Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    skihardkore            04-17-2003, 8:09 AM Reply   
I'm looking at the new pioneer DEH-P3500 cdplayer.
It has a built in crossover and sub out with a seperate sub volume control. It was truely an answer to my prayers...anyone used it yet? Know anyhting aboutit? I'm probably going to couple it with a Pioneer TS-W255C 10" sub. Heard anything from that one either?
Old    chris_hargis            04-17-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
I have the 3500 and I like it. I just got it ahout 2 weeks ago. Be careful hooking it up though, because mine was working fine, then I plug in my amp and it shorted something in the deck. I lost all sound. took it back and got another one and it works just fine. I haven't played with everything on it yet, but I do like it.
Old    skihardkore            04-17-2003, 1:31 PM Reply   
do you notice a good sound improvement from your old deck? what was your old deck?
Old    chris_hargis            04-17-2003, 1:40 PM Reply   
Yeah, that's pretty funny. I had a Rampage POS in it before, so it was a tremendous improvement. The old unit had like 2 watts of power (probably peak) and the Pioneer has 22 watts RMS and 50 peak, so it is certainly louder and a lot clearer. The two biggest welcome additions were the presets, and the remote (old unit had neither). I like being able to set the EQ on it, but it actually took reading the instructions to figure out how to turn it off. It does not do MP3 though, so if you want that, you will have to move up to the 6500 which is more money. I am sure you will like the 3500 though, I sure do.
Old    skihardkore            04-17-2003, 2:12 PM Reply   
ok thanks...I think I'll stick with the 3500 because that's about as much as i want to spend