Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-11-2010, 10:36 PM Reply   
Anybody remember who that was or remember what color the boat was? I think it was a 70's Sanger Superjet or something like that. I believe it was stolen from somewhere in the Cali delta area. It was probably 3 or 4 years ago.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-12-2010, 12:10 AM Reply   
I remember the story, i cant be much help but i really want to say it was blue?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-12-2010, 12:10 AM Reply   
So, you potentially saw it then? Or what's the word?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-12-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
I saw this on craigslist Seattle. I know it is a long shot as I don't remember for sure what brand or color it was. I kind of thought it was red and white though.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/1996453678.html
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-12-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
The boat was white and blue if its the same one im thinking of.
Old     (rukie)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-12-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
If I remember correctly, it was a relative of Scott (Chilidog) on WW
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-12-2010, 10:48 AM Reply   
Coop, that might be it. I actually googled "stolen Sanger Super Jet" and one did pop up on some other websites. It was a teal/blue and white one. That may have been it.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-12-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
Yea I remember it being a Blue jet boat
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-12-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
Hey fellas, yeah it was my brothers boat that was stolen. Very similar to the red one but it was blue and white and had a different motor setup etc.

I really appreciate the effort in keeping a look out. I have seen a few boats on clist over the years that looked like his but can always find inconsistencies. My opinion is that whomever stole the boat probably pulled the motor and sold it, pulled the seats and gages and sold them, cut up the hull and threw it in a dumpster and either got a new VIN for the trailer or ground the tag off the original trailer and sold it or just cut it all up sold the parts etc. I have seen a few on the road that are identical to his but like I said there are always differences. My guess is the people that took it are barely smart enough to not try and drive it on a lake or transport it anywhere.

What chaps our arse on this whole deal was this: A few days after the boat was gone he put ads all over clist in CA listing it for sale then you would open it and there were pics and contact info etc. explaining what happened. Well the ad in clist sacramento always go flagged for removal. A week or two later there was a tunnel ram big block chevy with MSD for sale for $1000. There were jet boat seats blue and white for sale for cheap, no hull, jet or trailer ever came up. We tried multiple times to email the anonymous seller with friends emails and made up a few new ones but no response and the ads were gone in 2 days, over a weekend. He contacted the Sheriff up there and they said nothing they could do because there was no proof it was his stuff, etc.

Long story short this winter he bought a 70 Sanger Vdrve that is totally done, custom interior, gages, and a 600hp 468, way more motor than the last one had. Plus its a vdrive so it gets it way quicker than the jet. He has been enjoying it this summer on his days off and keeps it securely in his home garage, not at the storage where it got jacked.

Here's a pic of the old one and one of the new one.
Thanks again for keeping an eye out, maybe someday we will know what happened but not sure. I think it got stolen in May of 08.
Attached Images

Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-12-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD8wQnKnd0w

My bad it's a 72.

You can hear me screaming like a little girl when we started to hit 90 ish,.

Twin sloughs is way different at this speed than going 21mph behind the V215.....