Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (ritz)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-16-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
after sitting down this evening to watch a nice wakeboard show, which made me regurgitate my dinner, I felt compelled to let someone in on the fact that the industry is seriously flawed.
I’m absolutely sicken by the way every King of Wake show on Fuel TV is made into an advertisement... I TiVo-ed it to watch a contest, Not to listen to Bob f**kin' Soven scriptedly talk about his Natique for 10 minutes.... I would like to officially coin the term "Souled Out" (Cleaver ehh?)... The reason the industry as we know it should DIE!!!!!!!! What’s this now!? 10 min with Amber and Rathy doing an infomercial for Oakleys before the host can scriptedly talk about them for the rest of the pathetic show?... Screw WAKEBOARDING, Ski companies under a fake "bad ass wakeboard" persona, and Fuel TV, you sell out B*#ches!!!!!! the industry is weltering because this gay sh*$ not just the economy... Progression continues and sales crash... We need change!!!!! Please!!!!!!!! That show is an embarrassment to the sport, culture, and lifestyle of boarding. People with a say in the wake community please help stop this bulls*^t!
Thanks much,
Pissed of boarder dude
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-16-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
i feel you dude. i would get all stoked to watch wakeboarding on fuel and then it just ends up being soven telling everyone how he is wakeboarding and watching a sketchy contest pass in white capped water.
fuel needs to play more wake vids. real wake vids.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-16-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
welcome to wakeworld ritz!

i dont even get fuel TV my tv company doesnt even offer it. so as far as im concerned, be happy you even have wakeboarding on tv!
Old     (ritz)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-16-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
Thanks man,
Ha, that shows not wakeboarding... its sad man trust me... makes every wakeboarder look like a d bag and the whole indusrty seem gayer than the skiers...

(Message edited by ritz on September 16, 2009)
Old     (tvreeland)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-16-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
Fuel is the only TV station showing wakeboarding and you are going to cry about it. Please don't write them and tell them how you feel. You are hurting our sport.
Old     (ritz)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-16-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
Tyler are you kidding me? Pull, and wake movies do great things for the sport, i wa sitting roung with a goup of buddys watching the king of wake show and they gave me sh*t all night about how gay wakeboarding is... Coverage is good but im i dont agree with all press is good press.. They should do better...
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-16-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
Ahhh yes, the "Core vs. Corporate" debate.....

This should be entertaining.....
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-16-2009, 10:40 AM Reply   
Dear Ritz...

I just wanted to introduce myself; I don't think we've ever met.

I appreciate your comments about wakeboarding on TV and I dislike advertising as much as you do. However, here are a few points to remember:

1. TV shows aren't something that magically happen. They take money. Money that is very hard to come by nowadays. How can money be generated in order to pay for TV shows (or your beloved videos)? Sponsorships and advertising.

2. Same with contests.

3. Same with pretty much anything worth seeing, watching, or attending.

I hope you hold on to my contact info and get in touch as soon as you move out of your parent's house. Check out my website for a lot more tutorials about how things work and what to expect once you graduate/get a job/have a kid, etc...

Sincerely,

The Real World

(Message edited by anthemwake on September 16, 2009)
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
go ask your friends what is cool. then go do that.

if you are really concerned with what they think, and what's gay or not, you've got a lot more to figure out than the state of wakeboarding...
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-16-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
Still waiting for "Gnar Dude Wakeskate Kustom Laces", that ever so core, legit, anti-corporate local company, to put up 100K in prize money at the next King of the Drainage Ditch winch contest in Buffalomew, Idaho.....

Oh, and Ritz....we better not find out you have any Wake type decals on your truck or board....that would be counter-productive to your argument.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-16-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
How about the money generated from EVERY household paying 50-150$ per month just to get cable TV? Shouldn't that cover it?

You're right, that's the real world. But the real world is greedy!
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-16-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
whoops! my bad!

Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-16-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
Oh...probably shouldn't discuss this issue here on this forum, Ritz...see, it's free to use to you and me because of sponsorship revenues from those horrible greedy corporations....
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-16-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
Woah, bitter today?

No I don't. I was demonstrating greed in the cable tv industry, not necesarily challenging you. I beleive I even agreed with you. But carry on with your personal attacks.
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-16-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
Sorry dood, that wasn't a personal attack. I guess I was just confused by your response.

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-16-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
FUEL TV is one big ad, everything on there is an ad.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-16-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
Not to do at all with any of this... except the song name.

and its a really catchy song, enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYewptydkvE
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
Most of Fuel TV is not one big ad. But Ritz is totally right about the king of wake and toe jam coverage. Yeah wake is being shown on tv, which is cool but when its the only program being shown it gives outsiders the wrong impression about what the sport is about. They need to bring back pull so outsiders can see what wakeboarding really is.

Oh and "Souled Out" is a name of a Conor Oberst song that came out a few years ago. So i dont think you coined it. haha
Old     (ritz)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-16-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
Ight peeps there's something to be understood, Sorry if i came out too anti corporate sounding, I was in a rage of sickness by the King of Wake show when i wrote this. I understand sponsorships are a necessity to run an event or program and i'm not dissing that, I'm dragged out on the way the make a tv show into a fu*** infomercial!!! Example, Red bull gets great press and advertisement with nitro circus but you don't see Travis talking scripted about the product for half the show... There is a right way and a wrong way to do it... Pull for example great show!!! they have sponsors and make a sick show I want to watch, Thank you alliance. King of wake, the show i'm talking about... its a fu*&^* Joke!!!!!!!! and it pisses me off!!! In the episode i'm referring to they give only 5 seconds to reed landing the first comp w2w 5 to make room for more scripted talking

ok now that that's said..
A dub, I mention friends say its gay to show that i'm not the only one sickened by it, other people in other industries are as well, not to say I give a %^$# about what them you or anyone ells thinks.
Anthemwake.. I hope you read above and understand the diff. i'm talking about, sponsoring stuff with out completely ruining it and making it worthless to watch. And I'm on my own and quite successful thank you much, I left my job in the industry a few years ago for Real Estate But i'm still quite aware of how it works.

Sum this all up... Sponsors = necessity... King of Wake is a bull@#$% infomercial which miss represents what I feel the Wake scene is and should be. It turns people off form the sport and needs to change. There are other things I don't like about how the industry is ran but that's another topic.. apologies for coming off too strong at first..

Your Hommie,
Ritz
Old     (ritz)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-16-2009, 12:19 PM Reply   
Mitch, thank you, couldn't have said it better my self! I guess NOFX has a song named that too.. Officially Un-coining... was original thinking though..
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-16-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
I do see what you're saying...I completely agree with the fact that the TV broadcasts of KOW are misrepresentative of how wakeboarding is, especially compared to Pull or videos. But I think that has more to do with the fact that it's a contest and contests don't do the best job of showing how things really are. I almost feel like they shot the contest, used all the interesting parts of it, and then had 15 minutes to kill so they got Bob Soven to talk about his boat and use that "partly gnarly..." line one more time. It wasn't the coolest thing ever, but it probably kept Nautiques stoked.

PS: You were dead on about the Red Bull thing. One day, marketing textbooks will be written based on how Red Bull operates.

PPS: NOFX had a song called "Souled Out" too. (haha, you beat me to it...)

Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-16-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
I cant really stand to watch the King of Wake on Fuel. Seen one you have seen them all. Repetitive and boring. I love the other Fuel wake shows. Pull is great, the videos are good, Carnival show and Brostock were entertaining.
Old     (ritz)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-16-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
If that is the case they shouldnt have a show for it. But I can think of pleanty of better fillers similar to whats used in other sports. The designing of the sliders, look at the local scene, some of the afterparty clips etc.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
Why are skiers gay?
Old     (ritz)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-16-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
well for the biggest sking population, why is standing on 2 skis doing absolutly nothing but ruining water for wakers gay? becase the loud flapping sound of thier vagina in the wind is anoying...
Solom and trick dont really fall under that catagory but but there just not as big steezy and cool as Wake board/skating.. its like roller skating when fuitbooter came out, riding scooters at the skatepark instead of sheddin it, playing the flute instead of the drums or guitar.. getting the picture
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-16-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
I love this website.
Old     (cakeeater)      Join Date: May 2009       09-16-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
Ritz needs a lesson in grammar...
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-16-2009, 1:10 PM Reply   
NOFX song title is actually "Soul Doubt".
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-16-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
^^^touche my friend.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-16-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
I see now....only YOUR method of using a public waterway is "not gay".
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-16-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
www.souledoutgroup.com

www.souledoutgroup.com/theband.php

www.souledout.com

www.souledout.net

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souled_Out

www.souledout.com.my

www.souledoutband.me

www.souledout.org

From Music to wrestling to a restaurant, seems like SOULED OUT is that original or creative. Ritz, man I am being nice here believe it or not, but watch yourself on this wakeworld website, there's a lot of OG's here and Industry Insiders on this site, you never know who you will piss off.

(Message edited by andy_nintzel on September 16, 2009)
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-16-2009, 2:51 PM Reply   
In his head, skiing is gay. A-Dub asked a question and he clearly stated why he believes so and that is that.

I think he is entitled to his opinion, So to answer meathead, Ritz would say yes. Why drag it out?

Now let's move on, KOW sucks, no doubt about it. Pull still rocks and there is a new episode waiting for me when I get home!

PS: this is the "wakeboard forum" if people in this forum hate all other water activites except wakeboarding and want to be the only boat riding good water, this is a good place to let your feelings known.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-16-2009, 3:28 PM Reply   
i can haz hijack thred pleze?!?!
(dedicated to Kung Fu Wake & Video.....sincerely, "the film student")

BOOYA!
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-16-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
I don't mind and can live with a two minute infomercial on a good wake related product (i.e. the boat). Relative to all the other garbage that's on television these days Fuel is awesome and they need to generate revenue to cover for all the other awesome content they (or their partners) generate. It's a trade-off that I think they have done a great job managing. BTW, can I get a job with Fuel please? I'm serious... Call me k?
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-16-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
Andy, just out of curiosity, what are you inferring with that post? Stating his opinion about corporate sponsorship is gonna lead to hit boat being sunk/house burned down or getting blackballed by the industry? No smartass intended, but I didnt see him showing any intent on getting in with any industry jobs/sponsorships etc so I dont see why what the OG's and industry people on here think about him matters.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-16-2009, 5:16 PM Reply   
There's a better way to do it... embedded marketing and advertising is effective, but needs to be handled properly. KOW doesn't seem to know how to handle it. Nitro Circus and Red Bull certainly do.
In an industry where fans/participants literally wear their product support on their sleeves/hats/feet/etc... this should be even easier to pull off without alienating the viewer. Most TV shows have to avoid product logos and company affiliations on screen, specifically in wardrobe. Shows like these should live by it!
Shoot great footage and pepper the individuals and scenery with sponsor images, and you should never need to stand and talk about how great they are. It'll be obvious. It's creative 101 kids... show, don't tell.
Old     (ritz)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-16-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
Thanks rich and adam van dyke is right andy im not trying to please all the OGs andindustry insiders lol, if anything im trying to school them on flaws in the industry, thats what a rebel does lol.... even if i was, as if ill go up to one at the next surf expo and theyll say o you must be ritz on wakeworld.. i dont like you, you were mean to me on a chat lol( dont think tony finn is Meathead anywho).... thanks for spending 2 hrs of your worthless day looking up sites to prove a point already made and admitted to 5 times in above posts..
to meatheads post I see now....only YOUR method of using a public waterway is "not gay". i answer, No only not gay ways of using the public waterways are not gay.
Old    dperizzolo            09-17-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
You can spend your day claiming that inanimate things have a sexual orientation, and being mad over how wakeboarding is portrayed through the media to people who haven't had as much exposure to it, or you can go out, ride, and enjoy yourself doing a sport you clearly have a passion for.

