Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-23-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
I want to sell my boat and buy a malibu,supra or nautique from around 1998-2001 which one would u buy
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-23-2006, 2:28 PM Reply   
2001 Super Air Nautique 210
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-23-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
1999 Malibu Sunsetter VLX is nice too.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
86 Ski Supreme
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
God I hate questions like this. Go out and do the research yourself, it's there. They all are pretty nice boats, test drive them and figure it out. Most of these things are personal prefrence anyways. As far as I'm concerned you are bragging, "I'm gonna buy a new boat, look at me". Most of us don't care.

Throw this is the same pile as "which is better MC or Malibu?", "CC sucks", "whatever sucks", "dude my friend is...."

Drive the boats, don't give a damn what everyone else thinks and ride

(Message edited by jeff359 on July 23, 2006)
Old     (ewater)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-23-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
Jeff This is a pretty good question in my opinion. It sounds like he is asking for the best models of those years. Chill out.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-23-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
jeff, take your zoloft
Old     (usarmyttt)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-23-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
Good grief Jeff, I just do not understand people that always say..."do a search, or the info is on here before", WHO CARES!!!! Does it hurt you in some way that this young man is asking a question? If you don't want to help a person out DON"T POST IN HIS THREAD!!!!

Brad, they are all nice in my opinion, Find what you like and demo it to make sure it meets your needs.
Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-23-2006, 6:02 PM Reply   
Thanks for posting Brad! People like Jeff make these threads entertaining...
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
Sorry if I offended anyone. This same question has been asked a FEW times. I just get sick of newbies asking questions, over and over again.

The answer is pretty simple. Test drive them, buy what you like. It is a very personal choice, and while Brad is a little more specfic then most, it has benn asked. TEST DRIVE, TEST DRIVE, TEST DRIVE. Everyone thinks their boat is best.

You want my opinion...probably not, but a Sanger first, MC 205v platform, or Session. In that order.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
Zoloft? I am a little bent as of late, you know a good doctor???
Old    abadsvt            07-23-2006, 6:26 PM Reply   
Sometimes it is hard to test drive a boat. Especially if the boat you like isn't for sale in your area and you have to drive a few hours to see it. I was doing tons of research on my boat before i decided. What is better research than asking a ton of people(not sure how many people are on this website) that have personal experience. If i ask a question and 99% of the people say its a great boat with a great wake then i feel pretty comfortable knowing that and can narrow my search. No-one makes anyone post a comment. Don't post if you don't have anything to help the person posting with his question. In my own opinion i would look at a 2001 MC 205v. Great boat and i have never heard anyone say anything bad about it. Also they hold there resale value pretty darn good. I ended up going with the same hull. I believe in 2000 they also hade a 205v. I also like the SAN in 2001. Good luck
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
"In my own opinion i would look at a 2001 MC 205v"

I agree, you can't go wrong there. On the same note,any of the same boats listed roll as big for most riders. A test ride/drive helps decide what YOU/THE BUYER wants, not what a bunch of faceless internet clowns think is best. My point was, test drive the boats available, used or new, buy what you like. The same boat I like might not cater to Dallas Friday, Shawn Murray, or Rusty. Does it mean it's less boat?? DRIVE EVERYTHING. PERIOD. Buy what you like, don't give a damn what anyone else thinks.}
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
Still looking for Zoloft
Old    awsnow            07-23-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
You obviously need the Zoloft, throw in Ativan and Valium too! I get sick of a**holes on here being smart. It seems like there is always one smarta** in each thread!

(Message edited by awsnow on July 23, 2006)
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
Amanda, too each her/his own. I still stand by my post. If you check my over 700 posts, I have plenty to add. If someone has a question, I'm willing to help. I am just sick of the questions from people who refuse to do the research on there own. This question has been asked a couple hundred times, and frankly is pretty easy to answer with a test drive.

Can't test drive, don't buy the boat. It's that simple. If you read my posts, it's that simple. Drive the boat, decide for yourself. 99% of the direct drives/vdrive ski boats will fit the needs of most boarders. Is a SAN or X2 gonna turn you into Shawn Murray, no. Buy what works for you, give flying F??? what everyone else thinks.

Here in NorCal, it seems to be based more on what you drive, compared to what you can do. 99% of the late model X stars here, the owners can't even go wake to wake. Show me an X2, old school sanger, the owner usually rocks it. In fact some of the better riders I have seen rock worse.

Once again, my point is TEST DRIVE. Decide for yourself, and don't give damn what anyone here, or anywhere else thinks. Don't like, I can care less. Now excuss me, I have a Zoloft (and a forty chaser) with my name on it.
Old    awsnow            07-24-2006, 3:23 AM Reply   
Jeff, I think this post has gone way beyond the original question. My point is, don't be rude to someone who simply asks a question. Sure, the same thing has been asked and answered time and time again. Why do people continue to ask the same questions? Well, this IS wakeworld.com, most people like the feedback from other interested in the sport. Who cares what they do with the advice. With so many posts, it is easier to re-ask than to search through the forums. BE NICE! Were are a family here
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-25-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
Jeff,
I have seen some posts on this site titled "almost got my first w2w today".
All the responses to that post were positive with people giving advise or saying "way to go".
I think that you have anger and boat envy issues.