Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2005, 6:20 PM Reply   
I do not have a good boat or anything to really jump just a jetski, gti le rfi does ok, I can barrely get but like 3 feet of air but when I come down, I get a lot of slack in the rope and kindof fall back on the back of the board and rarley recover it, I think I may be going to slow or the rope it to low, I have a hydroslide 2 fins and hydroslide bindings, and go on a 75 foot rope, I dont really know much so any thing would be good

thanks
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-22-2005, 6:30 PM Reply   
post where your from, and find a pull........the hidden secret of wakeworld!!

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-22-2005, 6:34 PM Reply   
If you have a jetski, like mike said maybe find a pull from someone. However thats not always an option so work on surface tricks, or maybe pick up a wakeskate....
Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2005, 6:53 PM Reply   
I am from texas but I usually ride on lake chatuge up in north georgia,

thanks
Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2005, 6:59 PM Reply   
sorry like I said I am a newb and I do not know what a pull is, if you could explain I would appericiate, and what speed should I go I am about 180 lb

thanks

(Message edited by kody_a on August 22, 2005)

(Message edited by kody_a on August 22, 2005)
Old     (bucnoles)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-22-2005, 7:06 PM Reply   
A pull is a ride behind a different boat. Try to hook up with someone on the dock and offer some gas money for a ride.
Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2005, 7:31 PM Reply   
thanks I will try that but unfortunatly the nearest ski boat is like 1 mile away at another marina
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-22-2005, 7:54 PM Reply   
Ok, I do alot of riding behind a sea-doo PWC, so I know where your coming from (hopefully will be getting a shiny new boat next summer!) I know alot of people will tell you to just 'give up' boarding or buy a roam or a wakeskate but there are some tricks you can do behind a Doo.

To accomplish good wake jumps, get comfortable riding up to speed, when you feel good try to keep your speed as consistent as you can- somewhere around 21 mph (i know its tough you have to have a somewhat decent driver). At this speed, the wake of the Doo is the cleanest it'll get and isn't like 200 feet wide; its pretty narrow. I suggest shortening your rope to 55 ft or 60 ft if you can take links out of your line, depending on how bad the spray is from the jet. Keep practicing your wake jumps and you will eventually to be able to go completely W2W ((wake to wake) completely jumping across the center of the wake). You won't be getting 10 feet of air, considering you only have a foot-high wake to jump off of, but if you suck up your knees into your chest in the air you'll be able to get maybe, maybe, 3.5 feet with practice.

Also, you can do many surface tricks, which are tricks where your board does not leave the surface of the water. Try slowing down the speed of the PWC a bit for the first couple of tries to prevent faceplanting, and if you'd like you can take off your fins. To do a surface 180, when riding regular just twist your body and whip the board around so your riding switch. Then let go with your trailing hand and get alittle used to riding switch. Once you've mastered the surface 180 you can try a surface 360 by passing the handle behind your back.

Some other tricks that are possible behind a Doo are ollies ((jumping off the water in the flats)flats- the areas outside the wake), ollie 180's, 180's (rotating in the air after jumping off the wake), and butterslides which are like 'boardsliding the wake'.

A wakeskate (basically a skateboard made to ride on the water, no bindings) isn't that bad of an idea even though i shut down that idea at the beginning of this post. I got one this year and it's a blast to ride, especially behing a PWC.
Hope some of this helps & Good Luck!

P.S.- Do a search on the forum for 'progeressive edge', 'wake jumps', or anything else you have a question about. Chances are someone asked about it before you, and these threads give you instant answers!

Old     (kody_a)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2005, 8:01 PM Reply   
thanks for the comments I will try that I am going to the lake on labor day I will try that
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-22-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
Same with me; can't get up to the lake till labor day with school and all... Let me know how it goes.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-22-2005, 8:23 PM Reply   
O yeah, one more little thing (not trying to be a dick or anything): When you post a topic use capitalization and punctuation as best you can. You'll earn a little more respect from the big dogs and get more responses IMO.
Old     (nautiquerider27)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-24-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
I am 110 lbs. and i ride at 23-24 mph. Thats where i feel comforable it really depends on where you are comfortable riding.