Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (aroed)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-28-2009, 4:35 PM Reply   
I ride at brownwood, does anyone ride anywhere around west texas?
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-28-2009, 4:41 PM Reply   
Austin,

I used to live in San Angelo. PM me and I can set you up with some of the local riders out your way if you want. I hear Brownwood is a booming little lake. Below is a link to a West Texas Rider group out of San Angelo...it is pretty small but these are the guys that ride daily out there.

Check out this myspace link:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=377 415518"
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-28-2009, 4:42 PM Reply   
I ride at Lake Leon, do you know Tanner? I bought a new boat at Hook and Anchor in June.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-28-2009, 7:57 PM Reply   
HEY AUSTIN.....oops better take caps lock off so this thread doesnt get hijacked.....i ride in lubbock at lake allen henry and at buffalo springs lake, we have a good group of riders that go out often. I work at riptank boardshop and we try to go to tournaments like wake the desert in san angelo and our own tournament in lubbock. I haven't had the chance to ride brownwood how is it?
Old     (aroed)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-29-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
yeah i know tanner. i just got a new boat from there as well but unfortunately im out ill august with a torn acl. Justin do you know tyler sitzes of trey butler out there on leon. and ryan i went to rip tank last year but had a very poor showing it was my first tourny. but i was planning on going to go to wake the desert but my acl so im hoping to be back for rip tank. Brownwood is great i love it but i have worries that it is going to get too crowded. but for now its great.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-29-2009, 10:40 AM Reply   
Yea bro I know tyler, he rips. He is always out there when we are. Trey is Chad Clines cousin i think. My boat, the Sitzes, and Chads boat are the only wakeboarders on the lake. Everybody else is usually fishing or tubing. You should try to come to Leon and ride. It is a little lake but i love it.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-29-2009, 12:37 PM Reply   
i know a Trey butler that rides with me at texas tech on the ski team. same?
Old     (aroed)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-29-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
yeah he was roommates with my brother. same guy.
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-29-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
Austin, do you know Chad? I have only met Trey once but I have watched him ride a few times.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-29-2009, 3:34 PM Reply   
man trey dog is the haven't seen him in a while
Old     (aroed)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-29-2009, 4:49 PM Reply   
chad who?
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-29-2009, 4:55 PM Reply   
Chad Cline. (not sure if i spelt it right) He went to school where I go. Have you ever ridden Leon?
Old     (aroed)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-29-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
nope i was supposed to go hit up sitzes slider last year but i couldnt make it down i ride with him on lytle in abilene and have known him for a long time though
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-29-2009, 7:24 PM Reply   
I want to hit that thing so bad. I don't know him too well though. I just know him because he came over when I was riding with Taner.
Old     (mxjustin)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-19-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
I may be moving to Big Spring, TX soon because of work. It is around an hour and a half from San Angelo so I probably wouldn't be able to make that drive very often to ride. Do you guys know if many people ride in or near Big Spring?
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-19-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
Justin,

Most of the guys in West Texas ride on Lake Nasworthy. Most of my buddies that live in Big Springs, Odessa and Midland make the 2 hr drive every weekend. Many people don't know, but I will let you in on a little secret. The middle Concho river and Twin Buttes both located in San Angelo are good riding spots because they are not crowded. Especially the river. There is never anyone riding on it and the water is super glassy. Most people go to lake nasworthy to ride and hang out.