Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-01-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
In michigan looking to start boarding as soon as the ice melts. I see the adrenaline drysuit is pretty cheap. Is this a quality suit? Also is it good to allow multiple people to used your drysuit? I have a crew and we are all simimlar in size and were all thinking about chipping in to brace the icey temps
Old     (paublo)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-01-2012, 11:58 AM Reply   
I think that it is the best bang for the buck out there. Mine made it thru 5 seasons before having a leg seal replaced and everyone used it. How long it lasts will depend on how well it is taken care of.
Old     (816)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-01-2012, 4:57 PM Reply   
check ebay, I just bought an Oneil boost for $350 w/shipping on by it now.
it arrived friday. I was on the lake saturday. Finally back to work today after a bad spill.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-01-2012, 7:31 PM Reply   
I'm totally happy with the Adrenaline suit. 2 seasons in and it still works like new.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-02-2012, 6:45 PM Reply   
Hijack... On a scale of 1 to cold how good are drysuits compared to wetsuits? How cold will you guys ride in a dry suit? I've rode in my 4/3 wetsuit down to about mid 40s and been fairly comfortable. Will a drysuit push that much lower?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-02-2012, 7:32 PM Reply   
Cory, drysuits dont keep you warm, they keep you dry. So it all depends on what you wear underneath. So with sweatpants and a sweatshirt underneath you can get pretty hot after a decent sesh.

I think it comes down to personally preference whether someone likes a drysuit or a wetsuit. I have tried both and I prefer a wetsuit handsdown. The wetsuit is definitely tougher to put on (I have a chest zip) and I sit around in a wetsuit after, but I have so much more mobility which helps a ton. BUT this is because I wakeskate and wakesurf. I need more leg mobility than wakeboarding. If I was strapped in, a drysuit would be the way to go.
But I use my wetsuit in water that's in the low 40s and I feel very comfortable. A good suit makes a big difference. Cheap suits are a waste of money if you are in cold water.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-03-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
I cant see how a wetsuit can have more flexibility than a drysuit.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-03-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
Sparky,
Try wakeskating with a drysuit. It is awkward because of how baggy it is. The material between your legs gets in the way when you do shuvits and stuff.
But like i said, for wakeboarding where you dont need to move your feet, a drysuit would be the way to go.

Also, with a good wetsuit you feel naked. You are completely free.
Old     (andrewsnb)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-03-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Hey Bob,

Let me know if you are still looking for a suit. I work for a shop here in Canada and we ship drysuits down the states all the time. We carry the O'Neill Boost, Assault and the Bare Ultra Dry. We are competitively priced and have a US price matching policy. Let me help you find a suit!

Have a look at the suits we carry here!!!

Toll Free - 1-866-955-0917

andrew@shuswapsnb.com

Andrew
Shuswap Ski & Board
Facebook
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-04-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
I have the Bare. Dry suits rule! Once you get used to the feeling and the neck seal, man I love them. You can just wear jeans and a Tshirt under them if you want. We live in canada and they are just part of wakeboarding for us.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-04-2012, 12:54 PM Reply   
And I got mine from Shusawp above, the service was great and they were $100 less the the other shops.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-04-2012, 10:03 PM Reply   
my friend wakeskates in a drysuit all the time, he used to wear a couple of wetsuits and the water was still unbearable in the cold, and a lack of mobility. but i know someone who likes to where a wetsuit too. so, yeah like mitch was saying definitely personal preference

here is an old video of him wakeskating in the winter a couple of year back. with all the wesuit he would put on.
Old     (andrewsnb)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-06-2012, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
And I got mine from Shusawp above, the service was great and they were $100 less the the other shops.
Thanks for the kind words. We do our best to help!

Cheers,

Andrew
Shuswap Ski & Board
Facebook
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-12-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
If you are actually in cold water a drysuit beats a wetsuit easily and every time, no contest. A wetsuit requires you to warm up the water that runs into it, Once you get up it drains out, you go down it comes in cold again and so on and so on. A drysuit keeps you dry and warm since your body does not have to warm up the cold water. You can adjust how many layers you wear under it. A drysuit will work into the 30's but you just won't be able to get a crew.

Jump in the water in a wetsuit and you feel that cold water seeping in all over the place....brrrrrrrrrr

Bam,
I ski with Brian/Footclan sometimes. Thats why Brian went to a drysuit, Zac too. They saw me warm and happy no matter the temp. We use Barefoot International suits because they generally last a long time if you take care of them. I think he had some trouble with a repair taking a long time though. My drysuit has lasted 9/10 winters so if I divide the cost by the years --I have no problem paying 40-50 bucks a season to be warm and dry when its cold. I just ski barefoot 12 months a year every year. I prefer the sun to be out, skiing in the cold with fog or clouds is a drag and mentally cold.