(Message edited by dperizzolo on September 17, 2009)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-17-2009, 9:02 AM Reply   
Ritz,

I dont usually do this but man you have officially pissed me off.

"Thanks for spending 2 hrs of your worthless day looking up sites to prove a point already made and admitted to 5 times in above posts.."

For starters you are a newbie and you're ragging on an OG. I am not going to slaughter you here today; I will wait until you piss off Joe Umali for that to happen. For the record it took about 30 seconds to search and copy all the links I could into this thread. AND I would say my day is far from worthless!! I landed 2 HS FS wrapped Nose 720s off the Dub, and I worked on nose Crow Fives, and while I was sitting in the boat toying with my phone I discovered your post. What did you do yesterday pal? Nothing, jerked it in front of the computer a few times I would bet??? Found this new wakeboard website and thought that you were the smartest guys in the world and discovered that KOW on Fuel is one big ad! Coined a Term that has been around for years??? Man your good.

Watch who you attack newbie....

Here's my bet -

You a rich white boy-
Spoiled Rotten-
Never worked for anything ever in your life-
Total Hack on a wakeboard but claim to be WAY better than you are-
Prolly like 13-16 years old-

How did I do? Spot on?

In my almost 4000 posts on wakeworld I have never attacked some one like this. Sorry David Williams I had to do it.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-17-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
Wow, getting kinda hot in here. From a slightly different perspective, I wish I could cap on KOW but I don't get FUEL. I've been complaining to Comcast about this fact for a couple of years now but (can you believe it) they don't listen to me. There is virtually nothing Wake on my 250 channels of Colorfully Represented Advertising as Programming. I had to buy Pull to watch it. But seriously, its all good. Look at our magazines. "Wakeboarding?" Now there is an ad and a half disguised as a magazine. I DON'T CARE. I love that rag. For a little while we had, "The Standard." Real quality stuff there, but they couldn't afford to keep publishing it so it is gone. Funny thing is, I left the one with the detailed article about Shaun Murray (household hero at my place) on the kitchen counter with all the other magazines and my crew of 4 boys, 15 to 19, and all their nefarious friends let it gather dust while ogled all the new Oakleys and Cire Boardshorts in "WakeBoarding." To quote a mostly forgotten comedy group, "You've got to live it or live with it." Flame on.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-17-2009, 9:36 AM Reply   
I apologize for my heated post. I would delete it if I could but its too late.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-17-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
Hahahahaha Andy, I have never seen you post pissed, you are always chill and helpful, but I don't blame you.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-17-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
Thanks Jeff, I really try and Handle myself in a professional manner on here, but this dude got under my skin. Actually I am bit embarrassed about it.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-17-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
How different would these forums be if you could edit your old posts
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-17-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
That was top serious the funniest thing I have ever read on this website, ever. I rarely actually laugh out loud at stuff like this, but I have tears coming out of my eyes right now.

I've never seen someone brag about how much they post on a website and try to use that to intimidate someone who doesn't post as much as they do. That went really well with all the assumptions you made about somebody you don't know. Awesome.

Also, major props on not-so-subtlety sneaking in the fact that you landed 2 (wrapped) sevens yesterday and "worked on" crow nose 5's. You must rip! Have you started your own thread about how good you are, because you'd probably get more attention that way.

I've probably said too much, and Lord knows I don't want the OG internet wakeboard gang to come after me, but that made my week. Keep it up dude...I can't wait to see more.
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-17-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
I think I can respect what Ritz is trying to do. He loves the sport of wakeboarding, as do most of us on here, and he's trying to throw around suggestions at making it better. Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion and most people seem to not agree with him, but he still seems passionate about the sport, which I can respect.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-17-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
Athemwake dude take a deep breath its okay.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-17-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
Dude...

