Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (littlewhopican)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-16-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
when do these boards become available???
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-16-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
Entrust....Thanks a ton dude. What are the boots looking like for this board?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
they are not any boots made for this board, there is the new murray boot and the the 3ds boot has a new name but looks the same
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-16-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
Entrust....you are a dude! Thanks a ton. I was wondering if that was the case being that you can choose from the two Murray boots or the replacement for the 3DS. I am really diggin the Hype gear. So Entrust...since you have a dealer catalogue....who do you work for. In other words...Can I buy Hype gear from you?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
thanks man, glad i can be of help :-)

i work for active water sports we have a full online store www.activewake.com we will have it up for sale as soon as we get it!
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-16-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
any more pictures of boots?
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-16-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
Entrust....when are you getting the Murray's in? Are you going to be getting the Sub6 as well? Let me know, I am definitely interested.
Old     (jpg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 3:42 PM Reply   
Is the D.I.N.E the same shape as the 3ds?
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2007, 4:21 PM Reply   
i believe it is, if not its very similar

we should start getting stuff in oct-nov
Old     (insanityking12)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-16-2007, 10:44 PM Reply   
the DINE is actually called the sub vi.

but.. it is not the same shape as the 3ds, its a bit different
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-17-2007, 12:19 AM Reply   
Thanks Entrust! About Sub VI - i think its not 3ds shape, cause Rustys promodel is 3ds. Two same shapes with continuous rocker in one line it is absurd, i think. Maybe the Sub is reborn of Parks board?(i hope on it) Correct me if im wrong...
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-17-2007, 12:42 AM Reply   
One question Entrust - Int shiping(to Russia) from your store, it is possible?
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-17-2007, 1:02 AM Reply   
"not sure which murray board is which, the catalog wasnt correct, they were are labeled as 132"
He rides on 135. The board is super light!
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-17-2007, 1:06 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-17-2007, 5:09 AM Reply   
Boris...same bottom config for the Sub6 as the 3DS. So they do share the same shape. But what I heard from Hyperlite is that the ride is different because of the materials and they way it is constructed. So it will have a different feel than that of the 3DS. It is an abrupt continous rocker. Thanks for the pic...that is cool.
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-17-2007, 5:38 AM Reply   
Ok, thnks for explanation Scott. just didnt descry the features of Subs on the pic.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-17-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
boris i would have to look into shipping to russia
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-17-2007, 7:14 AM Reply   
thanks for all the pics Sean!!! hope you dont get in trouble! :-)
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-17-2007, 7:34 AM Reply   
Chase.....I agree..hope you don't get into trouble. But with the same token.....this is sure creating a stir for the new up coming product. last year Ronix was all the buzz.....I think Hyperlite will have the buzz, especially with this new Sub6 board. Just wait and see, I guess. Be interesting what Slingshot comes up with too.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-17-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
no trouble here :-) i got clearance to post the stuff :-)
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-17-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
Scott I am with you. I have been on the 3ds all season. If that Sub6 is as light as a honeycomb board I will be all over it. I used to help design and shape boards for surflite wakeboards. They were vacum bagged and cooked in a oven with prepreg and carbon. Back in 94 they came in at about 4.5 so I know it can be done. The owner died in a skydiving crash. So it was to hard to keep it going. JOE UMALI had a board. I know he can test for its weight.
Old    sealyon.net            08-17-2007, 11:03 AM Reply   
Here is the 08 Byerly, & bootsUpload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-17-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
That looks like a full on snowboard boot. Seems really tall.
Old    sealyon.net            08-17-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
Yeah it is tall, but great ankle support
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-01-2007, 11:26 PM Reply   
Anymore pics of the new HYPE gear. I was on vacation for a couple weeks. Gotta see this new stuff. I know in a couple weeks it will all be out in the open.....but sneak peeks are cool. 08 should be a very interesting year for gear....by the looks of things we have sampled already.
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2007, 6:03 AM Reply   
anymore pics yet
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-07-2007, 7:00 PM Reply   
FYI....Murray board weighs 7 lbs. The byerly board actually weighed on a scale at 11 lbs. So Alliance had the wrong info. Thats why they pulled the new 08 byerly off alliancewake. The new Sub6 is stinken light. It has the same shape as the 3DS bottom...so abrupt continous rocker. But the board is carbon fiber. It is going to be awesome. But the Murray is going to rip too. I can not wait to get mine. another FYI on the Murray board....the 135 is the one with the white top deck, the 140 is the grey top deck(mine) and of course the black is the 145. I bet we will see more after the Surf Expo. The new Murray and the Sub6 are made right here in the states.....SSWWWEEEETTTTT! So stoked!
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       09-07-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
Scott,

Don't be fooled by the "carbon top sheet". Adding the "carbon top sheet" can't really lesson the weight of the board that much.

I don't know much about the nova core, but my guess is that it has more to do with the weight than a "top sheet".

Tim
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-08-2007, 4:55 AM Reply   
i think the murray gear is fugly this year..in fact the only gear i care for so far is the imperial byerly and premier...glad i just picked up a pair of 06 murray bindings with an 06 141 premier for under 350 bucks..gotta love ebay...will be checking out the lf/c-dub lineup this year!

