Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-13-2005, 4:27 PM Reply   
I just purchased a new Clarion CMD4 Head Unit. I wanted to also get a wireless remote. Has anybody used the Clarion CMRC1BSS wired remote to interface with your IPOD ?

Old    jzwake            04-14-2005, 10:12 AM Reply   
I can not control my ipod via the wired remote.
Old    jzwake            04-14-2005, 10:15 AM Reply   
To go further,

The simple Audio input conection would not be able to control a device. Maybe you can buy a kit that uses a IPod dock and such that will allow you to control it. I'm new to this but I've never seen headphones that can control anything except volume on portable devices.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-14-2005, 10:58 AM Reply   
I do not think that it is possible that is if you are using the any of the marine clarion systems. They make a screen that has a remote and that would work. If you want to keep you same set up with a marine remote and everthing you can get remotes just for an iPOD at www.ipodlounge.com
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-14-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
also check this out http://griffintechnology.com/products/airclick/
the remote will mount to the steeing wheel. I also suggest using it with this thing to http://www.sik.com/imp.php
Old    pmack            04-14-2005, 2:04 PM Reply   
How do you like the CMD4 so far? I'm thinking about replacing with one.
Old     (chrzanowski5)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-14-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
Since this head unit has CENET contorl, you can purchase the Clarion Ipod interface module (EA1251B) and this should give you the ability to change tracks with your wired remote.
Old     (gitair77)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-15-2005, 6:10 AM Reply   
Can I use the wired remote from my cmd1 with a new cmd4? Will the new deck fit the same footprint as the old?
Old     (gitair77)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-15-2005, 6:13 AM Reply   
My bad, I dont have an cmd1 but I do have an xmd1.
Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-15-2005, 8:15 AM Reply   
Jib-I just replaced my XMD1 W/ CMD4(see Clarion cauion thread). The footprint is smaller on the CMD4 and no the remote won't work, I've been told.
Old    pmack            04-15-2005, 8:26 AM Reply   
Mike-How do you like the CMD4? I'm thinking about getting one. I currently have the XMD1.
Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-15-2005, 10:00 AM Reply   
Peyton-I like it a lot. The AX inputs are great...the ipod rocks. Really like the rotary knob and the controls are easy to use/find. I'm installing the transom remote this weekend...I need to find out how to make the remote work the ipod. Its also nice to have 3 sets of RCA's, I have 3 amps...now I can fade the boat speakers with the tower speakers. The sub has it's own rca w/ a seperate volume set.
Old    pmack            04-15-2005, 10:48 AM Reply   
Mike-Thanks. I think I'll probably go ahead and get one. Wasn't sure it was worth it, but sounds like you're pleased. To get the ipod to work with the deck/remote, I think you have to get the EA1251B interface from Clarion. http://www.clarion.com/usa/products/accessories/EA1251B.html I'm not sure though. I just plan on using the RCA's.