I know you already said you are embarrassed by your post, so obviously it was a heat of the moment thing so Ill try not to be too harsh, but really? I thought you more than most would know that its not about what tricks you can and cant do, its about having fun doing this thing we love. Shaun Murray or any other "OG pro" could come on here and say the exact same thing to you as you said to Ritz, but they dont because a. they are busy having fun on the water, and b. they know that it doesnt matter how good you are or arent, This isnt a hierarchy either, "newbies " have just as much of a right to their opinions as anyone. If you disagree with his opinion thats cool, but leave it at that, go out and ride. I know you live up north, take advantage of what little riding time you have left!

/rant
Old     (jhuff79)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-17-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
anthemwake and ritz and If you are going to post crap attacking a contributing member of this community fill out you bio and put in a picture. Making stupid comment is easier if no one know who you are. Maybe if you fill out that information you would be less likely to make the same mistake in the future.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-17-2009, 11:52 AM Reply   
Thanks Jason.

The O.G.'s I am referring to are the wakeworld.com O.G.'s. I am done with this thread. Have fun taking everything out of context.
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-17-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
Hello jhuff79, my name is Brad, I'm a Capricorn, my favorite cuisine is Mexican, my favorite band is Slayer. You've never heard of me and I'm not that good at wakeboarding, but I'm awesome at calling BS when I see it.

Now that you know a little bit about me, it changes absolutely nothing. Andy's rant still makes him look ridiculous and no one cares how many posts he has. Give me a minute and I'll try to dig up a picture for my profile and we'll see if that changes anything.
Old     (liquidlite)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-17-2009, 12:08 PM Reply   
anyone want to go tubing?
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-17-2009, 12:10 PM Reply   
Can't dude...I'm heading out to the Vics to do some wake surfing.
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-17-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
How about wakesurfing?
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-17-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
Damn, anthem beat me to it...
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-17-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
Anydy - Just so you know, real OG's go back to 2001. You were still in your Wakeworld diapers when I was already rollin' deep around these parts.
Old     (ritz2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-17-2009, 2:43 PM Reply   
Hey there, Im BAK lol, tryed responding to andys post earlyer but was unable to post due to being blocked.. so ill try to calm it down a bit ha... Sorry wakeworld ill be more gooderish.. ha

Andy yesterday I was out with some hommies on the slingy cable tour actually, had a great day riding, glad to hear ya stomped some tricks yourself. I think ya got me wrong but thanks for the assumptions, im successful and almost as old as you... bassed on the MN lake you come off of im guessing thats more of an auto bio of you own youth, but im not gunna go and make any assumptions lol. One quick diss then ide like to make up and be friends... Please dont refer to your self as an OG lol that takes a notch off ur charector. Randle, gator, shapiro.. those dudes are OG's as far as i know you havnt done anythng for the indusrty to deem that title..
Ok now that thats said sorry for getting off on the wrong foot, We both love the sport and wnt it to grow in a positive direction. Truths!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-17-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
I never claimed to be a wakeboard OG and wakeworld.com OG. Stop Hiding fill out your bio! Interesting you got locked out.......

And no that was not a bio of myself.....but hey way to continue to make yourself look like and A$$.

THRUTHS!
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-17-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   

quote:

For starters you are a newbie and you're ragging on an OG.

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-17-2009, 3:33 PM Reply   
I don't understand why the number of posts makes or breaks legitimacy.
I am pretty sure Shaun Murray does not have 4000 posts, but I will take his take (take his take? wtf?) on wakeboarding over anyone else's on this site. well, except for maybe Zane.

as for Ritz. you are saying what alot of people are thinking. you might want to think about being a bit more tactful though. it would go a long way on here.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-17-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
Anthem, come on man, enough, give it a rest, this thread is sooooo lame!!
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-17-2009, 4:01 PM Reply   
Good point train. If I said everything I was thinking to my wife, I would not be a happy man, believe you me!
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-17-2009, 5:23 PM Reply   
BTW, I just thought everyone would want to know... I have not received a call from Fuel yet. But, I'm still anxiously waiting by the phone. Common Fuel call me... I don't suck.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-17-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
For starters you are a newbie and you're ragging on an OG. I am not going to slaughter you here today; I will wait until you piss off Joe Umali for that to happen.

show the whole quote please-
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-17-2009, 8:19 PM Reply   
Wow. Andy. You remind me of k-dub and chavez off of wakeboarder.com - hell, you might be one of those goofy bastards.

