Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (brad24)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
As the title implies, is the upgrade from an Obrien Blunt 137 to a Liquid Force Litmus 136 worth it or are they pretty similar besides the fin setup? Should I be looking at something with more radical molded fins and stuff? I'm not very good but I can 360 and do grab 180 w2w's n stuff. . . I'm lookin to improve.

Also, has anyone ridden the Litmus (and therefore would have an opinion on it)?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-08-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
It sounds like you're looking for an upgrade and are a little unsure about what to get?

If it were me, I would hold off buying a new board and try out some other boards with differant features to figure out what you need or want. You might be surprised what you like. Then decide from there.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-08-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
I rode the Litmus the last two years and really liked it. Like kristian said though, try before you buy if you can.

If you can't, the Litmus has a little more pop than most continuous rocker boards, still lands soft and is very forgiving. I switched though because after riding the roam a lot I wanted something with less fins so I found a mold fin board (the watson) that I liked. I think it is a great intermediate to advanced board.
Old     (brad24)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
Yeah, I rode my friends 01 Hyperlite Belmont and liked it a lot for tricks but it didnt ride all that well when you weren't in the air. Is the litmus as easy to break loose from the water (to slide around for 180's) as the Belmont is? Is it a good choice though in comparison to Hyperlite's like the Temet, Belmont, or others?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-08-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
I think the litmus would be better for breaking free because of the small cupped fins on the edges. My friend from Texas rides that board, he goes huge and is throwing whirlys, dicks, 5's, raleys. Just watching him ride it, you would think its a top board. It looked pretty smooth, but thats just how he rides.
Old     (brad24)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
I think the smoothness has a lot to do with the size of it as well; smaller boards make your riding style look very choppy. My mini-pro neighbor is telling me that 136 is too big for me (5'11 126 lbs) but I'm used to a 137. . . My other friends 134 Belmont seemed kinda small though. . . almost like I was sinking it in comparison - is the 134 about right and im just used to the 137 or should I go for the 136.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-08-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
I think anything around 136-140 would be perfect. Because of your height, a big board would not effect your riding (because you can create more leverage). Tons of pros ride bigger boards yet are pretty light. Most of the pros are riding a 138 or bigger, and there are a lot of small pros out there. The only guy I know riding a small board is Tom Fooshee (the guy rides a 131).
Old     (brad24)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
Wow, thats really good to hear! I cant wait to get back out there. . . would the Litmus be good for both smaller wakes (I have a 14'5 Wahoo that my bro and I share - actually, it throws the best wake I have ever seen off a boat that small - a kid in my neighborhood was about an inch from landing a tantrum behind it) and bigger wakes (22 Angler - pretty sick) alike? Because a lot of my riding time would be behind the Wahoo so its got to be good on both big wakes and small wakes.
Old     (brad24)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-09-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
Just bought a Litmus - http://cgi.ebay.com/Liquid-Force-Litmus-136-Wakeboard_W0QQitemZ7246985934QQcategoryZ114266QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

SO SWEET!
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-09-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
Adam Fields rides a fish 125 primarily....i think he also rides the Shane 132.