Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hyperliterider90)      Join Date: May 2010       06-23-2011, 12:43 PM Reply   
making an incline rail this weekend. around 20ft with composite wood on top.. how much am i looking at spending on wood? its going to be in about 4ft water
Old     (blatantblunts)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-23-2011, 1:07 PM Reply   
nice dude, im building an 8ft PVC kicker this weekend. i think im looking at my project costing around 100 bucks or so... but im planning on buying some barrels to use for flotation, so that will probably run my cost up a little bit.
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       06-23-2011, 4:13 PM Reply   
I bought at home depot 2 2by10by12 flats for the top. 4 2by4by12. And then 4 4by4ny10 pilings which were used in 5 feet of water and it total cost to about 100 dollars. Where did you get your composite wood? We looked at home depot at trex and it would of cost us 175 dollars just for the trex!!!
Old     (chillwiththebrosandkickback)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
I built a 25 ft incline 'detachable' (I call it detachable because I built it in sections which can easily be unbolted to make the rail shorter/longer) rail and looked around for scrap wood from which I made my upright supports and triangle bases, then I bought like 8 : 2x4x8 Pressure treated 2x4s and 2 : 1x12x14 composite decking pieces and some hardware and all told it was like $150.00 which was not to bad in my books for a good time on the water. I got my composite from Lowes. Beware it building with composite, the **** hurts like a mother when you fall on it. Knowing this, after I built it I also waxed it to make it a might quicker and it doesn't hurt quite as much. The key to building a rail is looking around for scrap materials or stuff you could pick up super cheap because your going to end up spending the majority of your cash on the composite and hardware.