Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-22-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
I met a ton of really cool people this weekend but some things really stood out at our Denver boat show. In no particular order.

1)The Titan tower, speaker, and rack set up on the Nautique is the sexiest tower I have ever seen. One of the best moves Correct Craft ever made. MUST HAVE ONE.

2)Epic is a very legitimate boat. I've always heard the wake was ridiculous but now that I've seen one live, I'm impressed. If these guys continue on the path they are on, Epic will be a major (core) boat in the years to come, and will be significant this year. I talked them into pulling a contest so we could all get a chance to ride it. Can't wait.

3)The X Star this year is down right awesome! Aside from everything you know, some of the cleanest lines in any boat. It's purdy...

4) The Sidewayz crew is a little crazy...and super fun! Definitely a core shop that knows what they are talking about!

5)Raequel Hoffman is still the nicest, most down to earth....and "very best female wakeboarder on the planet". You heard me.. I said it first. Write down the date. You'll agree within 2 years.

6)For those that can't afford 100k on a boat, it's going to be a tough call this year between the Supra's, Tige's, Malibu's, and Centurion's. I've owned or ridden behind many of the models and there are some great products out there, with good quality, AWESOME warranties, and rockin wakes. Now where is the air conditioning, brass..uh umm....tower poles, electric motors, and disco balls?! I'm waiting...

7)Mike and Nick Ennen can survive on zero sleep for 3 days straight and still be professional and helpful to all the people tracking them down for autographs. Must be the caffeine but these guys are true professionals and we were lucky to have them at the Denver show.

8)Tommy's booth is amazing for any boat show. They really go all out and it pays off. Looks more like something you would see at Surf Expo but these guys know how to market themselves.

9) I can't wait to ride Shaun Murray and Greg Nelson's new shape this year. I'm the guy who bought 10 Double Up Pure Ride's (only 2 left) when Double Up sold just to have them. Greg Nelson is one of the best shapers on the planet so I'm really looking forward to the new ride. I'll have to start riding with fins again.

10)Best of all, Denver is starting to get that vibe of a real wakeboard community. I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!! It's going to be the year everyone remembers!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-22-2008, 1:01 PM Reply   

quote:

Raequel Hoffman is still the nicest, most down to earth....and "very best female wakeboarder on the planet". You heard me.. I said it first. Write down the date. You'll agree within 2 years.

i doubt she's going to need 2 years to prove it.

what's up steve? long time to see/talk! sounds like things are going well for you!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-22-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
"i doubt she's going to need 2 years to prove it."

Agreed. She learns faster than anyone. I have huge expectations for her this year. I want to see her standing on the podium just a few inches higher than Dallas and Amber.

Yah hear that Raequel?
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-22-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
yeah, Rae is pretty much my hero.

Hi Steve! Hope you're doing well out there!
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-22-2008, 5:23 PM Reply   
It was a great show this year. I thought it was a lot better than last year's. I totally spaced off seeing Raquel Hoffman. I almost went back Sunday to see her. At least I got a second to talk to Parks.

(Message edited by bill_sloan on January 22, 2008)
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-22-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
Can someone point me at a photo of the Titan tower? What has CC done with it?
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-22-2008, 6:16 PM Reply   
Upload
looks so much better in person. polished stainless steal. only boats i would consider buying would be a 23LSV, SAN 210 or 220.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-22-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
Upload
looks so much better in person. polished stainless steal. only boats i would consider buying would be a 23LSV, SAN 210 or 220.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-22-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
WoW...never been a nauti fan but I am starting to rethink them. Those 2 boats look great. Jury is still out on the tower. Although better then in the past I have to stare at the pics a little longer. Would like to see one up close and personal
Old    swass            01-23-2008, 7:48 AM Reply   
I was pretty impressed with the SAN 210 and 220. Sicker on the 220 was more than $100K! That's crazy money.

The $60K X-15 is the ticket for me. Only $3K more than the X-2.

The VLX is a good lookin' boat, too.

The boss said we're gettin' a new boat when Nick starts kindergarten! And I get to pick - as long as it's a v-drive. Woohoo!
Old    swass            01-23-2008, 7:57 AM Reply   
I think the coolest thing I saw that's new this year (I think) was the fold-down swim platform on the MCs. Very simple, yet practical.
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-23-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
there wasnt one towboat i didnt like at the boat show, all super nice boats you cant go wrong with any of the newer boats. Being that ill never own a new Mastercraft, Nautique, or Malibu, I would have to say I was most impressed with Centurions new Falcon V. Alot of boat for the money. I was least impressed with the Mastercraft X1. It might throw a sweet wake, but it was tiny. Would be a great boat for a small private lake though.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-23-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
Greg Nelson's new board, the Tribute, is amazing!! I am a very big fan of the rocker, shape, and graphics!! Plus Greg's a really cool guy, I've dealt with him on the phone before, and he was nothing less than helpful!!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-23-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
Are you sure that was an 08 220 Swass for more than 100k, the 220's msrp in the high 70's range.
Maybe it was a 230?
Old    swass            01-23-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
Well - no. I'm pretty sure it was the second one that Max posted.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-24-2008, 2:08 AM Reply   
Was that 220 made of cold?!
You should be very crazy to pull $100k for a 220. With a bit of negotions you can get a '08 220 Team for high $60k.
Old    swass            01-24-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
My bad. innov8 is right - it was the 230 that was ~$100K.

(Message edited by swass on January 24, 2008)