Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-06-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
I'm planning a houseboat vacation for the weekend after labor day and was thinking that trinity lake looks really nice. My question is how steep is the road when your coming from the north?
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
It is not to bad, we are heading up there on sunday and are gonna be there for a week. We go up every year, and have never had a problem. The road is a bit narrow. I dont see many house boats up there
Old    mendo247            07-06-2007, 1:04 PM Reply   
Once you get off I5 its 2 lane the whole way.. You will climb some steep mountains and go down some steep winding grades, overall its not to bad though.. I grew up going to trinity every weekend, just got back from there yesterday.. IMO its well worth the drive..
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-06-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to my vacation.
Old    kidrik            07-06-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
richard nailed it!

And yes, it's definitely worth it!!!

Have fun, and post pics later!
Old    kidrik            07-06-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
.......here's a pic of my oldest from last summer on Trinity! Pretty crappy water....Upload
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-06-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
the drive isn't bad. i'm leaving for Trinity tomorrow at 7am. i can't wait. every year that trip is probably the high light of my summer. i think my trip to cancun, mexico for the Tige US open might beat it. anyone else going to the Open.
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-06-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
The drive is fine and is incredibly fun with an Audi and a sleeping wife. I will be towing the boat early Thursday morning. I have always found the earlier the better for the drive down the mountain. I have seen a couple of older trucks stop because of hot brakes. Slow and steady will get you there quickly. Cant wait to see you other guys down there. I will try to bring some random promo stuff. Stop me for stickers, shirts, or DVD's.
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2007, 9:15 PM Reply   
What time on thursday will you be out there spence? Where you launchin at? I will be up there, and would be STOKED to meet up with you were gonna have two campsites, and a HUGE party scene, at KOA!! lol are you camping or just pullin the boat?
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2007, 5:47 PM Reply   
I will be there around 2 or 3 and will be staying at the KOA as well. We are campsite #120. I will have the Blue/Black/White Malibu Wakesetter. See you there. The weather is going to be amazing. What is your site number?
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-07-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
uhm, i think it is like 165 i am not for sure, i know it is in the middle of loop 2, green and white truck. boat will be kept in the water. we have a HUGE set up and 2-3 campsites usually.