Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       01-08-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
Just curious what the thoughts were on the new 09 LF bindings... Specifically the watsons.. My 08 watsons were comfortable and very supportive, so I was just wondering how the new plate and lighter weight have effected them..
Old     (dgreene)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-08-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
got a pair have not ridden them yet. they are much lighter and hopefully more durable with the new fabric. i got the spacers from performance surf and ski. let you know once i get a chance to ride.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-08-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
i dont have the watsons...i have the 09 shanes and i absolutely love them. they're very comfortable and much more supportive than previous years i think. you can definitely notice the lighter weight.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-08-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
i feel like i'm making a lot of these posts, but i guess us aussies are just in a position to help at the moment.

my bf went from 08 open toe watsons to 09 closed toe watsons and he's not that happy with them. they seem to come up higher on the leg, and fit much looser around the ankle.
It could just be his foot though?! I would definitely recommend trying them on if you can.
they are definitely super light!

I have the 09 Melissas, and I'm also not that stoked on them. The fit isnt the greatest - i get a lot of heel lift, and the footbed seems slipperier - so my feet will slide forward a little on harder landings. I'm pretty disappointed to be honest and will probably have to look at some other options. I had 07 Melissas before and they were much better, fit wise.

(Message edited by aliwake on January 08, 2009)
Old     (dgreene)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-08-2009, 6:53 PM Reply   
forgot to mention also i had a pair of o7 in size 10-11 and had to go to a 11-12 in the o9.
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-08-2009, 7:47 PM Reply   
I'm curious about the LTD's. I would like to see some of those up close and try them on. Hopefully they will have some at the L.A. boat show. Anyone get advance copies of the LTD's?
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-08-2009, 9:05 PM Reply   
So the general consensus is some aren't happy with the 09 LF line, but does anyone have any user reviews of the 09 ltd bindings?!
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-09-2009, 4:54 AM Reply   
I went from 08 Watson CT to the 09's and I thought the fit was much better with the 09's. I have a narrow foot and the 09's seem to surround my foot much better than the 08's did. They are stiffer and much lighter as well. The laces also cinch up a lot better because they got rid of the piece of foam cusion that the top of the lower laces always got hung up on with the 08's. Therefore, tighter laces equal a more snug fit. I do prefer the plates of the 08's over the new one piece plate for 09.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-09-2009, 9:01 PM Reply   
09 ltds arent out yet.