Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    endo            03-12-2003, 6:07 PM Reply   
I'm considering both an x-star and a super air, and happened to noticed while in the super air that the tower was a lot lower. I'm barely 6 ft tall, yet my head hit the tower speakers in the super air. The x-star had plenty of headroom. Was this just a screwed up FCT, or are they all that low? Do you mount the speakers on top? Anybody notice, or have problems with this?

Thanks for the input!
Old    flipout            03-12-2003, 8:21 PM Reply   
I just ordered a new tower from monstertower.com and this is a unique tower and its heigth is based on the width of your boat. I have a malibu tantrum and my boat is not wide so the tower heigth is taller on my boat. I talked to the owner of this company for an hour and did lots of research on towers. I paid 895.00 its worth a look.
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-14-2003, 4:05 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure they are tested to work the best with the boat they're on. I've heard if they are to far forward or to far back that it will make the wake wash out more and it may be true for height.