Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-05-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
I ride at 70' and ride at 27 MPH behind a stock LSV with manual wedge down and the wake is breaking about 2 feet behind me. I think my perfect pass is off by 3-4 MPH. How fast do you people ride at 70' behind a calibrated wakesetter.

Thanks a ton!

P.s. I would calibrate it, but my dad doesn't want to go through the trouble.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-05-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
22-23 GPS verified. 27 is way to fast.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-05-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
So how do you re calibrate your perfect pass to the right speed? Is it easy and quick or does it take longer than 5 minutes?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-06-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
its easy.... takes 2 minutes once you find out how many MPH you are off. PP manual explains it better, but here is what i know.

Get/borrow a GPS, set your PP at 20 mph and see how off your speed is from the GPS. in your case you may be +3 or 4. from there you stop, turn off your PP, and go to the menu and calibrate the speed by -3 or however much you were off.

less than 5 minutes total time and you are done.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-06-2007, 2:51 PM Reply   
this may have no relevance to you, but if your on a body of water that is moving (river) you may nto get an accurate reading b/c of the current.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-06-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
damn im on the willamette river which has a current.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-06-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
BTW adam nice boat
Old     (justin311)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-06-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
adam that boat is bad a$$. i tried calibrating my pp this weekend and had troubles. mine is off big time. from what i have read i think i know what i did wrong. i was trying to calibrate it while the pp was set and running down the lake. obviously you have to stop turn it off and then calibrate. is this correct?
Old     (justin311)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-07-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
my paddle wheel was missing some fins. called perfect pass. they told me what to look for.