Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-05-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
Some really good riding.
http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/GetImage.asp?GalleryID=300&ImageID=35
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-05-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
Already posted on this thread.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/198685.html?1099682476
Old    blind5            11-05-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
I don't understand how LF can let a rider like that go. He is increadable and a really nice guy as well. I think hat he is a lot better than a lot of LF's top riders (Cody Hall and Mikey Ennen, to name a couple)

Personal opinion: LF is retarded

(Message edited by blind5 on November 05, 2004)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-05-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
LF already has a killer team. Maybe O'Brien offered more. I guess they felt Tino was a better investment.
Old    blind5            11-05-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
Sean has been riding for LF for awhile, maybe making him a top rider would of been smarter instead of giving him the boot and let some sorry ass riders in.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-05-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
Actually Sean started riding for LF less than a year ago, and LF only gave him product, no money or endorsements.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-05-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
Bills correct but maybe endorsing Sean more would have shown everyone that hes just about as good, if not better, then EVERYONE on Liquid Force Watson and Bonifay excluded. But as much as we can bash Liquid Force for not getting way behind him or letting him go they did support him with product and Sean ended up with a company better suited to his style and needs not to mention hes really stoked on the new board.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-05-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
I heard that Sean left LF because he wanted a pro model and they wouldn't give him one.
Old    blind5            11-05-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
I am glad to see sean riding for O'Brien
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-05-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
Thane I haven't talked to Sean about it, but I really doubt he asked for a pro model. He would have liked to get paid though, even travel expenses for the pro tour.

Anyone notice Sean in Relentless? He has 2 tricks during the credits - and they roll right over him so you can't see the tricks. That shows you how much LF appreciated his talents.

(Message edited by sdboardr99 on November 05, 2004)
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-05-2004, 4:34 PM Reply   
sean is definitely a sick rider and a super chill guy to hang out with as well.

if you read the obrien press release, it says sean will be riding the valhalla. all the obrien riders that i can think of already have their own board, so perhaps that board might turn into sean's pro model if things work out for him at obrien? i dunno, its just a thought.
Old    wakenboard            11-05-2004, 6:28 PM Reply   
All of his tricks look so clean, and they finish in the air--no passing the rope as hes landing on the wake
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-05-2004, 6:36 PM Reply   
scott a...I know Jonathan Nadolski is riding the valhalla also so I doubt they will give sean obrien that board as his pro model over jonathan who has been riding with o'brien longer.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-06-2004, 3:41 PM Reply   
Sean did NOT leave Liquid because they wouldn't give him a pro model... he never even asked. Sean needed more support then what Liquid was willing to give hence O'brien on O'brien.
Old    blind5            11-06-2004, 6:24 PM Reply   
excatly.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-08-2004, 4:41 AM Reply   
He seems pretty comfortable on the valhalla, he was ripping it this weekend at collegiate nationals.
Old     (pimp131)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-08-2004, 7:36 AM Reply   
sean is riding the valhalla but with out those wings on it. He said they never gave him the wings, so it would be hard to think that board would turn into his pro model. He rode pretty good at Collegiate, his semi final run was awsome, but his final run was a little weak. I think he came in 8th or 7th, not 100% sure.
Old     (sean_obrien)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-08-2004, 10:48 AM Reply   
I hope you guys liked the video.

I also want to clarify a few things. I don't have a clue how this rumor came up about me leaving LF because they wouldn't give me a pro model. Any of you guys that know me, know that having my name on a board is not my number one priority. I just want to ride, have fun, promote my sponsors, and promote wakeboarding to the best of my abilities. It doesn't matter if my name is on a board or not. As long as I am riding something that I'm comfortable with, I'll be happy. As for O'Brien, the topic of having a pro model has never come up, not that it matters because I'm thrilled to be riding the Valhalla.

Rob, Bill, Scott, and Paul- Thanks for the constant support. I really appreciate it.

