Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (c_boarder)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-07-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
Has any-one heard of a new Tige that has a pickle fork front? I heard they were designing one. Just wondering if this is true.

(Message edited by c_boarder on July 07, 2006)
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       07-07-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
Brit rider was wrong... C Boarder was right :P

(Message edited by brit rider on July 07, 2006)
Old     (c_boarder)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-07-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
Pictures are worth more than words. Here ya go Brit Rider!!!! Had a friend send me theseUpload
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       07-07-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
I formally withdraw my statement.

If this is real, good work.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-07-2006, 11:42 AM Reply   
the nose looks a lot better than that horrible looking MB
Old     (c_boarder)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-07-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
no problem BRIT RIDER. Yea these are real. A freind was driving down the road and saw these in tow. Upload
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-07-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
If you had a friend send you those pictures why did you ask the question? If your friend took pictures then why don't you share the rest of them with us. So far it looks pretty cool.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       07-07-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
Just a note: The lines are very un-tige like. though maybe they are going to a new look... who knows. but i am not 100% convinced yet... lets see some production boats!
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-07-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
I hope at least a few of the manufactureres stick to the regular bow style - SOOO many people that I come across just hate the way the picklefork bow looks, regardless of how functional it is.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-07-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
There is a lot of talk of this going around the tige owners forums. Those are for real...
Old     (c_boarder)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-07-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
another oneUpload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-07-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
Heard the same thing about the picklefork for 07, it's true.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-07-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
I think it may be a 21 footer also...not sure on that tho
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-07-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
That's not a Tige, it clearly says JC Penny on the windshield!!
Old     (c_boarder)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-07-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
close up of stern

Upload
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-07-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
Bryan, that was damn funny.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-07-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
looks very angular...
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-07-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
I wonder how long that pup is? I like the looks of the nose on it better than the x2.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-07-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
can you imagine taking a tight turn with 2 boats behind you like that?
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-07-2006, 1:22 PM Reply   
Last I read on the Tige owners website, it is supposed to be 21 ft.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-07-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
I used to have one of those pickle-fork thingy's. It was called a tri-hull back then. Top of it's game in '81. LOL!!!

I can't believe that's the direction it looks like things are going in again. It really is a great idea. More space up front with the same size boat and no real downsides.
Old     (mtnsmith)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-07-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
My dealer whispered in my ear that the first pickle-fork will be a 21-footer and a later release will be a 23-footer.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-07-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
bandwagon, jump

although with the number of x45's mc is selling, who can blame em.
Old     (zhendrix)      Join Date: May 2006       07-07-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
x45's? How about the X-2's and X-star's. We sell twice as many of those.
Old     (mtnsmith)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-07-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
I believe it will be called the RV or RZ...something like that.
Old    bocephus            07-07-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
No downside except a horrible ride in any chop of any size.
Old    bigdtx            07-07-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
Is the point just get a bigger bow? Because we're not talking abount cat tunnels here. Looks like all styling/marketing to me - and I'm a Tige owner.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
Bocephus,
If your refering to all pickle forks riding bad in chop, your wrong. Our X rides great in chop. I don't see how having the fork at the front would change how it would ride since it doesn't affect the running surface.
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-07-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
Alright slueths, thats some good snoopin, Abilene is a small place. These are some of the first molds that are complete, as you can tell there is no upholstery in the boat, yes I have seen the finished product in the photo shoot but I cant give it all away, the boat is aesthetically perfect, balance, graphics and colorable sections, perfect.
As you can see, there is no tower, do you want to know about it? If you take the pictures off the internet and wait for the ads to hit the magazines, i'll tell you about the tower, serioulsy, you'll How bout a deal. Hundreds of workers have done as much as possible to keep this under wraps, I must say, great work, but please, if you can pull these guys off and wait, it would be greatly appreciated, because the final product will blow you away, and I dont have a problem telling you about it.
Thanks guys,
Ben Souders
its actually a 22
Old    00wakesetter            07-07-2006, 2:33 PM Reply   
Yea every picklefork i have ever ridin in rides very well in chop.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-07-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
I'll wait to pass judgement until the full pics come, but I think that a larger bow area will be a lot of fun.

Just like I thought the MC graphics were fugly when I first saw them, they have grown on me, although still not my favorite, I bet that the wide nose boats will be very popular.

Same rumor heard here, first a 21 foot, then a 23.
Old    00wakesetter            07-07-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
They should have shrink wraped it before pulling that beast around. Pull the pics and tell us about this new tower. I think i already know but lets hear it.
Old     (ace77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-07-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
I will back Ben on this one. I also have seen the final boat with everything on it at the factory. The boat in the pictures gives you a small and limited view of what the final boat is going to be like. Its SICK!!! The new Tige towers are nice, plus the fit and finish on this boat is far beyond what you see above. Do us a favor and wait for the final boat to be shown. I think it is going to be on of the top models for the '07 year. The lines on this boat are sexy. For all of you Myspace people out there check out the pictures of the Tige Factory on our myspace page....Sorry you won't find any of the '07 pictures, but you will see what goes into this great line of boats.

