Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-07-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
I have a boat I need to get from WI to Cali? The gas each way would be around 600 dollars, so I figure I in the neighborhood of shipping (not to mention work lost, time, convenience, etc).

Has anyone done this? If so, can you offer me a referral to a service you were happy with? Price? Any extra info or insight is much appreciated.
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-07-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
I have never used them, but you may want to check out:

www.uship.com

They are not a shipper; just a service that provides a platform for multiple shippers to give you bids on you shipment. It seems like a good # of folks have used their services.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-07-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
Osborne Inboard Transport... http://osborneinboardtransport.com I think. Nice guys that are out of KY and do a great job. They'll give you a free quote so it can't hurt to ask.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-08-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
Thanks guys!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-08-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
my guess is it will be much more than $600
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-08-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
I used Uship in January to find someone to pull my boat from Seattle to Atlanta. I had quotes from 1300 to 5000 to do it. Most of the people had no feedback so I went with a guy that had 47 excellent feedbacks. He did it for 2500$, he towed the boat. I tried to get it shipped enclosed trailer but it was too much trouble to arrange a method of getting the thing loaded and off loaded. He went south to miss the weather, the boat wasn't even that dirty when I received it. It took about a week to get it.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-08-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
Sammy Orr Trucking in TN, OUTSTANDING!

(865) 856-2854

Tows for all the factories as well.
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-08-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
May be you should just invite some one from the midwest out for spring ride...
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-08-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
^Its an open offer LOL.

The inboard only shipping place in Kentucky quoted 3300, I wont pay that much but if I can get a quote from 2k (or less) I will go that route, otherwise I will drive it myself.
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       03-08-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
3 years ago I shipped mine from Michigan to Orlando, FL for $925 with expresstransporters.com. With this site you are able to post what you need to transport for free and there are 3rd party transporters that log in and give you a quote. The trick is to find someone near where your boat and needs/wants to get back to where your boat will be delivered. My guy was about 3 hours from the pick up location and wanted to get back to his house in FL for the holiday's. He called me up and we worked the deal. It was either pull my boat back and get paid or drive to FL without getting paid at all. I was nervous but we signed a contract and he sent me his insurance. He showed up at my front door with my boat and his old pick up truck. The boat made it safe and sound. My quotes ranged from $925 to $2k. It worked great for me. Good luck.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-09-2007, 6:42 AM Reply   
I shipped my boat from Seattle to Minneapolis last year- they wrapped it- you MUST DO THIS or your boat will take a huge beating, then they put it on a flatbed - trailer and all and sent it across the US. It cost $3,000 , but it was worth it.
Old     (toneus)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-09-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
No, you DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS!

I researched this same feat last year, but decided that I would tow my boat from CA to GA myself. There are things you can do, like putting liquid detergent on the bug impact zones. There are all kinds of tips out there. Use Google to search for them.

http://forums.uship.com/Topic2417-23-1.aspx#bm3363

Drive it yourself. Enjoy the country you live in.