Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-26-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
heres the first one:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/431658035.html

i have around 15 amplifiers for sale that I want to get rid of today if possible I have a kenwood KAC 8402 and a Kac 8452 I also have 2 1500 watt Zappco Class D amps as well as a four chanel Memphis a 4 chanel JL a 2 chanel sound stream a 4 chanel sound stream Tarantula a 200 watt MTX a 300 Watt Audiobahn a 1200 watt sony explode a 400 watt crunch and many more I also have I have Subwoofers in boxes and out I have 15 pairs of 6" coaxle speakers clarion Marine Kenwood MBCourt Kicker Alpine I have 5 pairs of 6x9's Alpine R's and S's I also have Eclipse and Kicker as well as Kenwood and pioneer 6x9's I have 2 square 10" L7's Solarbaric Subwoofers in a brand new box only $600 I have a nice pioneer Premeer 12" Subwoofer in a sealed box as well as a nice 8" kicker in a sealed box and also a Audiobauhn Bass Tube with cross-over and built in amp. I have a few nice Decks Pioneer, Clarion Marine and Kenwood marine. I also have Liquid Sound Cans for your Wake board Tower with custom clarion marine speakers with chrome MB-B52 grills. I also have a sick Liquid Force wakeboard with LG liquid force boots and bindings (a 1,000 set up yours for 500) and 3 wake surf boards as well as some sick lifejackets (all top shelf, no junk) I also have 1 top of the line HO single ski with venom bindings . Call me I am selling this stuff cheap, I need to make room in my garage. Call Keith at (925) 848-8850 or monkspopy@yahoo.com

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/430495999.html

I need 2 (two) capacitors for a zappco 1500 watt (or 2x750) and another for my sound stream 740 watt 4 chanel or my Kenwood(4X 160 that powers my components and 6x9's in chrome cases on my wakeboard tower, super sick).Any way I can pay or trade what ever...Let me know . I need them ASAP. Give me a call. Not concerned with where they come from. Call me, I'm always available I am "self Employed" Hustlers welcome.(925)848-8850
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-26-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
sounds like somebody might get caught
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-26-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
lol what a hustler
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-26-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
must be all the stuff thats been gettin ganked in disco huh?
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-26-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
I love the "not concerned where they come from" and "self employed hustlers welcome". I wish some of the stuff I lost was on this list, I would be making an appearance.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-26-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
Good lawwd! That's some stolen stuff.

Someone should just go get all the goods back and whoop that kids ass.
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-26-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
I like the second to last sentence in the first ad. "I also have 1 top of the line HO single ski with venom bindings. If you had this amount of ski/wake equipment, you would know it was a slalom ski...
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-26-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
call the guy and show up with the cops
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-26-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
wow
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-26-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
You should report it to the popo
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-26-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
rg,

a hustler (in street lingo) is someone that does whatever it takes to get money. basically, the poster is saying he doesn't care if the equipment he is requesting is stolen. what a stand up guy.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-26-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
What an ass !!!
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-26-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
anyone called him yet? Anyone on the east coast wanna make some calls on the way to work tommorow? He'll be recieveing his new daily reminder from the men of plagirl at his email address every day.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-26-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
He should be Wenzeled!
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-26-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
all that stuff has to be jacked. I wish someone would teach those punks a lesson
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-26-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
he has been reported.

i know there are some guys here that have had goods stolen i have notified those that I know of. and One of the customers in our shop is a SJPD so they will also be notified. hopefully somebody gets prosecuted. I sure hate hearing that guys have there stuff stolen. I wanted everybody on here to know about it as well. We should stand together and not stand for that kinda crap!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-26-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
Maybe if the stuff is turns out to be jacked WW members in the area should organize a candle light blanket party for this a-hole.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-26-2007, 10:43 PM Reply   
what area is he from? anybody do the leg work yet?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-27-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
I think Andy is on it. Andy, you know it would be pretty funny to roll up on this guy and jack him for his jacked stuff! LOL. I would be down depending on work. Then maybe we could have a "robin hood" party of sorts, and look through all the recent WW threads involving theft and hand the stuff out to anyone who lost something. LOL. Pretty crazy idea, but pretty funny as well. I can see the conversation between him and his buddies now: "hey dog, you ever unload that shizz we jacked, nah man, two honkies came by and jacked it from me".