ACE Cox
Texas Tige
Spring, TX
www.TexasTige.com

www.myspace.com/TexasTige
Old    bigdtx            07-07-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
Doooood... Don't ask for pictures to be taken off the internet - you look like a tool. Car, bike, etc mfgs have dealt with it for years. Think about it - if nobody cared about your product, you'd be begging for (and staging) internet spy photos. After your launch nobody is interested in the spy photos, but they sure are interesting ahead of time...
Old    bocephus            07-07-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
A tri-hull does not ride well in chop, when a wave comes up it slams in the "V section" with no where to go. On a true picklefork or tunnel hull the wave passes through the tunnel. On a standard V hull the wave is pushed off to the sides of the boat. In short I will put the ride of a Sanger V210 against any Mastercraft, MB, or Tige three pointed hull out there in the main channel at powell or havasu.
Old    00wakesetter            07-07-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
Big D, do you even know who you are calling a "tool"?
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-07-2006, 3:04 PM Reply   
regardless of the boat, mc sure seems to have big win with their pf designs. All I see now are thoes, and malibus
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-07-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
If hundreds of people really did work hard to keep this new boat a secret...why not COVER it in PUBLIC???
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       07-07-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
You have to pardon Bocephus he only has an 8th grade education. He also has some serious Natique goggles on.
Old    wakemama628            07-07-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
i think it looks pretty cool. can't wait to ride in one!
Old    tantrum2blind            07-07-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
Well, good shots of the prototype Tige'. Way to be on your toes. I have seen the original plugs(molds) of the boat and have been impressed since the begining. I saw the "almost finished" boat (not pictured) and wished it was completed so we could try it out. I was able to get in it, move arround, try out the seats, and open things up; it felt great. I have had a boat from Nautique, Master Craft, Supra, and Tige'; I have seen the good and the bad over the years, but I really look forward to seeing what these new boats do. From what I have seen and know so far (without saying too much), there are two sizes of the new model, a new tower, and there are great interior changes. Of course, Tige' will continue to have and upgrade their other boats (without the "Fork" nose)in the build line-up; so no worries there. The wider nose has been arround for a while and has proven its worth time and time again. Cobalt, MC, MB, Tige' and many other brands have seen the pros and cons of it and have chosen to (or not to) offer it. If it works, use it, ..........and "GET THE RIGHTS" to it, ha ha...

Oh yeah, for those of you who say MC started the "Pickle Fork", please research that, cause that ain't right...
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-07-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
MC obviously didn't invent the picklefork BUT if they hadn't revived it I highly doubt we'd see any top of the line wakeboats with them.

Personally I think they're ugly anyway but to each his own.
Old    bocephus            07-07-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
No goggles Ryan. A tri-hull is a tri-hull, nothing will ever change that! Someone sent me some great photos of a 190 Plus, you want them?
Old     (psycho)      Join Date: May 2003       07-07-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
next, everyone will be copying m/c's new graphics.
Old    koolaidkid            07-07-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
I guess everyone is just copying correct craft by offering towers too? Bleh!

Boat sure looks sweet to me. Can't wait to see what that boat looks like completely finished.

So where were the pictures taken at, near the plant?
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-07-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
Great Point John N,

I was just going to a movie this evening and found this parked out front:
Upload

This is a cobalt. It looks quite new to me.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       07-07-2006, 11:13 PM Reply   
The new 'pickleforks' are not true tri-hulls. A tri hull was pretty square and the front including the hulls, these boats are all pretty much v bottom boats with a square nose out of the water giving them a better ride. The Cobalt was designed by the same guy as the MC X boats if I remember correctly.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-08-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
Nice. Can't wait.........
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-08-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
Tall Tige,

Cobalt made that boat in 2003-2004 although there are 2 stamped 2005 floating around in Utah. It is the 240SD. The designer drew it up for Cobalt and then turned around and gave the design to mastercraft. Cobalt wasnt too happy about it. They never marketed the boat as a wakeboard boat so sales didnt support keeping it in their line and they dumped it. I bet now they have second thoughts!!
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-08-2006, 10:14 AM Reply   
I like Tige's pickle fork over others (especially, that MB) because it's understated.
To me the prongs are a waste of space for some sort of ineffective fashion statement.
I would be happy with a wide bow and blunt nose.

(Message edited by greatdane on July 08, 2006)
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-08-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Tri-Hull / Pickle Fork Debate.

Tri-Hulls ride rough (period) --- My wakeboard career began riding behind a tri-hull. On a rough day you couldn't even drive the boat on plane.

These Pickle fork boats (X-Star, Tige, MB F23) are V-Haul boats with Pickle Fork (tri-hull looking) front ends.

Compare:
Notice how little "Tri-Hull" the X-Star has?
Upload Upload

The old X-Star has a very similar hull
Upload

A Real Tri-Hull
Upload
In this last picture you can see how far the sides come down, the problem with it is that this design creates long flat surfaces ont he bottom of the hull. Those flat surfaces track the water surface exactly and beat the hell out of the occupants. Tri-Hulls do corner very well. They also stay very level both in corners and when everyone walks to oneside of the boat.

(Message edited by yosquire on July 08, 2006)
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-08-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
Thanks for putting that to rest Craig, nice visuals as well...
Old     (kcsideways)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-08-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Peter Granata who heads up MDRA (Marine Design Resource Alliance)is the designer of both the Cobalt and the X-star. I beleieve the Cobalt was designed first and then MC picked up on it.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-08-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
well if ya cant beat `em ... join `em

i wonder if everyone is going to build a pickle fork???