Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (texasbear08)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-17-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
Here are some picture of the stereo i just put in our 210.

I still have to run the rca's thru the bow to the driver's side to my THREE.1 eq/linedriver. Then the amp picture will be clean!

Sub - Kicker 12" L7 in ported box
Sub amp - Elemental Designs 9.1
Tower Speakers - NVS Addictions - Thanks Duane!
Sub amp - Orion 8004 - Thanks Ken!
Cabin - Polk mmc650 (rewired but stock)
Cabin amp - Polk 480 (rewired but stock)

I decided to mount the amp veritcally to get most of the wires out of the way and for better cooling.

The amp board, power block mounting board and sub box are MDF heavily coated with resin and painted. Still deciding on whether I want to cover the stuff in matching vinyl.

Big thanks to Grant, Clayton, Gotwake, Mikeski, Adam Curtis, Duane and everyone else... i learned alot from yall on here!

Future plans include a ED 15 OV2 in a sealed box under the passenger console... tight fit, and an NVS 1010 in the middle of the addictions... man that would be sweet!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (texasbear08)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-17-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-17-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
Why might I ask are you leaving the sub there? The SAN is small enough as it is. Plus if you ride with two other people the weight distribution is going to be all off. Everything else looks very nice.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-17-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
Yea I know that box looks heavy and in the way. But from experiance with riding in Harolds SAN a box like that box works nice in that aera. Believe it or not its a great solid stepping platform for stepping in and out of the boat as well as getting boards on and off the tower. The box looks a bit big for 1 12 but Im guesing how its ported it needs to be a bit larger. Harrols SAN with 2 12 W-7s looks smaller than your box with 1 12. Throw a towel over for sun and water protection and its pretty built proof and works great as a seet.
Upload
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-17-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
Looks like a nice install. I do agree with Big H, that sub box takes up a lot of precious real estate with very little funcionality (maybe a step down). I have seen a few guys make a down firing sub box as a base to a seat in that location and then do a vinyl cushion that matches the rest of the interior. You gain an extra seat this way and still have a sub in that area. In the present position that sub is exposed to a lot of potential damage facing the interior as well as inflicting some damage (to some shins, toes, etc.). Sharp edges/corners + boat + water is not a good combo. As far as weight distribution you can always get some weight and offset. I don't think that is a big deal.

Great job!
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-17-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
SAN's always need more weight on the starboard side, along with the bow, even with a center tank. The speaker box is probably not enough weight.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-17-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
Good job on the install. Are you mounting the eq in the same place mikeski mounted his? Or do you have another location for it? Can you post pics when you get it installed? Thanks...Mine is in a temporary spot and I'm lookin for pictures of different mounting options.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-17-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
Jon, your set up is nasty, those NVS look sick. How does the one solobaric sound? Im currently installing my stereo and I want to try to get 2 L7s in my nautique. Is one enough in your boat?
Old     (texasbear08)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-17-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
Big heavy & TR,

The starboard side does always need more weight, plus it was the only place i could easily put a ported 12. I got the idea from Grant and he is right it works great as a step so people dont step on the vinyl.

I am in the process of making a very protective grill right now.

Adam, i am going to get 12; rca's and mount it under the dash somewhere... i'll post pics as soon as i do.

AZwake,

One L7 12 is awesome = very loud. Two L7 12's = louder! Go for two if you can! I always want more... but this fits me well right now.
Old    swass            03-17-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
Grant, are you doing stereo installs full time now?