Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (deminimis)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-31-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
I've searched, but couldn't find anything here on weighting a pickle fork X. I only have the stock (KGB) ballast tanks. I'm goofy, so filling the starboard and center (playing with half and full center). Wake is a mess. Not enough push to go ropeless. Any tips on dialing-in my boat would be greatly appreciated (Sac in the rear locker, etc.). I do not have any pics of the wake. Thanks!
Old     (deminimis)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-03-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
Nevermind. From what I can find, trying to get a decent wake on starboard from a X-Star is near impossible. I'll just ride regular and see how a pair of V-drive sacs do.
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-05-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
portside with an extra 500 in the locker...full ballast on that side and another 100 in the bow along that side...it sets up niceUpload
Old     (deminimis)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-08-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
Thanks! Extra sacs arrive this week, so will give it a go this weekend.
Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-20-2009, 2:20 AM Reply   
I have the fly-high system in my x-star which is also an 04. the best i've found and unfortinetly i don't have a picture but max weight in port side locker so hard sack and fly-high sack full. fill the starboard hard sack, then fill front hard sack plus half the front fly-high sacks. then take and get another 750lbs sack and throw that on the port side seat with your spectator on that side and take the swim deck off the back and you'll have a beautiful wake.

again sorry i don't have a pic nor can i get one soon as i'm in iraq right now and my boat is on X-Star is on blocks till next summer. but thats the best way to roll. however the biggest improvement is pulling off the swim deck. once that ain't in the water the wake gets better.

Also mastercraft for 2010 is going to be using surf tabs. now i no i can't afford to trade in on a 2010. so i've been in touch with my local mastercraft dealer trying to find out if the back of my hull will support them and how much there going to cost me to get. also want to see how much improvement they make. so contact your dealer and see about adding those. might be worth the money. hopefully that helps