LOL, just a joke, but it would be kinda cool, in a Boondock Saints kind of way.

I dunno, would that be good karma, bad karma, or just a net 0 karma factor? lol.

(Message edited by liquidmx on September 27, 2007)
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-27-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
People like that just need a good ole fasion ass kickin' imo
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-27-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
guys he is in the bay area pittsburg antioch,

that is very close to discovery bay so any of you that have had stuff or know disco people who have had stuff u guys need to get the word out, this is not goign to last long this kind sold on craigslist everyday and it will all move fast im sure they are taking what they can get. Im glad everybody is reading this get the word out asap!
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-27-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
Recently I was at Warlocks in Rancho and they were talking about a theft that had happened to aguy who was having an install done. The guy had had his system stolen and they traced it back to this guy in the Antioch/Pittsburg, CA. His system was stolen from a boat storage in the valley.

Anyway, a guy in Philedelphia bought a full set of Bullets on Ebay and got everything but the 8 pin plug. He realized the tower speakers were from Bullet so he called them. They put one and one together and figured out this guy unwittingly bought a stolen set of Bullets on Ebay. They tried to trace it back and got as far as that the Ebay guy was from Antioch/Pittsburg, CA. Its still under investigation.... In the meantime, the guy that had his Bullets stolen was getting a new set installed ala insurance company.

I can't believe these guys are brazen enough to advertise goods on craigslist locally.

If I ever had stuff stolen, I would be eyeing Ebay and craigslist. That is where all stolen goods are fenced.

(Message edited by stewart on September 27, 2007)
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-27-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
my buddys shop recently had some stuff stolen from his yard that could be the same ring.

we are suspicious as well. this is not something worth putting up with I wont buy anythign suspected stolen no matter how good a deal!
Old     (hiexpo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-27-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
Yah no one has that kinda stuff just hanging around in there garage and wants to get rid of it and claims how sick it is. What an Idiot and to say the least a thief
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-28-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
Ok so i emailed the guy as soon as i saw the ad to see if he's respond and damned if he didn't respond today! Here's what he said as well as pics he sent. To not be too suspicious i asked only about the wakesurf stuff. Except to resize, i've posted the pics exactly as he sent them to me.

"I have 2 wake surf boards both are Mint and a wake board it's mint I also have tower speakers as well as stereo equipment amps speakers marine deck ect ect ectI also have a few trick lifejackets as well as a wakeboarding pole a few wake board racks a re-view miror all chrome. I also have a couple killer boarding ropes and a surfing rope paint ball gun"

Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by razzman on September 28, 2007)
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-28-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
This stuff has to be stolen I mean hell if he can afford all of this crazy $h|t why can't he afford to clean his damn carpet ?
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       09-28-2007, 11:37 PM Reply   
I love how everyone automatically assumes this stuff is stolen, without any indication other than the sheer volume of items. Yes, it seems very suspicious, but for all you know these items were purchased legally from a wholesale auction, from a friend, etc. I think it would be wise to inform the PD, see if they can pay him a visit, and step away. No sense in getting involed with something like this, unless you can prove these are your posessions.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       09-28-2007, 11:43 PM Reply   
On that note, this is why you should engrave your name, or a serial number on every valuable, easily stolen item you have.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-29-2007, 6:14 AM Reply   
Montgomery, that is a concrete floor
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-29-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
yes but a very dirty concrete floor
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-29-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
It looks like stained concrete. A friend of mine has thier entire house done in stained concrete.
Old     (bobbynipper)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-02-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
sofa is nasty!!!
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-02-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
The listing has been removed by the poster... huh strange. He must have sold out already... NOT! I am gonna "jump" to the conclusion that he got busted. He has a large list of expensive goods, but for some reason he knows very little about them. That to me shows some signs of some unlawful doings. But he is probably just a boy scout leader needing to make some extra room in the garage for girl scout cookies...
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-02-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
LOL good one T-bag
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-02-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
what a chode
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-02-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
I actually talked to this guy on Saturday morning just before heading to the lake. I'd bugged the crap outta him for board sizes, specifics and prices until he sent me emails with pics and prices.

