Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (crghou)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
I have an 03 Natique that i will probably try and somewhat winterize this weekend. It has not been cold at all down here but with all this other cold weather i dont want it to get below freezing for too long. I printed out the engine manual but it was not to much help. Can anyone give some advice on finding the drain plugs on the boat to get the water out of it.

I am in Houston so we dont see much cold, but just doing it to make sure, i ran the boat last weekend and will probably use it again in a few months after it starts to warm up a little more.

thanks
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-12-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
is it a gt40. If so You have five drain plugs to pull. One on each manifold, two block drains, and a thermostat elbow drain.
Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       01-12-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
Here is some information that might be helpful to you:

http://www.planetnautique.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid= 47&mode=flat&order=0&thold=0
Old     (crghou)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
wow that is pretty cool i didnt see that there.

yeah it is a gt-40

I read through the engine manual but it didnt really say where they were on the engine or what i would have to do to pull them out
Old     (timsown)      Join Date: May 2005       01-13-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
I have an o3 SAN210 and thought that the only engine options were the ZR6 and PCM Excaliber.

Make sure your looking at the right manual.

http://www.planetnautique.com/CorrectCraftManuals/PCM%20Owners%20Manual2.pdf

If your boat is like mine, page 55 will explain were the plugs are. They are brass and just screw out. The hose on the water pump just needs to be pulled and drained by loosening the hose clamp. The plug under the water pump is hard to see, so just feel for it with your hand. All the plugs look alike, but are not the same size. They are made of brass and have a square head on them. I hope this helps.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-14-2008, 5:08 AM Reply   
winters half over
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       01-14-2008, 5:42 AM Reply   
Don't forget the two plugs in the V-drive
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-14-2008, 6:49 AM Reply   
If he has a dripless packing log on it the hose from the vdrive will drain through that automatically.