Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-25-2004, 5:42 AM Reply   
I'm coming from an 03 premier and am looking for something with a little more consistancy, i had a ride on the temet yesterday and liked how grippy it was on edge, and when kicked out released real easy. Whats the 3DS like in comparison.
I'm thinking a continuous board might do me some good gettin my backrolls a bit more consistent.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-25-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
I was in your boat then rode the new Absolute. Strong and consistent pop. It's an all around awesome board. I went with the Transcend cause I like the buttery ride and the three+ inches of rocker. Once you get used to the pop, it's scary.
Look outside of Hyperlite. Demo something else, you'll be suprised.. I was.
Plus I rode all Summer on the same bindings! I sent my 03 Parks' back three times in four months.
Old    murrayair            11-25-2004, 10:46 PM Reply   
I love my Absolute platinum, too. Great board! You will be hard pressed to find someone who has ridden the Absolute and doesn't like it.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-27-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
problem with the CWB stuff, is that over here in england its really expensive. Hyperlite is one of the cheapest, and especially for how good the stuff is.
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-27-2004, 2:25 PM Reply   
The 3DS is going to be grippy and quick in the water, it has a little bit more rocker/pop that the Murray does.
Old    wakeboardn4life            11-27-2004, 4:01 PM Reply   
substance is the way too go enough said
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-27-2004, 6:04 PM Reply   
looks like I'm gonna have to wait for the 3DS, was hopin someone might say that, cause i'm not so sure on the colour of the temet!!!

no offence to anyone, its still a sweet sweet board.

cheers
h
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-29-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
the temet will be easier to set on edge than the 3ds. first time I edged toward the wake on my TFD I landed on my ass. now that I'm used to it, I love it. ride the 3ds. the absolute's 3" rocker sounds interesting...
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-29-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
I was in the same situation, having an 03 Premier but wanted a more consistant pop. I demoed both the TFD and the Temet. I actually found the TFD to feel too grippy. Particularly on Tripflip type tricks. I did change the fins to .7 which help a little but still not to my liking.
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-29-2004, 5:47 PM Reply   
I heard too that TFD (3DS) was way too grippy.
I have the Temet Bio and loved that board.
I have a LF DLX too, but it is too loose

Murray board comes with 1.1 fins and Temet comes with 0.8 fins

Maybe it will change a bit and Murray will be lighter that Temet (BIO2)

For sure, I has a bit of more pop that the Temet, need to be more technical.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-30-2004, 4:22 AM Reply   
martin,

is it the murray or the 3DS that has a bit more pop than the temet??

Its weird cause looking at the designs, i'd have thought the tdf/3DS would be less grippy than the temet

Another point i should make, is that when i cut into the wake, i don't always use the hardest edge, this doesn't mean that i flatten off loads, rather I have a really knees bent style which stops my edge being really hard. Which is the appropriate board for this style?? cause i felt the temet was strong with this position

(Message edited by harryhog on November 30, 2004)
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-30-2004, 10:54 AM Reply   
I just got my 3DS last night and obviously haven't ridden yet. From what I understand the 3DS is going to pop a little harder because of the abrupt-continuous rocker line, compared to the continuous rocker of the Murray. Also as someone stated the board will be quicker edge to edge, and faster due to the increased surface area, especially in the tip and tail. I also like the fact that it has the big V shaped bottom, which should soften up my landings quite a bit. Being too grippy is the one thing I worry about because I like a board to break loose when I want it to, so I bought an extra set of .8 P-wings to try out along with the stock 1.1 A-wings. Anyways I hope it works out for me. I'll try to post some pics later.

BTW: Thanks to Tyler and the staff @ Wakesports for always taking care of me.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-30-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
cool shawn. I took the fins off my 04 byerly and like it. I got an 04 tfd and I'm going to get the .8 p wings for next year. Yea, the 1.1s are pretty sticky..
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-30-2004, 6:13 PM Reply   
Harry,

I meant the 3DS has more pop but too grippy
For me the Temet (Murray is the same board but lighter cause BIO2).

For me it is a perfect board: feel right, I always feel right when I land BUT a bit less pop

Murray comes with P1.1
Temet comes with P0.8

is the Murray will be more grippy, good question

maybe like shaun says, 3DS with P0.8 will be less grippy...

the best is to try it. it is how you feel that counts (my humble opinion)

Old    jayp            12-01-2004, 12:39 AM Reply   
Try the LF Litmus.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-01-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
Here is the pics of my new '05 Hyperlite 3ds 135. Sorry for the poor quality but I took them while I was running out the door from work, with a POS camera.

Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-02-2004, 9:25 AM Reply   
i didn't know the 3DS had tiny little fins coming off the step down rail part (inside of the main fins), with this in mind i'd of thought it would be recommended to use 0.8 fins rather than the 1.1's
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-02-2004, 10:37 AM Reply   
Actually the picture is deceiving; they are more like channels not fins (they indent rather than stick out). From what I was told Chad wanted to add those, to channel the air passing under the board away from the fins, creating less turbulence around the actual fin. I hope that makes sense.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-02-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
shawn, that makes sense, can see it now. I spose it'd act like a small set of fins anyway, just sucks the water into the board, rather than sticking out into the water.

can u also let me know how the board feels with the 0.8 fins, like u (and most others), i like the idea of being able to just kick out the board into a slide, and not get tripped up when i come in for a slightly of direction landing. cheers
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-02-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
I'm not sure when I'll get a chance, it’s been unusually cold for So-Cal, I think it got as low as 34 degrees the other night. If someone hooks me up with a ride (hint, hint ) soon I will definitely let you know how it rode.
Old    stillstandin            12-03-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
3DS is a very fast board, The Murray will be more mellow...
Old    dave_willyams            12-15-2004, 6:39 PM Reply   
3DS FOR LIFE
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-18-2005, 4:32 PM Reply   
nice Shawn. when we gonna ride?
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-19-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
Anytime Thane,

I waiting to get some new boots. I've tried to go pick them up twice over the last two days, but I didn't know the shop closes at 5 now! Since I get off work at 5, I guess I'll have to go on a weekend, but this weekend I'm going to Big Bear, looks like it will have to be the following weekend.

Why don't you drive up to Big Bear this weekend and do some boarding with me?