So intensely focused on being "cool," "c0re," or whatever the hell that means. On a website. Hear that? A website. Congratulations. I speak for eveyone lurking when I say, no, you are not cool. However, I will say that I do wish I had the capability to check WW on my cellular device. That's totally awesome. You must have some impressive wireless plan. I'm betting Verizon. Verizon gives you a +2 in the cool category.

Continuing... slaughtering someone on wakeworld - that really means a ton, though we all doubt you have the mental capacity to do so. Your threats certainly scare the bejesus out of all those involved. That being said, you will definately impress all of those industry insiders you are defending. The thank you notes will start rolling in next Tuesday.

Re: your set. That's totally radical. I bet after you landed those tricks you went home, slammed three Miller Highlifes via osmosis, killed a kitten with your stare and started a fire using an orange and a coffee filter. Chuck Norris is amazed at your abilities.

Finally, I second everything Anthem said above. Not like he's seeking validation, but well done.

Now, Andy, quit being such a nintzel and land that crow 5.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-17-2009, 9:13 PM Reply   
Can't we all just get along?
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-17-2009, 9:30 PM Reply   
I am always checking this site for some entertainment even though I don't post a lot.

I have to say Andy is ALWAYS the one making post light hearted and never is on the attack.

And for the record, name a sport that hasn't lost it's Soul.
Old     (jhuff79)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-17-2009, 10:35 PM Reply   
bizzuck I'm sure you do not speak for everyone, so do not try to. Please kill this thread it is not adding to the quality of the site. It is like a train wreck, I don't want to look but I do.
Old     (val_venus)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-18-2009, 7:06 AM Reply   
This sh*t is classic...! Please don't kill this thread...!
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-18-2009, 7:28 AM Reply   
O'brien must be so proud of their OG
Old     (ritz2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-18-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
lol i get a kick out of it, leave it up! lol
to the ? by brian, every sport still has its soul!!!!! or it wouldnt be out there, they also still have corporations trying to porfit off the sport and help it evolve into somthing bigger and better too... The arguement is the trade off between the two, how to do it gracefully...
Old     (ritz2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-18-2009, 8:59 AM Reply   
way to continue to make yourself look like and A$$, truths? haha wha...? thats not a truths man... Mr 4k posts OG dude got shown up by a "newbie" and got his fellings hurt.. can we all give him a big (Awwwwwwwww...)
lol Fuel the Fire!!!!!! hahaha
Old     (ritz2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-18-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
sorry to post like 3 in a row but something pushed a button i forgot to comment on.. The dude up top that mentioned The standerd quarterly.. dissapinted in ur "Crew" anyone that would check out the new product adds in a wake mag and let dust settle on the standerd "probably the best thing that ever happened to wake RIP) thats pathetic and those kids need to be taught a lesson... Josh & Joey please revive it some day!!! More marketing maybe? idk 1 yearly hardback coffee table book somthing, it was class 10!!!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-18-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
Bizzuck - Only MacGyver can start a fire with an orange and a Coffee filter. You are correct on Chuck Norris being able to pull off the rest though.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
FRIDAY :-)
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-18-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
Bump
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-18-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
This dude knows the true meaning of wakeboarding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI
Old     (ritz2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-21-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
LOL hahahahaha
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-21-2009, 10:57 AM Reply   
I love lamp.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-21-2009, 1:22 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN75im_us4k