Alessandro- Somehow I ended up in 5th. Personally, I thought I rode terrible and I shouldn't have even placed that high. For those of you were not there, I fell on my first trick (nuclear whirly), got up stuck a few tricks and then fell on a slob crow mobe 5. I really need to learn how to ride in contests.

Later,
Sean
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-08-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
i left before the finals, but your semi run was sick. the cable had a couple new things since last time i was there too, so it was nice sat. night.

as for LF, i love 'em but i've seen a lot of LF guys ride in person and would have rather seen sean o., adam fields, and maybe a couple other riders in Relentless rather than some of the ones that were in it.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-08-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
Those tantrum to blinds are so sick and unlike anyone elses that I've ever seen. The grab is held so long and the transition to blind is soo smooth and apathetic.
Old    jakeman            11-08-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
Sean ripped his first 2 runs throwing everything to nuke
he got 5th in finals.
he wrecked on the first trick, it was getting dark, and it was cold but he was still smiling
Sean is really layed back super cool dude.
He loves his new board and is amped about being sponsored by o'brien.
valhalla = heaven for all dead vikings per sean

late/jake
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-08-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
Technically, every board O'brien makes has sean's name on it. basically what i am saying is that every board they make is his pro model.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-08-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
Pro model means he would get a royalty on each board sold, which is not the case here.

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-08-2004, 4:46 PM Reply   
Most companies don't do the royalty per board thing any more.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-08-2004, 4:50 PM Reply   
Here's a funny email I just got about Sean. I'll leave the guy's name off to show him some mercy, but it's good for a laugh. The poor grammar just adds to the fun...

"hey guys, sob isnt that good, have you seen his videos, no wonder he is sponsered by either of the two major wake companays, he never takes off switch and hardly ever lands switch either. if somebody could throw him a bone maybe for 2005 he might win some contests, but until then he will remain an average rider with an average bag of tricks. would you please stop writing articles about "
Old     (ufobw)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-08-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
I approve of the wake and the riding!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-08-2004, 5:07 PM Reply   
oh but dave, if someone has the balls to write something like that they deserve to have their name tacked to the end of their beautifully written email!
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-08-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
No royalty per board? Ahh, I was just assuming that the wakeboard industry was like the snowboard one in that regard. I guess I'm mistaken. Thanks for the info, Dave. Too bad, the snowboard pros can do quite well from board royalties.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-08-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
No royalty per board? I know some of the "older" guys still get paid by royaly. But since there are so many signature boards, their royalty amounts have really come down. How do they get paid now? BTW, I think the Valhalla will be Nadowlskis' board if he becomes a player in the next few years. He did have some infuence in the design.
Old     (nautiqu13)      Join Date: Dec 2000       11-08-2004, 6:26 PM Reply   
oh dave please tell us who....
or have them contact me directly,
its hard to find someone on here I agree with

SEAMAN
Old     (pimp131)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-09-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
my bad sean, i just got the results in my email box. still you had a pretty solid run. I felt like some of the judgin was a little off, i dunno just my opinion. Sucks for Palma that he has a bad run, but i guess thats part of the learning experience. It was his first two day tournament.
Any ways keep up the good work...

o yea... would u be interested in filming with us for a couple days sometime ... we are thinkin about making a dvd, but ill have Josh talk to you some more about it.
peace

(Message edited by Pimp131 on November 09, 2004)
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-13-2004, 4:57 PM Reply   
Hardly takes off switch maybe.. but I believe he was the first to say that hes in this sport to ride and have FUN! Taking tricks HUGE and with so much style makes it fun for him to ride as well as amazing for me to watch! Sean isn't hunting for buzz around his name nor instigating it.... these things are being posted because people notice raw talent and sick riding when they see it. Not to mention Sean rarely gets a compliment on his riding without it being quickly followed with a compliment on his extreamly positive attitude.
Seaman & anonymous poster- I hear your opinion and trust they were made with a great deal of thought. But having read and reread your postings and thinking rather long and hard over them I have come to one conclusion... you must not be refering to the Sean O'Brien the rest of us are!