Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wkbrdrchad)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-19-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
So now that I got my boat lift home I'm wondering if you can put the raise/lower wheel on the opposite side. Right now, if I'm facing the water the wheel is on the left side of the boat lift, but I'd really like to put my dock on the right side of the lift based on how my lake is laid out.

I have a vertical style lift, so I'm wondering if it's as simple as turning the lift 180 degrees and then rotating the canopy so that the longer part is still in front. I think I would have to also flip the bunks the boat sits on too since they over hang further in the back.

My only concern with doing that is that the wheel would be at the back of the boat instead of in the center where it is now. Would this cause problems with the wheel not lifting from where the weight is more centered? Or is there something different I can do to switch the wheel to the other side? Thanks in advance for the advice!

Here's a picture of the lift for reference...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-19-2010, 8:43 AM Reply   
You can but it is easier to loosen the canopy and slide it the way you need (its eight screws I believe on monster hose clamps)
The bunks are easy to change too.

To move the wheel you have to take it off, pull all the cable, re-mount it and re run all the cable.

Sometimes the wheel in the back makes it easier to get in/out of the boat too, depending how your boat is laid out
Old     (wkbrdrchad)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-19-2010, 8:55 AM Reply   
So there's no issue with having the wheel in the back?

I just noticed the picture didn't load, I'll try it again. And for reference, it's a 3600# Lift Master
Attached Images