Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (epicwinnipeg)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-20-2010, 6:53 AM Reply   
I lost my coated 'straight line' line to my prop last night. I wasn't stoked on the line to begin with so will not be replacing it with the same. The coating was slipping and on the verge of bunching. Is this inevitable with a coated line?

What do you use? likes and dislike? any other recommendations?

thanks!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-20-2010, 7:15 AM Reply   
Non-coated. I have never got more than a year's use out of the coated lines.

My favorite line and I have been chasing it over a decade from brand to brand is:
http://www.stearnsflotation.com/Dyne...-P1836C37.aspx
Over the course of a decade I have had 3: Hardline/Masterline-->Straightline--> Helium. They all were in perfect condition when lost or destroyed by prop. My helium is on its 4th year. I ride 200-250+ days a year.
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-20-2010, 7:15 AM Reply   
I have the accurate A-Line and find that it is amazing it coils really nice and it has three 5 foot lenghts which is really nice, I also like the lime green on it because you can see it well under the water i dont really think you can see much tho in the Red haha! check out sportsmens thats where I got my first accurate line from, Winnipeg sport and leisure probably would have them to,

PS. How are the water temperatures in the Red?? I wanna Make it up there somtime soon!!!
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-20-2010, 7:20 AM Reply   
I also just got an a line that I love. Great rope!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-20-2010, 7:22 AM Reply   
i have used many lines i like accurate lines non coated . the coated lines seem to develop a memory.the length is up to you.i like the 83' with 4 sections one 3' and 3 - 5' sections.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-20-2010, 8:45 AM Reply   
Accurate A line.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-20-2010, 8:58 AM Reply   
Accurate is a pleasure to wrap but is a little heavy IMO. My Straightline team line is really light but coils poorly and has broken in some places from a years worth of abuse. I second the A Line honestly.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-20-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
I have an accurate coated rope and I like it because it coils nice and doesn't really tangle but if I bought another I would get a non-coated. My rope only has 3- 5' sections and if you want to ride at 78ft the coated line will rip apart after one set where it wraps around the tower.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-20-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
accurate a line. (or x line) both are the same line, just different lengths. been running an A line for a year a half, and we ride all winter long as well, and no bunching, no wear, perfect shape, winds really nice as well. it was our first non stretch line, which would also make it out first coated, and im very impressed. we actually have another on order (my dad likes a bigger handle, while i like very small and we are sick of changing handles around).
im sure this is luck.. but i actually ran over the line the second day we used the line, destroyed the handle, and the line was all wrapped up in the prop about 10 times, un wrapped, inspected the line, as good as new, no nicks or anything. the coating is rock solid
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       05-20-2010, 5:29 PM Reply   
I really like my coated Proline rope. Have had it over 4 years, granted I don't ride nearly as much as others, but it coils great and haven't had a problem with it.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       05-21-2010, 4:12 AM Reply   
Absolutely coated and go with proline or accurate. same materials just a matter of colors usually.
Old     (epicwinnipeg)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-21-2010, 7:08 AM Reply   
thanks for the input!

went with a coated A line.

65+5+5+5 black on ebay with a chamois handle for 89 + 12 shipping. didn't need a new handle but it was virtually free with the line!