After talking to him i'm fairly convinced this stuff is hot. He has no clue what sizes the boards are or anything else other to say that they serial numbered and "special"! Come on, where else are you going to get Shred Stixx boards for $200?! Oh yeah, he has two of them in new condition! So why is one sitting in the rafters hiding? Notice all the "goods" in the background?

If anyone has reason to believe this is their stuff and can convince me then pm me. I do have his phone number, well at least it worked Saturday. I'm not going to randomly give it out as this just may be legit and just maybe he really is a dumbass like he sounds.

Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by razzman on October 02, 2007)
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-02-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
I see board racks of different brands which probably means for different boats. Someone needs to find this guy and open a can up.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-02-2007, 9:07 PM Reply   
sorry but if you own a shred stix you should you what your talking about. its hot, and i hope someone gets that sweet stix back.
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-04-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
Theres no way a lf omega w/ lf fusions is worth $1000.00 New. You can go to pretty much any shop and fing it for around $500.00 new. This guy doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-04-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
i called him and left a message a couple days ago -- never received a return call...
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-04-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
I actually tried to turn the smuck in but the PD/leos where he claimed to live and meet me made it so damned hard i just gave up. It's almost like they didn't give a damn.
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-04-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
POPO around here dont care about thefts honestly you can pretty much go steal what you want or steal it back and they wont bother doing had a set of custom ordered custom wheels on a honda civic a few years ago. I was living in kansas when i got them so its not like you can even go get them. well car gets stripped in my driveway. I call POPO they wont do anything about it even come out. well 3 weeks later i see the wheels on a car in a used car lot in another county. Yes i knew they where mine but I had no serial numbers on them.

they were unwilling to do anything about it. Very frustrating. Police department is about as useless as on a bull when it comes to stolen property, mostly because they are too busy with writing seatbelt tickets! haha.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-04-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
I've had similar experiences with reporting stolen stuff. Writing speeding tickets is easy money compared to actually busting real criminals.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-04-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
If it were my stuff, this would get personal. Cops aren't going to do anything unless you know someone.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-04-2007, 2:25 PM Reply   
You got it buddy and damned if i didn't try and help out the unfortunate only to be shifted around so much by the man that i said F*** IT! and gave up. Oh well i tried.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-07-2007, 2:15 AM Reply   
my two buddies smith and wesson do all the investigating for me. Sometimes winchester tags along too
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-07-2007, 4:59 AM Reply   
Cops won't do anything about this, because there isn't enough to prove wrong doing. Unless someone steps forward and reports the property that this guy has is stolen and can prove it's theirs, then you really don't have alot.

We all know, including the cops, that this guy's a crook, but it's unlikely that any of the property is even reported stolen and if it is it probably isn't trackable
Old     (boardindelta)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-14-2007, 12:36 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure this guy has stuff stolen from my boat in Antioch. He names amps and subs that were on my boat before it was broken into. They were stolen a little more than a week before this was posted to craigslist.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-14-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
Amber sorry to hear that. Maybe you should get some homeboys together, call this guy and go see if the stuff is yours. If so you should take it back from him.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-14-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Just goes to show that you need to have serials from amps and other serialized items recorded and have them available to the police when you make a report of your stuff being stolen. Like Jeff said, this stuff is probably stolen, but it has to be "traceable", which means you need to have some way to prove that it was yours, not just assuming it is. Having the serial numbers would sure make that a lot easier. Yea, looks pretty suspicious to me too. I has stuff stolen before. I made a police report and gave them the serial number of the amp that was stolen, and they entered it into the system. The only reason I got it back was because some cop in another city stopped some dude, ran the serial number on an amp he had, and I got a phone call, and eventually my amp back. Does not always work for things like vests, etc, but like someone earlier said, even inscribing a name or license number on it, you could probably prove it was yours.

