Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       03-26-2008, 7:11 PM Reply   
I have never wakeboarded before, but am going to start this year. I have made the first purchase, a new 22SSV Supra.
Some people have recommended beginner/intermediate boards (CWB Sol, CWB Faze, CWB Pure, Hyp State, Hyp Motive, etc).
Some have recommended getting a pro board and not waste money on a beginner board.
I want a board that will be fun to learn on and fun afterward. My wife will be learning too and will likely stay at the beginner level.
Any thoughts would be great. Boards and binding recommendations are appreciated.
Old     (hyperliteguy_04)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-26-2008, 7:17 PM Reply   
I started boarding this last summer and started on the hyperlite state.I love it the board is great and really nice to learn on. I'm really looking forward to to riding it again this summer. So in my opinion I'd start with the state. But your going to love wakeboarding no matter what you do. Prepare to be addicted my friend.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-27-2008, 6:54 AM Reply   
Liquid Force TRIP

and

Hyperlite Motive
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-27-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
Buy the best stuff you can get. I wouldn't waste the time or money on beginner boards. I would recommend a board that has molded in fins like the Hyperlite Premier. You can ride with the center fin for a more locked in feel and you can take it out for a looser feel. I started out with a beginner board and I was ready to scrap it after 3 trips out.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-27-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
I would recommend the Motive. I picked one up last summer and have had a lot of fun with it since. I think someone just starting out would appreciate it.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-27-2008, 8:02 AM Reply   
The reason I always say the Trip is for the same reasons Clay mentioned about outgrowing quickly. It is a very user friendly board and if you watch Keith Lymens section in Push Process he absoultly KILLS it on the Trip. If that doesn't vouch for the board nothing will.
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-27-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
The Trip is definitely a good shape. It has been around forever. I remember when it was the definitive pro model for LF. That was when Shane and Necrasson were killing it on the Trip. Necrasson had a killer section in a video called Monkey on a String where he was doing huge double grabs way out into the flats on a Trip. The trip also has the customability to ride with different fin options with the 6 removeable fins.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-27-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
The new Trip has replaced the 4 outside removeable cupped fins with molded in versions, the center fin, of course, is still an option but I recommend not using it.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-27-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
Clay- that 2001 Premier with the clown thingy on the bottom is probably the best graphic ever put on a board, loved that thing!
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
Might consider the 07 3DS on http://www.boardersbestbuy.com/ for $139!!

(Message edited by pfort on March 27, 2008)

(Message edited by pfort on March 27, 2008)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-27-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
i second patrick... that is if you think you like the characteristics of the board

if you want to read some reviews on it check this pagehttp://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard7.asp?ProductID=3064
it is actually the reviews for the 2006 edition but it is the same shape and this one has more reviews on it for you to read.

if you don't like that one then i also raise another thumb for the trip for all the reasons said. i will add this comment about the trip--> it has been used as a womens pro model too (so it will be good for your wife too.) and the board's design has been drawn upon multiple times to pattern new shapes for LF, such as Lyman's new board to name one.

there may be a slight chance the trip will come up on boardersbest buy too, but that might be more of a gamble with your time than you want to take}
Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       03-27-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
Just bought a 2007 Hyperlite Murray 142 with LF Alpha boots. Got a great price and the boots are comfortable. Tried on many types/brands, and these fit the best.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-27-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
Sounds awesome
congrats
Enjoy, both of ya
Old     (wakekid72501)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-30-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
i started wakeboarding a couple of summers ago on a obrien edge 138 with obrien base bindings