Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (calcio)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-28-2006, 7:59 AM Reply   
About a month ago the tower on my boat broke, and I think insurance is going to pick up the cost of a new one.
This is where I need you guys. There are a ton of tower manufacturers, but I'm not sure what are the pros/cons of the different companies.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-28-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
JFree,

If you are looking into getting a SOLID replacement for your tower, I would suggest that you look into Monster Towers. Pretty much everyone on these boards will support these guys, because they have the most incredible customer support out there. They will literally overnight parts to you if anything goes wrong.

We had a Monster Tower on our old boat, and were very pleased. Besides the occasional tightening, and one freak incident involving a basketball goal, the tower was great. I would say for looks that it would be in my top 5, but there are probably a few "neater" looking towers, though I would say that the monster is easily the most functional. Being able to fold it down with one personal is huge plus. Also, the 3" piping is VERY good quality and looks stock.
Old    jolly_roger_wake            09-28-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
i 2nd the monster tower.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-28-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
You have a malibu wakesetter? I think if insurance covers the cost of any tower, I would go with a Titan or skylon just because that is who made towers for them on those boats. They fit the lines a lot better than the monster. But the monster is definately a good choice if they only cover $1500 of the cost.
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-28-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
JFree, at least look at this site www.samsonsports.com
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-28-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
OEM for sure. See if you can get a skylon chubby or whatever they are
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-28-2006, 11:33 AM Reply   
titan one
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-28-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
13th Floor.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-28-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
guys...at least try to help him out...posting just names does absolutely nothing for anyone in the market that needs info.

(I was this person three years ago.)
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-28-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeair.com/

Great tower, also great people and service. Talk with Brian, knows his stuff.
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-28-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
If you have a bu the Titan 1 or 2 is a great choice. They are very rigid and quiet. I also like the simplicity of the design and with only one joint they collapse easily and there are few bars to block your line of sight. If you purchase it from wakeside.com I'm pretty sure the series 1 is $1200.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-28-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
I will second Samson Sports Towers. Excellent product and exceptional customer service.........
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-28-2006, 1:53 PM Reply   
Sorry, I thought everyone knew about Google?
Not for short wallets: http://13thfloortowers.com/
Old     (calcio)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-29-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys...I guess I'll have to see what ins says. The worst part about it is that I need to get gel coat work done as well as get a new cover. I'm hoping ins. will cover that as well.
I noticed no one said anything about Pro flight...Are they not a good company to deal with?

(Message edited by calcio on September 29, 2006)
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-29-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
Jeff,
Pro Flight is local to you located in Modesto and would be a good choice for your tower also. You could take a look at what they have to offer. Fiber Glass Fixations located in Modesto could also do your fiberglass repair and install the tower of your choice. Give Jason a call 569-0763 at Fiberglass Fixations.
Good luck,
Jim
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       09-29-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
Im with Chas on this one! Call Brian with http://www.wakeair.com/ . Every boat I have owned with a tower has been a Wakeair tower!! They make great stuff, and are great people. Check them out!
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-30-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
also agree with the wakeair recommendation. it's solid, different styles to choose, all the accessories you could want and great service. (price has gone up since we bought ours though.) brian is straight up with you, no high pressure sales pitch... their place is close to a place which does custom bimini tops as well.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-30-2006, 12:42 PM Reply   
boss towers. best accesories and they are located in rancho cordova. good turn around time and many different tower choices. bimini fits inside tower and all the accesories are solid billit.
Old    bluz            10-01-2006, 7:04 AM Reply   
I have been looking for a waketower and I had a lot of recommendations for the big air pylon http://www.bigairpylons.com/Tower.htm. I have not decided on what to buy yet but thanks for those who commented it really helps. One question I have is there a big difference in the towers that are priced at $900 and those priced at $2000?
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-01-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
hey curt,I have a big air pylon on my mastercraft looks good and very sturdy dont think you will go wrong with any name brand