Thieves SUCK!
Old     (boardindelta)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-14-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
Tell me about it. Too bad its so easy for these guys to get away with this stuff here - and so hard to get the cops to do anything about it, with or without evidence.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-14-2007, 10:39 PM Reply   
ya we could find out way more about this guy. i live in pittsburg right now those trash cans arent from here all of ours are pittsburg disposal green. looks like old town if its antioch....
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-14-2007, 11:19 PM Reply   
i love it how he's so cocky any updates??? otherwise let's catch this jerk.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-15-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
The Cops don't care anyway. A buddy was at the local grocery store this past weekend. 3 clowns in a Saturn, pull up to his truck and proceed to steal the tail gate. Several people witness this, even write down the license plate number, descriptions, etc. There's even a video cam from the parking lot. Cops basically showed, wrote everything down, and said they would "stop" by the car owners house, but if the tailgate wasn't still sitting in the car with a bright red bow on it, there was lil they could or would do. The stack isn't in your favor, unless you get the work down yourself.....
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-15-2007, 10:21 AM Reply   
around here you damn near have to kill someone before the cops will give 2 $h|ts about it
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-15-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
Yeah my next door neighbor had three punks break into their house. They cleaned out all electronics and valuables. I caught them and took their license plate number down and descriptions before they took off. Cops showed up and I gave them all information I had. They said they would visit the house to inquire and they didn't even follow up on that. No arrests no nothing. I had everything they needed including fingerprints on window to arrest but I guess they only care if someone gets murdered.
Old     (deltamud)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-15-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
Of course if this were a cops board, amp, etc.; it would be top priority.
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-15-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
you could always steel a cops boat stereo and dump it in this guys side yard and say you saw it at his house.

(Message edited by sanddragon2004 on October 15, 2007)
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-16-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
I love how everyone is blaming the cops for not doing nothing. Unfortunately there are rules called the Constitution that have been in place for years which makes getting stolen property back very very very hard. Not saying when they are on video or you have solid leads that there isn't a way to follow it up, and sure you can find ways around almost anything if you want to take the risk of losing your job, however in the case of stolen property the rules favor the As-hats who steal all the stuff. All they have to do is keep it in their house and you need a search warrant......however getting a search warrant requires alot of details that you usually don't get from just a theft, judges want evidence before the send you rummaging through people's residences. REally that situation is right about the bow somewhat. If it wasn't sitting out in plain view he can't exactly go searching without a warrant. I am not making excuses for anyone as I don't have all the details on each situation, however its easy to know its your stuff and come to a conclusion that this guy is obviously a theif. I mean it's plain as day. However proving that he stole all that stuff beyond a reasonable doubt)is the hard part especially in this liberal society. For crying out loud even if the have a gun in hand they still win cases.

Like most said alot of people don't mark their stuff, or keep records of serial numbers. I know this all so well. Leaves the police handcuffed. There is NOTHING we can do in that situation. All defense lawyers have to do is explain how many of those amps were sold and just say well that means there are 100 other people who could have given it to him. We all know probably not likely. Serial numbers are in most cases not good enough as thief's know to deface them, so put something personal on there as well like an engraving or etch. Also take pics of all your stuff inside you vehicle house garage. Makes it easier to get reimburssed by insurance company to show you did have it. Also good for court as well.} I understand you want the police to do something as it seems they should, but quite honestly the best they can do without hard evidence is just go knock on the door and have a friendly chat and ask did you steal an amp. Uh geeze what answer should I give.

As to if it were the cops board,amp,stereo it would be priority quote. Sure because we don't like losing, but I can pretty much guarantee I would do all my leg work out of uniform NOT GETTING PAID So you should take some initiative too if you think it is your stuff. Go there take pics Can't dispute hard evidence. Make sure you get a pic of his house, address, and stuff. and if you can one of him, but that ain't gonna be easy.

