Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (clutch)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-30-2007, 1:44 PM Reply   
I'm currently in the market for a new boat and a local shop is ready to make me a pretty good deal on a new Supreme V208. Anyone out there have any experience with this boat? How's the wake for wakeboarding? I've read that the Supreme V232 is tough to get a good wake but I can't find much info on the V208. I do like the interior room and the fit and finish seems good as well. I'm trying to find time to go out for a demo but haven't been able to coordinate it yet.

Thanks
Clutch
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-30-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/403321.html

And someother wake and surf pics...

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (clutch)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-30-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info... Do you think the V208 is comparable to the V220?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-31-2007, 5:59 AM Reply   
If you do some searches you will see alot of my comments on the entire line...

I like the V220 and V208... I found that the V220 wake held its shape no matter how much weight you put in it... the V208 was easier to get a bigger weight with less weight.

I kiind of wish I went with the V208 because it would have been easier to put in my garage.

As for wake performance... The V230 was impossible to get a nice wake... and the V232 is the exact same hull only the deck is different.

The V212 I dont know much about... and there is suppose to be a new model out which is suppose to be nice...

But I don't think you can go wrong with the V208 especially at the prices you can fid Supremes for...

Supremes get bashed on here... but I have never had any issues...

I am not as wealthy as most of the people on these threads... so I try and get as mush as I can with my money...

Nothing against the X-Stars and other high priced boats... but I could have bought 3 of my Supremes...

Good luck!
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-31-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
I have a 2006 V220 and have had a couple(4/5) of fit and finish issues with it that I felt should have been caught at the factory before being sent out for dealer delivery, however the company (Supreme/Fineline) is stepping up to the plate and getting things right for me. I live on a rough water lake and wish I would have gone with the V208 or V212 and perhaps I will upgrade in the next year.

Overall Supreme is a great value priced boat and one worthy of looking at, hopefully we will see a little more respect and less bashing on WW.

On another note I want to thank the guys (James & Cliff) at Houston Water Sports Complex for taking care on me, even though the do not sell Supreme's, they are outstanding to do business with, as well as the Richardson's (Mike & Kelly) at The Sporting Edge in Antioch, CA. where I purchased my boat, they really have gone out of their way to see that things are done!
Old     (clutch)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-31-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
Here's a pic of the boat, what do you think? First time uploading so hopefully it worked...

Upload
Old     (formulad97)      Join Date: May 2007       12-31-2007, 10:21 AM Reply   
double check the fit and finish again and again before you buy. Thats the reason I passed on the supreme, I felt the factory cut corners, the storage areas had crooked openings and rough fiberglass .
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-31-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
Hey Dan what did you end up buying for the same price with better fit and finish. Part of what you give up is the fine detailing and some fit and finish compared to the $70,000 boats. The supreme is a great first timer boat with a great shape to the wake.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-31-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
I love when people comment on fit and finish... if it comes down to fit and finish... Svfara wins hands down!

But if it comes to the cosmetics... and quality of the finish etc... Fineline does some great fiberglass work!

If it comes down to climbing inside and under every little opening... I have yet to see any nice cleanly cut fiberglass or clean wiring etc... on any boat....

Looks like they all get hacked up at some point in the assembly line.
Old     (clutch)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-31-2007, 3:00 PM Reply   
My previous boat was a 98 Sanger DLX and overall it was a good boat for me. Fit and finish on it was not great but there was nothing that really bugged me about it... So if there are a few minor issues I'm sure I can look past them if the boat overall is of a high quality.

I really like the depth when inside the Supreme, way better than my old boat! The Bimini also is a plus because it sits on top (I think) of the tower so I can walk under without stooping like my old boat. Plus I think it is going to fit in my garage which is 105" wide X 6'-11" tall by 23' deep. I measured the highest point of the tower when folded and it's right at 6'-11" so I think I can make it work.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-31-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
Where's Migs H.? He has 2 Supreme's and knows a lot about the company? Chime in on this post Migs and post some wake and surf shots!
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       01-02-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
I have an '04 V208 and I think it is a great boat for the money.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       01-03-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
Sorry guys, been in Park City for the last 2 weeks riding. So just opened ww this morning for the first time. I have an 06 and 07 V220, both great boats, fit and finish are very nice, and wake is great as well. I havent had any problems with either one of them except for ballast pump issues, on both, which Kal Customs took care of immediately for me by switching the impellars, and have not had an issue with them since.

I run my boats HARD and weigh them down fully every time I ride and I ride 10 months out of the year. I however, take ridiculous care of my boats, they get wiped down inside and out with babes every time we pull out, and then I redo completely again the next day. I do ALL the services as well, no fail. I also, never tie up to any boat and rarely tie up to a dock.

I also have a great relationship with Kal Customs, and they take superb care of me and my boats. So I have nothing but great things to say about Supreme. I have owned several different wake boats, and have close friends who all own pretty much every wake boat out there. They ALL have their pros and cons. The ones who are anal about their boats like me, have less problems as those who dont take as good of care of theirs.

Heres a pic of my v220 wake while fully wieghed down. Upload
Upload
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-03-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
Thanks for the pics Migs! I have been getting better customer service from Kal Kustoms/Fineline, so I am more pleased than I was at the start of the summer.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-03-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
I like the how the platform has an upward lip on it - keeps from getting board marks on the boat.
Old     (clutch)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-03-2008, 10:28 AM Reply   
Sweet pics Migs!

I stopped by the dealership yesterday and spent about an hour going through the boat. I opened all the compartments and checked for alignment issues, poor fiberglass work, defective vinyl work etc. Couldn't find anything except the drivers seat was a little wobbly. They reassured me that this was an easy fix.

I set up a demo for Sat as long as it's not raining. After the demo they are going to bring it over to my garage to see if it will fit. We'll see what happens from there...
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       01-03-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
Good luck with everything. You got yourself a great boat. Make sure to talk to the dealer about the ballast pumps issue. I know its been an issue with a majority of the pumps and if its the same pump they are using, if they will swap the impellars for you now, rather than when they break.

Best advise is to just baby it, and take good good care of it and itll be good to you.
Old     (jstrong89)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-03-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
I almost bought a new Sanger V210 for just under $40K. So glad I didn't though. We went out for a demo and it just didn't seem like a quality boat worth dropping that kind of money on. I shopped it out last winter and found a used SAN 210 for $20k and couldn't be happier. Was able to save a ton of money and get a better boat with a great resale value.
Old     (foremanraiders)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-03-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
Glad to see someone with a V208. We purchased ours this past summer, a 2008 V208 Supreme. We really enjoy it. Great wake and all.
Old     (foremanraiders)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-03-2008, 9:52 PM Reply   
Check out our boat...what do think...got a great deal on it and we love it.

Upload