11 lbs..isnt that alot....picking up the 07 byerly now and i would guess it weighs 7-8 lbs?
Old     (wakerider143)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-08-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
i was dissapointed in the era, but the old shape is still there and it looks so sick. I was pumped to see the apex was the new era(old shape)
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-08-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
ryan...guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. I like simple graphics. Tired of the tattoo art work and the transformer stuff. It is a wakeboard...not a tat or a robot. Just my opinion. Tim...the top sheet is not the only carbon component. Just have to wait and see I guess. But I did get my information from a very good source. And the Sub6 is definitely lighter than that of the Byerly boards. The Murray board will be real light as well. The fact that they are USA made is incentive enough. Own a china board...the quality is just not the same at all. Top end CWB gear is USA made too. So it would be between the top end Hyperlite vs CWB gear for me. Again, just my opinion. Notice..I said top end gear. The lower or intermediate gear is made over seas. I think ALL bindings are too, no matter what brand you go with.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-08-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
scott-you are correct everyone likes different stuff..whats the new hl sub6 gonna retail for? thats sweet they are being made here..i know all of my bindings say"made in china"...explains why my buddy and i have sent back two pairs of byerlys one set of proofs and one set of murrays this summer.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-08-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
yhea I wish they would make the bindings here in the states too. I have had many things go wrong with my bindings. Never had a problem getting them replaced. But is is getting old. I have replaced my Cells three times. Got a nice nick in my Frontier board. Just had it leaned up against the seat in my boat...fell to the floor and got the nick in the top sheet. My old belmont (usa made..before outsourcing to china) would have not ended up with a nick in it with the same scenario. USA stuff is just better. I heard the Sub6, Murray, The new Premier, and the Imperial will be US made. The Imperial last year was US made. The premier and murray were not. So they are bringing back production to the states. Like most companies....cheap is not always the way to go if your constantly replacing the equipment for customers. Good news is...The bindings will be made overseas, but DC is making them for Hyperlite this year. So the quality should be better. I know the Murray board might look like the old Double up boards....but I was garanteed....it's not the same board. Ryan..the new Sub 6 is going to be pricey. I heard between 800 and 900 bucks retail. also heard it will be a limited production board. They will sell...even for that price. I have talked with someone who has been riding it through the development stages. There simply is no other board that rides like this board. I ordered the Murray 140...but might change my mind once I hear more about the Sub6 getting demoed at the Surf expo this next week. I have rode the 3DS and loved it. So I know I wont be disappointed with the Sub6.
Old     (clearwake)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-08-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
DC isn't making the Hyperlite boots, they're just being made in the same factory...
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-08-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
Your right Scott boards made in the US are just better quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni3tJk6af6I

But I dont understand why would a wake company have a shoe company design wake boots. Shoe's don't get near the abuse the wake boots take. You need engineers to design wake boots. My 2 cents.
Old     (clearwake)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-08-2007, 10:24 PM Reply   
DC has nothing to do with with design of the boots. The guys over at Hyperlite already said there is no affiliation with DC at all. they're just using the same factory that DC happens to use for construction of the boots... hyperlite does all the designing.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-08-2007, 10:42 PM Reply   
ok my bad....DC is not making hyperlite boots....their factory is. Gotcha! hmmm. Design and engineering done by Hype. OK...Boots still made overseas. would like to see them bring that to production here in the US like their top end boards. I got the DC rumor here on wakeworld....not from Hype. So many people said DC was making the boots. But I can see how that could get confused.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-09-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
DC makes snowboard boots so, similar constructions and materials. You'd probably be surprised with just how many boots are made by the same factories for various companies. I know Fox boots are made in Italy where all the best boots are made.....the factory makes many other lines as well as Fox.
Old     (undies)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-09-2007, 4:15 PM Reply   
the byerly monarch weighs 6.5 pounds not 11. and the boots are soft and flexy side to side and stiffer front to back for better support, also very light, the entire setup weighs under 10 pounds. just to clear the air on that one
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-09-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
Thanks soiled undies. Welcome to the forum. We here at Wakeworld will let you know how much the setup weighs after we get a chance to weigh it. Till then work on building up your reputation with good posts that are helpful.
Old     (undies)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-09-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
all i did was make a post to help out so people didn't have incorrect knowledge, someone said the murray weighs 7 but the byerly weighs 11. I was just pointing out that this was false, the murray and the monarch weigh roughly the same due to the new core they both have. I was just trying to help, not get flamed. I had nothing but good intentions.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-09-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
soiled....not tryin to school anyone...but if you got that info from Alliancewake...that was incorrect data. Notice they have pulled it from the site. The info I got came from a VERY good source. maybe the Byerly weighs as much as the Murray...we'll see like Jerm said. But the Sub6 is definitely going to be lighter than that Byerly board. again like Jerm said a weight to weight on all boards will be posted. I would think rather soon after the Surf Expo this week. That is when all the 08 goods will be exposed. Who knows maybe CWB or Liquid Force will have something even lighter than the new Hyperlite Sub 6. But from what I heard...not only is the Sub6 stinken light...it is a tough board. Seems like some of these light boards lately have been having issues with durability.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-09-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
not sure if this has already been asked or not, but is the murray boot coming in white and black?
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-09-2007, 10:12 PM Reply   
dudes u guys need to check out the tribute it is gonna be making some noise if it already hasn't the thing is sick definitly the lightest hyperlite ive ever held and it has hardly any swing weight the step down molded fins are also a really cool feature it may be one of the cheaper models but give it a chance also yes gregg nelson did have a huge part in the designing of the board but he's also been working with mike schwenne on it to in my opinion it's mike's signature board but anyways check it out it won't disapoint
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-10-2007, 5:10 AM Reply   
Ryan....the boots posted above^^ are the Murray and the sub6 boots. You can get them in black or white. So that is a big nodder bud...your choice. Entrust...I can read the print on the Sub6 pic you posted...but can't read the print on the Murray board or the boots. Could you please repost those pics just a tad larger so I can get the full description. Thanks!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-11-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
I picked up the Sub6 board this weekend at a competition. It was very light with 07 3DS boots on it. The owner said it was stiffer and rode different than the 3DS but along the same lines. It was crazy to see how thin the board got at the cutout places. Interesting stuff.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-11-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
Big heavy did you get a look at the 08 Murray? I am real curious about that set up.