

IMG_6427 by wake9, on Flickr

This is when RJ had them speed up to 11.6-11.8. The wake was much longer, and he liked the lip much better. These next 2 pictures are about the best wake pictures I got, and maybe have seen.

IMG_6548 by wake9, on Flickr

This is RJ on the 4'5" 2012 TWP Signature model. It is identical to the bomb pop, only it has the traditional signature tail, where the bomb pop has a wider tail, otherwise identical. RJ felt the signature and the bomb pop were both as fast or faster than the original flyboy and yet, more forgiving. RJ actually purposely tried to overweight the front of the board on the 4'5" signature to pearl it, and it didn't go down. We both suspected that that the 4'9 sig and bomb pop would be better for him to ride with his wide stance, but he had no problem nose diving on the 4'5" signature. I compare to the original flyboy because the flyboy and these boards are both evolutions from same TWP signature.

IMG_6565 by wake9, on Flickr

Rob's turn. In most groups the boat is regular all day and then goes goofy, but in our group its the opposite. Rob is a true host and makes sure everyone gets a great ride first. If you ever get a chance to ride with the Harringtons, go for it, they are going to take care of you. And tell them ahead of time to bring the chicken.

IMG_6666 by wake9, on Flickr

You can't tell, but Rob is very animated and I call him "Yee-hah" Rob because when he gets out and surfs he is always screaming "Yee-hah" or yelling "this is so much fun". He yelled a bit louder, and smiled a bit more this day, because he was riding HIS boat.

IMG_6686 by wake9, on Flickr

continued ...