Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (blue1439)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-17-2003, 7:25 PM Reply   
what kinda wake can i get out of this boat with a few add ons, and without? i got the boat dirt cheap, i've fixed way worse. that is what happens to a boat when u hit a enbankment at 50+ mph, jump a 2ft guard rail and lad on the highway. the owners pushed it back in the water and drove it a half mile after that. i start on it next week. its a 98 wellcraft 2000ss, so a 20 footer with a merc 350 i/o. let me know on the wake?? it will have a tower

Old    k2_mn            04-17-2003, 8:43 PM Reply   
I think it will have a nice wake with some weight. A lot of these guys with 40K boats are spoiled with a perfect wake. I can live driving a nissan rather than a porsche and I can live with a I/O rather than an X-Star. As long as you can ride and have fun, its all good.

(as a side note I dont drive a nissian) :-)
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-17-2003, 8:46 PM Reply   
Craig is right..it's all in the attitude.
My Bayliner threw a super cool wake. I actually miss that boat at times.

B-
Old    fun9c1            04-17-2003, 9:50 PM Reply   
OUCH! That can be fixed?? That looks nasty, dude! The hull, I mean... the rest of it looks great! I would imagine you'd get a great wake out of that baby. You'd have the advantage of tilting the stern drive, too. :-)
Old    wranger            04-18-2003, 2:02 AM Reply   
That boat looks great, it should throw a great wake, plus the advantage of trim. But the photo of the hull that looks like it could cause major problems in the future.
Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-18-2003, 5:39 AM Reply   
Craig - right on!!
Old    aka Bradley Beach            04-18-2003, 7:20 AM Reply   
OUCH! That just hurts looking at that picture. It pains me to see an abused boat.
Old    leggester            04-18-2003, 7:37 AM Reply   
I've been behind a 21' 4winns and the wake without weight is fairly nice. Same power, 5.7 Alpha I.

It feels like hitting a brick wall at skiing speeds, and around 20-26 (foiling) it's pretty ramped at 65' and a little washed at 80'.

Some weight would definitely make it bigger.
Old     (blue1439)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-18-2003, 11:25 AM Reply   
yeah the bottom can be fixed. it should be an awesome boat. any ideas for add ons?
Old    phimple            04-18-2003, 1:41 PM Reply   
Tower, Tower Speakers, Board Racks, Perfect Pass and a ballast system...

Then you can have some real fun