(Message edited by xstarrider on October 16, 2007)
Old     (kcampos)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-16-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
I was waiting for that email when a cop finally read this and feels he has to defend is peps. Just face it the cops only get involved if it's worth there time and i think thefts like this they consider a big waste of time
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-16-2007, 1:46 PM Reply   
Well let's see; I called the Antioch PD where the scum supposedly lives and tried to report it. The first person says;

"oh we don't do that here, have you tried this number?"

nope, can you connect me? No? that's ok so i tried that number.

"Uh sorry we don't deal in boat thefts here, you need to call this number"

but it wasn't the boat, it was stuff in it.

"doesn't matter it's still a boat".

Can you connect me?

"Nope, call the number"

No answer so i left a message. I get a call back 12 hours later only to hear "Nope we don't deal with that either, you need to call this number"

Can you connect ... never mind...

At that point is where i gave up trying to help out my fellow boaters because they obviously didn't care or want to help.

What's wrong with this picture? I called the number for "Report a Crime" to be shuffled off to "Robbery", back to the original number and passed on to some chicken s*&! "Street Crimes" something or other "if-i-can-put-down-my-doughnut-i-might-help-you" department.

Is it any wonder nobody trust cops to help us out? And before anyone says "that's not fair" or "well that's the system" then maybe they should take a look at the F'd up system and do something about it, especially if some A-hole thief can steal your stuff and laugh in your face!

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Nobody cares and imo you're better off dealing with it yourself if you can catch 'em, during or after.
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-16-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
sadly, the system WE ALL have put in place to protect the innocent, also protects the guilty. All of us are fault for this... we voted. Although I agree with most of what you are saying Razzman, you yourself gave up instead of sticking it through. Just like the cops that we are so pissed off at...
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-16-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
Sorry, but if your blaming the Cops for the insane laws, that lawyers and politians have enacted and handcuffed them with-no support-your not very intune with society today. What you fail to grasp is, the Cops simply aren't wasting their time to go after someone when they don't have enough to "convict." It's a waste of time, our taxes, etc. It's not right, but it ain't their fault. It's your local lawyers, judges, and above ALL-the guy next to you who was on the jury who let OJ walk. That's right, average Joe has seen fit to allow criminals-more rights than those who do the right thing. Welcome to the real world, and this ain't the MTV version either.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-16-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
Let me say this T-bag; At what level do you say enough is enough and you give up in frustration? Before anybody slams me for giving up during a work day where i do actually have to work, who else tried to follow through with this?

This personal endeavour i took on to try and help a fellow boater encompassed a week and a half trying to get the guy to respond, answering emails, talking to him via cell phone and actually setting up a proposed meet at the Martinez boat ramp to try and snare him. I was going to check out a board, take pictures, license, etc. and turn it over to the cops. Unfortunately he bugged out and never answered the phone again.

To whomever lost their stuff i'm sorry i gave up on ya ...

As for blaming the cops for the laws, i don't. I blame them for not caring enough to actually try and assist as they obviously could have cared less. And yes i'm sure they see this all the time and have more important things to do. Like i said the system is screwed up.
Old     (deltamud)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
Swatguy, I am not trying to give you a hard time but your reply confuses the hell out of me. You go on and on about constitutional rights,No argument there. Then you say cops hate to lose, and you would do all the legwork out of uniform and without pay. What exactly would you do that is any different than in uniform and with pay? Again not trying to give you a hard time, but your reply seems to reinforce the frustration a lot of people have about a lack of effort.
Old     (deltamud)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
Swatguy, I am not trying to give you a hard time but your reply confuses the hell out of me. You go on and on about constitutional rights,No argument there. Then you say cops hate to lose, and you would do all the legwork out of uniform and without pay. What exactly would you do that is any different than in uniform and with pay? Again not trying to give you a hard time, but your reply seems to reinforce the frustration a lot of people have about a lack of effort.
Old     (vdriverider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-16-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
Okay great job encouraging thieves to keep doing what they do. Heres a solution or maybe a deterrent or maybe something to make the cops care. A silent alarm that goes off in my bedroom and good ol Smith and Wesson.
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-16-2007, 9:57 PM Reply   
What happened to the original topic?
Old     (boardindelta)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-17-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
Jason, I think it is all part of the original topic. Stolen stuff and what do we do about it. Anyway, so my insurance did give my money to replace my stuff so at least they came through for us. I have the craiglist's guys full name and address but I don't think there is much I can do with it. We had a truck stolen along with ID and check book a couple years ago, had good evidence of who it was (video, their address that was wrote on one of stolen checks, phone #, fingerprints...) but we couldn't get anyone to do anything about it. If they could have at least listened and pretended like they had some interest it wouldn't have been so irritating. Then there was the problem that it was stolen in Antioch and taken to Pittsburg, neither city would do anything because it was the responsibility of the other city... Anyway, we all could go on and on about our experiences I'm sure. But I know for a fact that its not like this everywhere. So don't try to tell me that there is nothing that could be done different to protect people from these crimes or at least prosecute those that do these crimes.
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-17-2007, 10:27 AM Reply   
I have had the same thing so many times. I recently had my truck broken into. when i called my insurance company to report the items stolen they said they didnt need a police report because 9times out of 10 they dont do anything anyways so its not required by them.

