Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old    parkay            05-16-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
In a few hours, I have an opportunity to pick up a '92 205 for about $9K. My question is whether anyone can tell me why the book value (NADA) on a '92 is so much lower (by about $4000) than a '93 or '94? To me, there doesn't seem to be any difference other than engines perhaps. It seems like a great deal to me, but I am nervous there is something fundamentally different on the '92 that would cause the value to be so much less. Any help would be appreciated! (I'm just a few hours away from making the deal)
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-16-2006, 7:37 AM Reply   
not going to be much help here, but it doesn't make sense to me either -- to my knowledge it is the same hull -- i have a 94 w/ the efi eng and love it... but for the price i gave, even if it was carbed, i would still give that for it.. if it is in the 90's, and a MC and not trashed --it should always be worth 9k --even in 10 years... good luck w/ the decision..
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-16-2006, 7:45 AM Reply   
Just going off of memory here, but wasn't the early 1990's considered the 'dark years' by many Mastercraft afficionado's? I'm not sure if it had to do with the financial stability of the company or the QC on the product....like I said, just remembering bits and pieces of conversations with some MC people.

That being said, I have a friend with 1990 Prostar 190 and another with a 1992 205...both are fine boats.
Old    parkay            05-16-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
Thank you very much for your input! Anyone else have any insight why there is such a book value discrepancy between the '92 and other years? I would like to think it's just a glitch in the NADA system, but that is probably naive.

PS- Nice 205, Tickle. It is the same gel coat color scheme as the '92 I am looking at. (Though the '92 has severe oxidation.)
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-16-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
parkay, that one did too... i wet sanded the entire boat except around the decals -- look close
Old    parkay            05-16-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
Looks like it worked out nice. I may be asking you later for tips on how you did it. Thanks again...