Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wswb4lfe)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-17-2013, 2:05 PM Reply   
I have a very big dilemma. I've been riding since i was 10 (19 now) and have loved it so much. I've competed in the past but now just freeride. My problem is that I'm going to school at the University of Arizona, and there is no chance of riding around here. My home lake is 3 hours away and that isn't reasonable to drive that far. Out of state college is too pricey because i'd rather save the money for med school. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding how i can ride somehow?? Or am I stuck waiting until summer?
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       10-17-2013, 2:53 PM Reply   
Hit up the find a third section here. There is always someone wanting to ride who needs a crew member. Even more so when the weather starts cooling down and the fair weather riders taper out and you still have some hardcore all season riders wanting to get out but lacking people.
A pull might be what you're looking for, but when you find someone or a crew you click with, their company and friendship is what will make everyone's riding better.
Old     (BWB745)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-17-2013, 5:11 PM Reply   
When I was in college I just grabbed a few friends and drove to our lake. Got a couple that are now pretty good drivers now and one who ended up getting a boat himself.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-17-2013, 7:06 PM Reply   
first problem, you went to UA haha.... the one large city in AZ that DOESNT have lakes around it. Unless you rock climb, or enjoy sorority girls... good luck enjoying tucson!

Love - Very Biased NAU grad.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-17-2013, 10:47 PM Reply   
second problem - you're now a wildcat. haha! ok joking aside, why couldn't ya get with ASU? or even that community college called NAU ? (haha Joe) I know a few people that live in Tucson that make the trek nearly every weekend to the "ASU territory" lakes, and I feel bad for them. there is one lake down there that sucks, it's called... patiagona I think.

hugs n kisses - ASU man

PS. Go Wake Devils!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-18-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
Isnt there a big winch scene there shredding the housing lakes?
Maybe Im thinking Phoenix..
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-18-2013, 4:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
second problem - you're now a wildcat. haha! ok joking aside, why couldn't ya get with ASU? or even that community college called NAU ? (haha Joe) I know a few people that live in Tucson that make the trek nearly every weekend to the "ASU territory" lakes, and I feel bad for them. there is one lake down there that sucks, it's called... patiagona I think.

hugs n kisses - ASU man

PS. Go Wake Devils!
hey man, Lumberjacks rule!