on 3 different occasions in 3 different cities i have had my vehicles valdalized and the only time that an officer botherd to come by was when i told the phone agent i planned to stake out my yard with a 12guage. I actually got an officer to my house about 15 mins after i made that call.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-17-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
Joe,

what I mean is that it is easier for a citizen to actually go and get proof and do follow up as certain rules don't go into place for normal joe. The laws are in your favor. That is why I would go in plain clothes on my own time. Again that was in the situation that it was my stuff stolen As some stated it would be different. the difference is is that I know that as an officer its next to impossible to get to the bottom of a situation like this. It would go nowhere fast if I tried to ascertain details as a police officer. A citizen has a better chance of getting up close and seeing the things in question and forming conclusions in these situations. Without a search warrant you really can't do anything.

You really think he is gonna let a uniformed OFFICER into his place to look at stolen stuff you must be on crack, but he will obviously let average joe come check it out with $$ in hand.

Just implying that there are more rules in place ,against officers, to prevent a police officer from furthering an investigation.} Common sense isn't so common among politicians and the liberal media....... that is how F'd our system really is

(Message edited by xstarrider on October 17, 2007)
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-17-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
andy thats pretty sad. with these cops making good jack they should do more. thats why theres a lot of theft. people who steal this stuff know cops dont care. there too busy chilling at the local starbucks talking about the bonuses there going to get. just kidding. i do respect what policemen do. just giving swatguy a hard time.
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-17-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
swatguy please dont take anything personal. I am sure there are lots of good hardworking officers on the streets, and im sure you are stripped of alot of powers due to beaurocray.

I wish u guys had more power to do your job. It might make u guys less likely to bust peoples ass for petty stuff to get the big bad criminals.

of course im all about everybody carrying firearms and legalizing concealed wepons what do i know? haha.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-17-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
Amber, your story reminds me of a situation I ran into last year. Somebody, somehow stole my cc # and ran up a bunch of charges out of state. I called my local cops, they said i had to file a report in Nevada, where the charges took place. I called Nevada, they said, no, you need to file in the town you live.

Back and forth, back and forth. Not to mention that my credit union made me call the places where the charges were made to ask them to refund, which they flatly denied. It was all a huge mess, and such a PITA, I hope it never happens again...
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-17-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
BONUSES!!! Are you freak'n kidding. Unlike similar educated people in the work force, in 12 years I NEVER GOT A BONUS. My bonus was getting a new patrol car every two or three years(that I got to share with three or four other guys).

The only only reason cops get paid good jack, atleast in CA, is all yall don't want to do the job. If the job overpaid that much, cities wouldn't be hurting so much to fill spots.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-17-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
jeff. i was just kidding. i know policemen have hard jobs. i have three good friends that are cops. thank you for your service.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-18-2007, 6:38 AM Reply   
No problem Ponte, Just alot of people don't realize how actually limited we are. Don't take anything here personal just voicing opinions. there are lazy people everywhere in every job. Just the way it is
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-18-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
"there are lazy people everywhere in every job. Just the way it is"

truer words were never said...