Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-07-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
I had to sell my boat summer before last for financial reasons and miss surfing horribly. But I have come across an older "ski" boat for a really good price but since I surf mostly I wanted to make sure it was do-able....
Its really low profile, like most all the older ski boats, I was concerned with the fact of if I could weight it down enough to get a surfable wake with out water coming over the side...Any experience or suggestions??? I have a very limited cash supply I can spend so this is a really good deal or me..
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-07-2009, 8:27 AM Reply   
Help me out guys..Surely there is someone out there who surfs behind an older ski boat...
Old    surfdad            01-07-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
sid7, help us out. IMO, with a change in equipment you can surf any wake. Is walking a longboard acceptable to you as a form of wakesurfing? Or are you only content with boosting and you weight 275 pounds? :-)

Upload
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-07-2009, 9:40 AM Reply   
ok...thanks
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-07-2009, 3:52 PM Reply   
The Comp doesn't have much freeboard if I am remembering correctly. Some of the other Supra models may suit you better. The Rider, Marauder, Sunsport, Saltare, and Santera all have very deep freeboard. Widen your search to include those. I had a Direct Drive Malibu Sunsetter and we had a lot of fun surfing it.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-07-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
I left out the Supra Beast too.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-09-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
Here is link to SN2001 weighting, might be able to use setup for an older Supra or Bu

http://www.the2001.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1140