Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (p_b_parks)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-30-2004, 6:23 AM Reply   
Are wakeboard rails harder? the same? or easier then snowboard rails. post some storys.
cheers,
Adam
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-30-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
I think snowboard rails are harder. No rope for balance. They are also faster and they hurt a LOT more when you fall on them. Especially on a nice icey conditions day! Oh yeah.
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-30-2004, 8:23 AM Reply   
I think snowboard rails are easier because it seems easier to ollie onto them. Then again I am alot better at snowboarding than wakeboarding.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-30-2004, 12:24 PM Reply   
It hurts a lot more to fall off a snowboard rail, that's for sure!

The snowboard rails are generally in better shape than the wakeboard rails I find around. The approach to the snow rails is generally a bit messed up, however.

Old    byerly137pro            09-30-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
I tend to agree that snowboard rails are very easy, although I never have done rails on wakeboard. Nonetheless snowboard rails are more fun because you have kinked rails, rainbows, s-curves, c-curves, double rails, they have it all, I mean whats not to like.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-30-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
When you're talking about basic rails, I've found that wakeboarding rails are actually a lot easier than snowboarding rails. I wouldn't even know how to explain it, I feel like the pull of the boat (or in my case, the seadoo) helped me stay on...it just seemed like there was less balance required.

But, when you step it up to something techincal and large, anything will be difficult. have fun
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-30-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
Do the snowboard rails cause as much damage as the wakeboard rails? Everybody says on here to basically have your second board used for hitting the rails. But then a snowboard receives a lot more scratches just from normal use - especially boarding on the ice in southern PA all the time - so the scratches from a rail may not be particularly noticeable.
Old    edward            09-30-2004, 3:53 PM Reply   
the scratches on my snowboard look no different from the ones from just everyday snowboarding where as wakeboarding you can see the graphics get messed up and board damaged
Old    utlakerider1            09-30-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
Wakeboard rails are easier. A wakeboard is widder so you have more leverage on your heels and toes. Its just makes it easier to keep your balance.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-02-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
Coming from the land of 10,000 lakes, we has a season of both, wake rails and snow rail. I think that wakeboard rails and snowboard rails a so much different from one another, snowbaord rails you can go slower at, not a constat 24 MPHs, although they are easier if you go faster. Another thing about snowboard rails is that when you crash, chances are good you are gunna land on the rail. Wakeboarding you can hold on to the rope and "usually" it will pull away from the rail. I would suggest hitting a few fun boxed before stepping it up to the metal rails. SO I guess I am saying wakeboard rails are easier, you dont see any snowboarders gapping 60 feet and spinng of over the gap, then landing on a rail.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-02-2004, 11:12 AM Reply   
>>dont see any snowboarders gapping 60 feet and spinng of over the gap, then landing on a rail.<<

uuummmmm....i beg to differ w/ you on that... check out the opening of the video AMP.....
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-02-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
True, but what I really should have said was, you don't see snowboarders hitting a rail, gapping like 50 feet then landing back on the rail. Like the wakeboard move of he year. Or parks' section in Welcome

(Message edited by Andy Nintzel on November 02, 2004)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-02-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
Andy: I don't know about the "50'" part, but snowboarders are gapping, spinning, and landing back on the rail.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-02-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
let just all agree that wakeboarding is cool, and so is snowboarding.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-02-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
NO... I want to argue some more. Agreeing on everything is boring!
Old    byerly137pro            11-02-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
Yeah wakeworld "drama" is to a minimum ever since the season has slowed down, the best thing now is looking at photoshopped pictures of someone i dont even know.
Old    dingo_davey            11-02-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
i would disagree andy, i think wakeboarding not cool.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-02-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
maybe we should all start barefooting then huh-
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-02-2004, 2:38 PM Reply   
Oh yea, my dad can beat up your dad!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-02-2004, 10:34 PM Reply   
My vote is for snowboard rails.

Unless you're hitting a box, snowboard rails are harder! Just about all the wakeboard sliders these days are made up of either 2 HUGE pvc pipes side by side or one big phat deck that's 1.5 - 2 feet wide (so wide that even a blind 90 year old lady can balance on it...)

"Can't we all just get along..."